Here's your answer: REVELATION 12: "THE DEVIL IS COME DOWN UNTO YOU"What in your opinion begins the 7 year Tribulation?
What in your opinion begins the 7 year Tribulation?
What in your opinion begins the 7 year Tribulation?
From the plethora of opinions and interpretations, obviously no one except God knows. Christians in North Korea would wonder why you think it has yet to start. Jews could be forgiven for wondering if anything could be worse than the holocaust. I've been saved for 50 years and I have no idea. What I do know is that the church in the West has steadily declined spiritually over the last 40 years or so. I do know that nations that once could be described as Christian are turning away from Christian principles and embracing antichrist ways and principles. The decline of morality in nations mirrors the decline of the church.What in your opinion begins the 7 year Tribulation?
Rapture (or being left behind on the Earth).What in your opinion begins the 7 year Tribulation?
From the plethora of opinions and interpretations, obviously no one except God knows. Christians in North Korea would wonder why you think it has yet to start. Jews could be forgiven for wondering if anything could be worse than the holocaust. I've been saved for 50 years and I have no idea. What I do know is that the church in the West has steadily declined spiritually over the last 40 years or so. I do know that nations that once could be described as Christian are turning away from Christian principles and embracing antichrist ways and principles. The decline of morality in nations mirrors the decline of the church.
I am not able to reconcile all that the Bible has to say on these issues. All I know is that the Lord Jesus is building His church. His church (not man's) will march up to the gates of hell and blast them down. When and how, I do not know.
I have a personal view, courtesy of Watchman Nee. He believed that there is a group of believers within the church generally who are the overcomers, as in Revelation 12. I believe that the statement "they did not love their lives even when facing death" refers to more than physical death. The toughest death experience for Christians is death to self. Some never deny themselves and so live a life of defeat. Some go part of the way but refuse to let go of something precious. Some count all things as loss in order to gain Christ. The latter are overcomers.
The overcomers will be raptured prior to the tribulation. These are the people who pray and command and keep Satan in check. Once they are gone, either by normal dying or by being caught up, the Antichrist will be let loose. The great tribulation will be a shock to the Christians who are complacent, self satisfied, too caught up in the world and otherwise dysfunctional as believers. They will have the incentive and opportunity to get real with God.
Is this understanding correct? I don't know for sure. It makes sense to me and Watchman Nee makes a compelling case from scripture. We will all know the truth eventually. In the meantime, it's good to be able to agree to disagree and not allow doctrine to divide us.
What in your opinion begins the 7 year Tribulation?