What I Believe About God, The Bible & Christ Jesus

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kisrael
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kisrael

Guest
This is answered in the Bible from 1 Peter 3:15 "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts; and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" (KJV) that we should be able to give an account for the reason of our great hope in our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus.

As for me, It is because I, like Ignatius truly know that Christ is Lord because I've been born again by HIS holy spirit. My life has been turned upside down and inside out causing me to be turned from gross darkness into HIS marvelous saving light.

Because I have had so many real encounters with the Holy Spirit and Christ Jesus this is the reason why my faith has been so deeply rooted in HIM and HIS Word. When one has experienced such a life changing watershed moment in their life they cannot help but to be a living testament as to the event when their life changes from the darkness of sin to the light of the gospel life of Christ Jesus and HIS ways as taught in scripture. And we are admonished all through scriptures to teach others what we have heard and to disciple them.

The word of God is everything to me. But it hasn't always been that way. It only became that way the past 13 years of my life. My best friend suggested that I set aside a time to spend with God each morning. She taught me the priestly benediction from Numbers 6:22-27.

And from there I just began digging in HIS word more often. And God began speaking to me about events and circumstances in my life so I began relying on HIS word a lot more for my guidance. I just love HIS word so much that I carry it with me every where I go.

As for the reason that I personally believe; I became born again in 1988. From that moment I went from being an atheist to being born again and it was kind of like Saul of Tarsus being transformed on the road to Damaskus because I felt that everything that I had learned up to that day was false and once I became born again I felt as if I had been enlightened to truth.