what god has always wanted

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
30He who is not with Me [definitely [l]on My side] is against Me, and he who does not [definitely] gather with Me and for [m]My side scatters. 31Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy (every evil, abusive, [n]injurious speaking, or indignity against sacred things) can be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the [Holy] Spirit shall not and [o]cannot be forgiven.
yes indeed.
you really ought to tremble at this.
oddly, the ones who are in danger of this don't seem to know it.

oh well.
carry on. no one can stop you apparently.

how strange that you post this in response to a simple post saying God speaks through the scriptures.

E

eternally-gratefull

does God speak to you audibly Linda?
personal visits?

how does He talk to you?
i am still waiting on them to tell me what about God I can not kinow by reading scripture. They seem to be running from this question. wonder why??

E

eternally-gratefull

30He who is not with Me [definitely [l]on My side] is against Me, and he who does not [definitely] gather with Me and for [m]My side scatters.
31Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy (every evil, abusive, [n]injurious speaking, or indignity against sacred things) can be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the [Holy] Spirit shall not and [o]cannot be forgiven.

You do know this "blasphemy of the Spirit" only refers to those who have died and rejected the true gospel of Christ do you not? The HS was sent to tell us these things (actually he has been doing it since the beginning Rom 1) and to reject the gospel is to blaspheme the HS

it has nothing to do with the topic in this room. or rejecting so called "gifts" of the spirit.

May 21, 2009
yes indeed.
you really ought to tremble at this.
oddly, the ones who are in danger of this don't seem to know it.

oh well.
carry on. no one can stop you apparently.

how strange that you post this in response to a simple post saying God speaks through the scriptures.

but blasphemy against the [Holy] Spirit shall not and [o]cannot be forgiven.

Saying God can not talk. You may want to pray about this big time.

S

silverwind

Who exactly is blaspheming against the Holy Spirit??? I think that passage is sorely being misinterpreted, in addition one shouldn't accuse others of this unforgivable sin without knowing fully what that sin is.

nuf said!

E

eternally-gratefull

She has never said God can not talk. Why are you slandering her?

As for blasphemy. read posts 23 and 26.

Feb 17, 2010
What if a person cannot read? We all assume every person on earth has a Bible, or can read it. Does all illiterate people go to hell? And the ones that teach them the Word, would they have to be as well educated as the teachers on CC? Shame, i pity the illieterate. But fortunately God said... HIS WORD WILL BE PREACHED!!! Even to the ones that does not have a Bible, and cannot read. And God HIMSELF will teach, like He did with Phillip in Acts 8, and God Himself will send HIS Pastors to these people.

And these Pastors will be EX-SAINTS... they would be PAST sinless. (Eph 4:11 to 13) They would be past BLAMELESS (1 Tim 3) in fact they would be perfect... Matthew 5:48... They CANNOT SIN... 1 John 3:9... And I know they CANNOT sin ..1 John 5:18. . because they are NEW CREATURES 2 Cor 5:17... to the EXACT GLORY OF JESUS AS MAN... Romans 8:29.

And they will NEED NOTHING, LACK NOTHING... WANT NOTHING... James 1:4... They will have a HOLY FAITH...Jud 1:20. Praying in the Spirit! IN GOD!!!

Aug 12, 2010

Ya seriously Linda. Your going through some personal stuff right now, why dont you take a break for a few days. Bandying around this charge unjustly is not good. I think an apology is in order.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Read the original post again. See if you disagree with the intent of the original post.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Otherwise you are just stirring up trouble, and being contentious.

P

priya

1. The Bible is a precious gift from God. It is like a letter from a loving father to his children. It tells us the truth about God—who he is and what he stands for. It explains how to cope with problems and how to find true happiness. The Bible alone tells us what we must do to please God.—Psalm 1:1-3; Isaiah 48:17, 18.

People worship many things. But the Bible tells us that there is only one TRUE God. He created everything in heaven and on earth. Because he gave us life, he is the only One we should worship.—1 Corinthians 8:5, 6; Revelation 4:11.

The Bible reveals Jehovah's personality to us. It shows that his outstanding qualities are love, justice, wisdom, and power. (Deuteronomy 32:4; Job 12:13; Isaiah 40:26; 1 John 4:8) The Bible tells us that he is also merciful, kind, forgiving, generous, and patient. We, like obedient children, should try to imitate him.—Ephesians 5:1, 2.

A

AnandaHya

priya, why did you dig up this post? most of the people on it are no longer with us. the last post was....

August 12th, 2011

if you wish you could repost your topic and engage in conversation with the people who are still here....

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
The Bible can be read by all who can read, the Bible is understood by all who accept... Difference between reading something and understanding it.

I have read the Bible when i was not "saved" and the difference between my understanding from then to now is immense.

The Holy spirit really is a guide and comfort.

Yahweh gives us a gift of wisdom when we accept his son Yeshua as our Saviour.
Blessed by grace indeed, humbled by insight indeed.
How Amazing my God Yahweh is... how blessed to have him as my one and only loving Yahweh. You can only understand Yeshua's sacrifice when you read both Old and New Testament..

I will also add that "lost in translation" has happened, but the Holy spirit will lead you to the answers.