What Have You Been Reading?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

evelina

lock and key by : Sarah Dessen

a book about to rethink a cynical worldview...

F

francina

Books that helped me completely overcome depression, being suicidal etc.. Ephesians by Paul, Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyers , The Feeling Good Handbook by David Burns (this is very good for cognitive skills) & Breaking Controlling Powers by Roberts Liardon (great for those who are controlling & those who deal with controlling people, this is good for recognizing those traits). Along with hours of prayer & having to practice those skills going through situations that used to make me fall apart - I'm a completely different person. Let me reiterate long hours of prayer & meditation on the Word & listening to the Holy Spirit.

Now, for my fun reading, in spite of many sermons against it... I am rereading Harry Potter series, cause I forgot so much of the details & gearing up for the last movie ( I know.. just to be disappointed at what was changed or left out, it is the bane of book lovers).
I just got The Inheritance Cycle Trilogy by Paolini (case in point Eragon was a disaster as a movie)
I love Travels by Michael Crichton who passed away, it is about some of his experiences & adventures
If you really like Lord of the Rings Trilogy then you really should read the Hobbit the first book really