What have we become?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hizikyah

Senior Member
Aug 25, 2013
11,634
372
0
Romans 12:1-2, "Therefore, I appeal to you, brothers, by the mercies of Yahweh, that You present your bodies as living sacrifices, holy, acceptable to Yahweh, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to the pattern of this world; but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may be able to test and prove what is the righteous, and acceptable, and perfect will of Yahweh."

IMO, any that speak obedience to His Instructions are usually called "justified by works" "not in the Spirit" etc...

However Scripture is clear:

Ezekiyl 36:26-28, "A new heart; mind, will I also give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the heart of stone out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments, and do them. And you will dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and you will be My people, and I will be your Father."

Yeremyah 31:33, "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israyl: After those days, says Yahweh: I will put My Law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts, and I will be their Strength, and they will be My people."

Romans 8:5-8 (ESV), "For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God."

1 John 1:8-10, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us."

1 Yahchanan 2:1-2, "My little children, I write these things to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father: Yahshua Messiah, the Righteous; and He is the sacrifice of atonement for our sins, and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

1 Yahchanan 3:4, "Whoever commits sin, transgresses also the Law; for sin is the transgression of the Law."

Just because we have mercy does not mean we throw all Instructions in the Law of Yahweh in the trash.

Romans 3:28, "For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the Law."

Romans 3:31, "Are we then doing away with the Law through the faith? By no means! Rather, we establish the Law!"

Romans 6:1-2, "What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means!How can we who died to sin still live in it?"

1 John 2:3-6, "And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of Yah is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked." (ESV)

But many say "if you read it your not in the Spirit" Whaaaaat? I wait I know:

Jude 1:4, "For there are certain men who have secretly crept in, who were before of old ordained for this condemnation, unholy men, who turn the undeserved pardon of our One Supreme Savior Yahweh into licentiousness, and deny Yahshua our Messiah"

2 Thess 2:6-12, "For the mystery of iniquity (secret initiation of lawlessness*) is already working, but the One restraining him will continue to restrain him, until he is made to appear in the midst. And then that lawless one will be revealed, whom Yahshua will remove with the breath of His mouth, and make powerless with the appearance of His coming-- Whose coming is according to the energy of Satan, who works with all power, and signs, and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of sin in those who are perishing, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason, Yahweh will send them strong delusion, that they would believe the deception, In order that all those may be judged as not having believed the truth, but as having delighted in sin."

*What is the "mystery of iniquity" ?

3466 mustérion
mustérion: a mystery or secret doctrine
Short Definition: anything hidden, a mystery
Definition: a mystery, secret, of which initiation is necessary;

458 anomia
anomia: lawlessness
Short Definition:lawlessness, iniquity
Definition: lawlessness, iniquity, disobedience, sin

1 Timothy 4:1-2, "Now the Spirit speaks very plainly, that in the latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons Speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their conscience seared as with a hot iron"

2 Timothy 4:3-4, “For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but after their own lusts they will heap to themselves teachers, who will tickle their ears, and they will turn away their ears from the truth, and be turned to fables."

Hebrews 12:28-29, "Therefore, since we are receiving a Kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have and hold humility, by which we may serve Yahweh acceptably with reverence and awe: For our Father is a consuming fire."

we don't want to fall after this same "ruined" and "useless" pattern

Yeremyah 13:1-10, "This is what Yahweh said to me: Go and buy yourself a linen belt, and put it around your waist, but do not put it in water. So I got a belt according to the word of Yahweh, and put it around my waist. And the word of Yahweh came to me the second time, saying: Take the belt you bought, which is around your waist, and arise, go to the Euphrates, and hide it there in a cleft in the rock. So I went and hid it by the Euphrates, as Yahweh commanded me. And it came to pass after many days that Yahweh said to me: Arise, go to the Euphrates, and get the belt I commanded you to hide there. Then I went to the Euphrates and dug, and I took the belt from the place where I had hidden it; and behold, the belt was ruined, unfit for use. Then the word of Yahweh came to me, saying: This is what Yahweh says; After this manner I will ruin the pride of Yahdah (Judah) and the great pride of Yerusalem. This evil people, who refuse to listen to My words, who walk in the imagination of their heart; (following their own stubborn inclinations,) and walk after the hinder gods to serve them and worship them, will be just like this belt which is unfit for use."

but rather:

Timothy 3:15-17, "And that from a child you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise unto salvation, through the faith which is in Yahshua Messiah. All Scripture is given through inspiration of Yahweh is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of Yahweh may become perfect, thoroughly furnished for every righteous work."

John (Yahchanan 15:4-6, "Abide in Me, and I in you. Just as the branch cannot produce fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, produces much fruit; but without Me, you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away like a branch, and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned."