What happens to or where is lake of fire?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
You understand not the truth. For when we become born again. Our spirit is born of God. Then our body becomes the temple of God. Our body is dead to the world but the Spirit of Jesus that dwells in us quickens our mortal bodies. This is what Paul speaks of.

Romans 8:11

“But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.”
King James Version (KJV)
So you are saying that being born again is the 'baptism for the dead' and is the resurrection?! Because Paul is talking about the fact of resurrection in 1 Cor 15:29 and he uses the practice of baptism for the dead to demonstrate that belief.

Mar 29, 2019
Please properly edit your post. Put one of these after my quote ]

He sent her to tell the disciples (who she knew personally) "...I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God." He did not send her to " evangelize" (which is best done with action not words)

Look Jesus assigned gender rolls because ...

1 Timothy 2:14

“And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression

But in the end it doesn't matter if we are male or female on Earth does it? Only thing that matters is we have Jesus in us and we follow his word.

Matthew 22:29

“Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.”
King James Version (KJV)

Matthew 22:30

“For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.”

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
There is neither male nor female in Christ Jesus.
Why do you wish to cause division along gender lines?

PS~ an evangelist is anyone who spreads the good news.
That is most often done via the spoken/written word.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Is it good news that God is not the monster many make Him out to be? I would say so :)

Mar 29, 2019
So you are saying that being born again is the 'baptism for the dead' and is the resurrection?! Because Paul is talking about the fact of resurrection in 1 Cor 15:29 and he uses the practice of baptism for the dead to demonstrate that belief.
Being born again is baptism of the Holy Ghost for those who are dead in sin and ask for life in Jesus.

To demonstrate what belief ?

Take a closer look at what Paul is taking about... Jesus defeats death... The wages of sin is death... we are dead in the body alive in the spirit.

Romans 6:23

“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
King James Version (KJV)

Mar 29, 2019
There is neither male nor female in Christ Jesus.
Why do you wish to cause division along gender lines?

PS~ an evangelist is anyone who spreads the good news.
That is most often done via the spoken/written word.

Cause division? I have simple quoted verses that cause people discomfort because of pride of life.

Yes it is most often done with spoken and written word that's is why few find the narrow path.

Matthew 7:13

“Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:”
King James Version (KJV)

Matthew 7:14

“Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”
King James Version (KJV)

Pretty NARROW minded of me to think females should remain silent in the church huh?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Cause division? I have simple quoted verses that cause people discomfort because of pride of life.

Yes it is most often done with spoken and written word that's is why few find the narrow path.

“Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:”
King James Version (KJV)

“Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”
King James Version (KJV)

Pretty NARROW minded of me to think females should remain silent in the church huh?
Telling me to shut up on a public forum is pretty low.

First you say one thing then you say the opposite.

The good news being spread orally or in written form is not why people reject it.

The natural man cannot receive the things of God because they are spiritually discerned.

Mar 29, 2019
Telling me to shut up on a public forum is pretty low.
Well if this public form is the church (IF it claims to be) then answer me this... what is ur understanding of this vers

1 Corinthians 14:34

“Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.”

And yes I agree it is low but not false rather truth

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Well if this public form is the church (IF it claims to be) then answer me this... what is ur understanding of this vers

1 Corinthians 14:34

“Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.”

And yes I agree it is low but not false rather truth
The Body of Christ is ONE. Churches is plural and clearly denotes the buildings where the body congregates. This is not a church, or one of those churches. It is a public forum. Women are to be obedient to their HUSBANDS. You do not qualify! You want to put people under the law, huh?

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Where? In scripture/Mind of the Lord

What happens to? We'll find out...

Have you ever had a traumatic memory that you've had healing from that just doesn't enter into your thought processes anymore? From time to time, years later you're like..."Hmm, forgot about that"

I feel like it will be a distant memory to those who inherit eternal life. Or it will always be a reminder. I can gesticulate but some things aren't very clear other than it is eternal punishment and not ideal to put it mildly.

It feels distant for me atm which is nice :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Where? In scripture/Mind of the Lord

What happens to? We'll find out...

Have you ever had a traumatic memory that you've had healing from that just doesn't enter into your thought processes anymore? From time to time, years later you're like..."Hmm, forgot about that"

I feel like it will be a distant memory to those who inherit eternal life. Or it will always be a reminder. I can gesticulate but some things aren't very clear other than it is eternal punishment and not ideal to put it mildly.

It feels distant for me atm which is nice :)
For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. Isa 65:17

God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Mar 29, 2019
The Body of Christ is ONE. Churches is plural and clearly denotes the buildings where the body congregates. This is not a church, or one of those churches. It is a public forum. Women are to be obedient to their HUSBANDS. You do not qualify! You want to put people under the law, huh?

If that is your understanding of what "churches" are then I have no more to say. I'm am extremely sorry to have upset you tonight. My intention was only to share the truth. We are not under the law but under grace. Good night magenta I wish you and this form the best of luck.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
If that is your understanding of what "churches" are then I have no more to say. I'm am extremely sorry to have upset you tonight. My intention was only to share the truth. We are not under the law but under grace. Good night magenta I wish you and this form the best of luck.
The body of Christ is ONE. Churches is plural. Get your facts straight. It is right there in the Bible. I am not under the law either but you want to put me there by telling me I should have no voice on this public forum even though YOU are not my husband. You don't fool me.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I said nothing about hell and/or the lake of fire not being literal. Just showing you that when the word forever is used, it does not always mean without end :)
~I will say that on the internet we say things and it's hard to sometimes hear the "voice" of the poster but PLEASE guys and girls can we look at Matthew 5:22 ??? Because I see enough of this to put me off being here. Also 1st Peter 3:15... (No, I don't mean you magenta just in general).

I have toyed with this concept in my mind also. To speak to a human being that is finite about the infinite it's almost as if there exists a sort of pre-understood "well a long time". I've had tormented headspaces that seemed to last hours and hours but were only minutes. Dream time anyone?!?

So it can give at least some hope when one has that fear of the Lord's wrath to the point of despair.

At the same time. It could legitimately mean...eternal wrath. It's hard to believe but we see enough in scripture to understand the severity/solemnity of the concept. (NOTE: I have read and spent time on it, quite a lot...) The Lord knows, I don't. To presume to dictate to others that "I know exactly what it means" is (in my view) setting myself up against the Lord. The mystery is not yet finished.

I'm not stating this with any authority. I've come to the conclusion...you don't want to see what happens on the "wrong side of the fence". I am learning to set my curiosity on the cross, to not give it free reign. It's kind of like sexuality...there are prescribed limits but blessings therein. In the end I hear...Abide in me (yeshua).

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Being born again is baptism of the Holy Ghost for those who are dead in sin and ask for life in Jesus.

To demonstrate what belief ?

Take a closer look at what Paul is taking about... Jesus defeats death... The wages of sin is death... we are dead in the body alive in the spirit.

Romans 6:23

“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
King James Version (KJV)
Is being born again same thing as resurrection because Paul in the whole 1 Cor 15 is talking of nothing else but resurrection.

Nov 26, 2012

King James Version (KJV)

King James Version (KJV)

This isn’t church.

Nov 26, 2012
Is being born again same thing as resurrection because Paul in the whole 1 Cor 15 is talking of nothing else but resurrection.
Being born again is the quickening (vitalization) that happens when your mind awakens to the Spirit. In a way most can understand;

A computer is a machine with a physical shell, a processor and programming. When you plug it into the wall it has operable function. It lights up and has purpose. If that’s all you did then you may miss it’s greatest asset. When you connect to the internet, all of a sudden you are connected around the world. You can upload, you can down load. Also when you let others in they can reprogram your computer.

In this analogy, plugged in, the computer is a “living soul”. Connected to the internet, it is a quickening spirit. The moment it connects to the internet it is reborn. Since we are connected to a Master Database, all of the information can be, and is uploaded. Then when the shell and processor are “expired”, there is the ability to download all of the data, into a new unit, a better computer. This is the resurrection.

Nov 26, 2012
Being born again is the quickening (vitalization) that happens when your mind awakens to the Spirit. In a way most can understand;

A computer is a machine with a physical shell, a processor and programming. When you plug it into the wall it has operable function. It lights up and has purpose. If that’s all you did then you may miss it’s greatest asset. When you connect to the internet, all of a sudden you are connected around the world. You can upload, you can down load. Also when you let others in they can reprogram your computer.

In this analogy, plugged in, the computer is a “living soul”. Connected to the internet, it is a quickening spirit. The moment it connects to the internet it is reborn. Since we are connected to a Master Database, all of the information can be, and is uploaded. Then when the shell and processor are “expired”, there is the ability to download all of the data, into a new unit, a better computer. This is the resurrection.
In addition, connected, we allow God to reprogram us. This is the “being transformed by the renewing of our minds.” Also, the viruses and malware installed by a fallen world are eliminated so the operating system works as intended.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Is it the fire that burns for 7 years as thats how long it takes in Ezekiel, and this takes place in the valley of Hamnon-Gog, which may be near the dead sea.

In revelation, its Gog and Magog that surround the saints, God sends fire from heaven down to devour his enemies.