I love Jesus, and am thankful for His sacrifice for us. I’m not one to have my head buried in the sand just because I’m Christian either. I’m not bound by a religious spirit and an indoctrinated mind that reads like a programmed computer. I see the life and freedom that comes walking with Christ and embrace it. I also see a culture around me that breathes obsession and death and I’m not going to stand around and be quiet about it. We have far too much to lose by standing by and not loving our brothers and sisters in Christ as well as those who don’t know him.
So many are put off because someone dresses differently or may believe differently than they do; the rush to judgment is not only far too hasty but incredibly foolish. The Word tells us that God knitted us in the womb, and let’s face it we’re all so very different. So why in the heck do some people think we all need to be suit and tie robots? There are those who have a more traditional stance of dress, and that’s fine. There are also those who dress differently and can go around and through boundaries because they don’t apply to us. I’m comfy in jeans and a t-shirt but I can also just as easily have tripp pants on and look a little punk or goth. Appearance isn’t an issue for me because the heart of a person is what matters. Some will say people that dress outside of the everyday are bad. They see piercings and tattoos walk the other way thinking “oh that person is a freak “or “that person just wants attention.” That isn’t the case most of the time. It’s just different than what they know and what people don’t understand they tend to be afraid of and reject. Take a look at The Whosoevers ministry; Ryan Ries, Lacy Sturm and so many others involved don’t have these boundaries and look at all those they’re leading to Christ! The numbers are huge of those coming to Christ as well as and victories over strongholds in people’s lives. Look at the fruits of the spirit n the lives of people before you open your mouth and judge someone.
I hate religion. It puts boundaries on God, becomes ritualistic and controlling and can spiritually numb people to things around them. Jesus taught that we’re supposed to have a personal relationship with Him and that’s exactly what we should have. I see God taking apart traditional churches more and more and turning things upside down from the common placed brick and mortar and Sunday rituals. Jesus is becoming a walk of life rather than a few worship songs and a pastor’s sermon endured thing at the beginning of the week. The more this happens the more ‘traditional’ way of thinking is going to fall by the wayside and the more people will walk in freedom and a whole new understanding of who and what God is and what He wants for our lives.
So many are put off because someone dresses differently or may believe differently than they do; the rush to judgment is not only far too hasty but incredibly foolish. The Word tells us that God knitted us in the womb, and let’s face it we’re all so very different. So why in the heck do some people think we all need to be suit and tie robots? There are those who have a more traditional stance of dress, and that’s fine. There are also those who dress differently and can go around and through boundaries because they don’t apply to us. I’m comfy in jeans and a t-shirt but I can also just as easily have tripp pants on and look a little punk or goth. Appearance isn’t an issue for me because the heart of a person is what matters. Some will say people that dress outside of the everyday are bad. They see piercings and tattoos walk the other way thinking “oh that person is a freak “or “that person just wants attention.” That isn’t the case most of the time. It’s just different than what they know and what people don’t understand they tend to be afraid of and reject. Take a look at The Whosoevers ministry; Ryan Ries, Lacy Sturm and so many others involved don’t have these boundaries and look at all those they’re leading to Christ! The numbers are huge of those coming to Christ as well as and victories over strongholds in people’s lives. Look at the fruits of the spirit n the lives of people before you open your mouth and judge someone.
I hate religion. It puts boundaries on God, becomes ritualistic and controlling and can spiritually numb people to things around them. Jesus taught that we’re supposed to have a personal relationship with Him and that’s exactly what we should have. I see God taking apart traditional churches more and more and turning things upside down from the common placed brick and mortar and Sunday rituals. Jesus is becoming a walk of life rather than a few worship songs and a pastor’s sermon endured thing at the beginning of the week. The more this happens the more ‘traditional’ way of thinking is going to fall by the wayside and the more people will walk in freedom and a whole new understanding of who and what God is and what He wants for our lives.