What if you are wrong?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

wanderer6059

Oct 27, 2013
what if you strongly believe in something like; works or grace, OSAS or faith with evidence, gifts of the spirit or cessation, KJV only, dispensations, anything end time related.

what will go through your mind if when you stand before God He says its true? what if you see all your opposition to it burn up as the Lord test your works?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
What if we get to heaven and find out we were wrong about something?

1. A Christian has two choices in life:

A. Obey God's commands to study the Bible, learn doctrine, teach doctrine, witness, counsel, speak out, and minister to others as best we can, and according to our abilities... then find out in Heaven we were each wrong about something or other, because none of us were perfect.

B. Disobey God's command to study the Bible, learn doctrine, teach doctrine, witness, speak out, teach, preach, and minister to others... and spend our lives cowering in a corner like a frightened, useless lump of jelly.

2. I don't know... which of those choices seems better?

3. In scripture, all of God's servant's made mistakes... and that didn't stop them.

God still loved them, and God still used them, and they all had a job to do.

---------

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
It is very dangerous, I think, to be wrong about God. Anytime anyone puts church doctrine ahead of their study of God's word, they take a great chance of being wrong.

The ways of God were given to men to write in scripture so many years ago that those men put down what they were told in words they knew. Sometimes God gave them the exact words to say and we can know when that happened because they say so with "God says" or some such. Just think how bewildering it would have been to them if men of today wrote God's ways in our language. I have a hard time with Shakespeare and he was only 500 years ago. So we need help from men who studied those times, and we have to sort through their help to see if it came from God. On top of that scripture is written in a very long book, and it all has to fall into place as coming from an eternal God who never changes. Paul and Moses have to agree if it is God's word. That takes some real study and doing.

I don't think there is any real excuse for anyone to grab hold of an idea that comes from man instead of scripture and say it is right. And still!! we see darkly, even scripture tells us so. It all says we all need Christ.
s

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
We are all wrong or mistaken about some things, but I doubt God will hold "stupid" against us.. As long as we don't blatantly misconstrue or twist his word to suite our own purpose, I doubt he will hold a lack of wisdom in contempt. One reason Jesus came not only with the word, but as our living example, is to show us the Truth, its hard to misunderstand what he did.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
what if you strongly believe in something like; works or grace, OSAS or faith with evidence, gifts of the spirit or cessation, KJV only, dispensations, anything end time related.

what will go through your mind if when you stand before God He says its true? what if you see all your opposition to it burn up as the Lord test your works?

What would go through "your" mind, if perchance "you experienced" some "faith with evidence", let's say, one way could be a "personal visitation?" And be made cognizant, that EVERYTHING you had been taught, was contrary to everything, you were just made aware of? :)

7seasrekeyed

what if people just got used to the idea that no one on the planet has it all right and God looks on the heart and does not judge the way we do?

that would really be upsetting to some I suspect :rolleyes:

Therefore my beloved, just as always you have obeyed, not only as in my presence, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Philippians 2:12

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Apart from Jesus, I think we are probably all wrong about something.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Some or perhaps many simply do not know nor do they care to know the Christ of the bible. Romans 1 says they changed God into corruptible things.

The Holy Spirit leads believers into the truth of Gods word.

The Jesus of the bible offends our self righteousness.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

notuptome

May 17, 2013
What if I am right? What if those apart from Christ upon death enter an eternity of condemnation?

Would that create urgency to tell the lost of Christ?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
What if I am right? What if those apart from Christ upon death enter an eternity of condemnation?

Would that create urgency to tell the lost of Christ?

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I do not understand why and how people can say the OT is scripture, the NT is scripture and that Paul, Moses, James, etc. spoke for the eternal God and yet insist that they said that God had different precepts. They will insist they are right in how they interpret these scriptures and at the same time insist their reasoning and interpretation proves that one of these people disagree with the other and that one is right and the other wrong.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
What would go through "your" mind, if perchance "you experienced" some "faith with evidence", let's say, one way could be a "personal visitation?" And be made cognizant, that EVERYTHING you had been taught, was contrary to everything, you were just made aware of?
If you had been taught the truth of the Bible and believed it, than any "visitation" to controvert your beliefs and faith would be from the Devil and/or his demons.

The question in the title of this thread is misleading. Those who have the Word of God and the indwelling Holy Spirit should also have the assurance that they know and believe the truth (provided they refuse to be snared in man-made doctrines).

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I do not understand why and how people can say the OT is scripture, the NT is scripture and that Paul, Moses, James, etc. spoke for the eternal God and yet insist that they said that God had different precepts. They will insist they are right in how they interpret these scriptures and at the same time insist their reasoning and interpretation proves that one of these people disagree with the other and that one is right and the other wrong.
You might want to consider that Jesus quoted OT scripture and referred to it as scripture.

You cannot understand the NT without the OT.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
You cannot understand the NT without the OT.
The poster does not see and understand the difference between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant. That's the real issue.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
That's why I try not to follow doctrine of just men too closely, and try to keep an open mind. Just try and read the word of God and pray for understanding. Listen to God as he talks to my heart and do the best I can. I always try to pray and ask the Lord to forgive me and help me, and that if I am wrong about something I ask him to teach me and let me know.

I pray that the Lord will forgive me for any secret faults or sins that I may have that I don't know about.

So I guess, what I am trying to say is that all we can do is study the word and pray for understanding and continuously seek him for help in learning and growing. God knows the heart of everyone and that's what he is looking at is our heart.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013

Thank G-d according to His word although my works burn I will not!!!

I CORIN 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

THIS IS A BIG DEAL!!!! My reward is based on my WORK BUT NOT MY SALVATION!!!!!

ALTHOUGH I AM A WOMAN I LIKE JEWS, ESPECIALLY IN MY PERFECT CROWN!!!!.... LOL....

SaintMichaels

Jun 6, 2018

It would be a learning experience since standing before the throne of God is not a scary place to be for the Christian. We're the only one's that stand there when it is time.

Maybe another good question to add to this is, do you, meaning anyone who cares to respond, do the works of God before then? Or do you do the works for God?

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016

He who searches for the truth with all their heart will find it. Ask, seek, and knock, and the door of understanding will open for you. God is not a liar. If someone has a closed mind (no ears to hear or eyes to see) they will not see the simple truth right in front of them, because they refuse to see it. They want the Scriptures to say what they want it to, therefore bend scriptures to try to make it fit, instead of accepting it's real message. They will have no excuse. A lack of humility on their part is a sign, or should I say a symptom of this spiritual disease.