I have overcome some sins which I no longer have any compulsion in doing, and therefore are no longer any work at all for me. And while there are some sins I still continue to commit, as I am not very contrite about these sins and therefore not very repentant; I do nevertheless realize that in order to be acceptable to the Lord who is Spirit, that I will have to overcome these sins in the flesh as well.Yes there is a great divide on this subject and for good reason, it is indeed a gift but is it a gift you have to keep working for to keep? If you give your kid a christmas present is that gift theirs to keep or will they have to keep working for it to keep it?
If you stumble and fall, and are honestly in your heart contrite about you falling and hitting the floor, the Lord will then save you from these sins (Psalms 34:18). There are, however, those who I previously mentioned to you who see the Lord's sacrifice to free us from our bondage to sin as a get out of Hell free card, when it is not.However you see there is a great misunderstanding about those who rest in his grace they do not see it as a free ticket to do as they please we all stumble and fall down and some hit the floor much harder than others but these also are the people who are all the more grateful for his grace and always strive to do better not because they have to to try to overcome the sin but because those who are that grateful for his sacrifice do so out of love and respect for him If a drug addict who was seen as a lost cause but found rest in him was born again and felt free from the shackles of his sin and who he was how grateful do you expect he will be for what Jesus did for him?
This is a perfect example of the people I am talking about, many are this addicted as the flesh naturally sins but they were saved and made into a new creation the problem is that they have those chains still because they see the old person they were they see the sin and want to overcome it but these chains are not for us to bear how far can you move forward carrying chains of your own doing when those chains were already removed for you?
Psalm 34:18 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.