J
jer2911
Guest
Mark 8:35-37New International Version (NIV)
[SUP]35 [/SUP]For whoever wants to save their life[SUP][a][/SUP] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it. [SUP]36 [/SUP]What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? [SUP]37 [/SUP]Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?
Article reference:
http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/sixtimes.htm
For me, this is very difficult to answer because I have many wants, likes, and desires to do, to achieve and to sustain. Do they mean I'm already gaining the whole world? Who whould think they are bad enough to forfeit my very soul? What about good intention?
Regardless of gaining some or the whole world, the result is forfeiting one's soul or life.
What exactly that would forfeit my very soul?
[SUP]35 [/SUP]For whoever wants to save their life[SUP][a][/SUP] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it. [SUP]36 [/SUP]What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? [SUP]37 [/SUP]Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?
Article reference:
http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/sixtimes.htm
For me, this is very difficult to answer because I have many wants, likes, and desires to do, to achieve and to sustain. Do they mean I'm already gaining the whole world? Who whould think they are bad enough to forfeit my very soul? What about good intention?
Regardless of gaining some or the whole world, the result is forfeiting one's soul or life.
What exactly that would forfeit my very soul?