What Exactly Is Anxiety

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Harmony07

Jul 24, 2022
MEANING OF ANXIETY

Anxiety and fear are major features of modern life. Their impacts are very costly on economy and health of people all over the world. Anxiy and fear are not exactly the same thing when defined technically. Howey, they are related. As such, both terms are used interchangeably in this Article

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
MEANING OF ANXIETY

Anxiety and fear are major features of modern life. Their impacts are very costly on economy and health of people all over the world. Anxiy and fear are not exactly the same thing when defined technically. Howey, they are related. As such, both terms are used interchangeably in this Article
Well it is a long-winded article . I like reading the word of God about fear and anxiety . It gives us 365 different verses about not being afraid. I have to say I do not really agree with indulging constantly into hard work to overcome anxiety . I have been there done that. That in itself caused way more issues. For me I am still healing from alot of things. But God is bringing me through,amen.

Harmony07

Jul 24, 2022
Well it is a long-winded article . I like reading the word of God about fear and anxiety . It gives us 365 different verses about not being afraid. I have to say I do not really agree with indulging constantly into hard work to overcome anxiety . I have been there done that. That in itself caused way more issues. For me I am still healing from alot of things. But God is bringing me through,amen.
Th lord will be your guide and strength... Amen

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Whoever wrote that needs a proof reader to spell check, Badly.

And the coping strategies are overly simplistic. You could condense the coping strategies into one short sentence... "don't have anxiety", since most of what it says not to do are nearly impossible for people with anxiety to do. "Don't go to bed with your worries". Oh gee. Why didn't I think of that? So simple. I think if people were capable of doing so that easily anxiety wouldn't be a problem.
The entire issue of anxiety is that it is irrational and uncontrollable. Telling people a coping mechanism is to simply stop having symptoms isn't really a help at all.
And keeping busy, more accurately keeping Distracted, is a bandaid. It is a helpful mechanism but changes nothing in the long term. It doesn't have to be "hard work" but anything that helps occupy your mind.

Blog is written in such a clinical form as to seem to be more oriented towards professionals rather than laymen, but is so riddled with spelling errors no professional would take it seriously. Lots of more well written articles out there for people needing answers.

Harmony07

Jul 24, 2022
Whoever wrote that needs a proof reader to spell check, Badly.

And the coping strategies are overly simplistic. You could condense the coping strategies into one short sentence... "don't have anxiety", since most of what it says not to do are nearly impossible for people with anxiety to do. "Don't go to bed with your worries". Oh gee. Why didn't I think of that? So simple. I think if people were capable of doing so that easily anxiety wouldn't be a problem.
The entire issue of anxiety is that it is irrational and uncontrollable. Telling people a coping mechanism is to simply stop having symptoms isn't really a help at all.
And keeping busy, more accurately keeping Distracted, is a bandaid. It is a helpful mechanism but changes nothing in the long term. It doesn't have to be "hard work" but anything that helps occupy your mind.

Blog is written in such a clinical form as to seem to be more oriented towards professionals rather than laymen, but is so riddled with spelling errors no professional would take it seriously. Lots of more well written articles out there for people needing answers.
Yeah... I thought so too at first.. but later found out that being in a happy mood before bed helps reducing anxiety, watching movies before bed also helps in reducing tension.. I was forgetting something and I decided to go back to that article and found out it's now even updated... Got a few verses to work with and so on... I suffered anxiety because it's always like I don't meet to standards, I got this article in my mail one morning and decided to share.. I really thought it was going to help someone as it did to me...

TheNarrowPath

Jul 17, 2022
Yeah... I thought so too at first.. but later found out that being in a happy mood before bed helps reducing anxiety, watching movies before bed also helps in reducing tension.. I was forgetting something and I decided to go back to that article and found out it's now even updated... Got a few verses to work with and so on... I suffered anxiety because it's always like I don't meet to standards, I got this article in my mail one morning and decided to share.. I really thought it was going to help someone as it did to me...
It probably did help someone, your post got a lot of views so many will have read it even if they didnt comment :)

May 7, 2022
God emphasizes so many times in His word.....Fear Not. Our Lord Jesus experienced it in the garden before the time of crucifixion, His sweat were as great drops of blood. He who never felt sin or even knew what it was, the smell, the nasty filthiness, the feeling of the sins of all mankind......oh my! We have no idea how that would feel. Crying from the cross " My God why has thou forsaken me" , anxiety at it's extreme! He knows first hand the feelings of our infirmities.
Anxiety is real and very hard to overcome. Talk to fellow believers about it and give it to The Lord! He is faithful, sometimes in this world, He is the only One! 🙏