What if you die before water baptism?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
I hope you realize you have a great sense of humor!!

In eternity we will be able to laugh deeply without first needing to hear a joke.

All we would need to do? ......

..... Is to remember this world we left behind.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I'm thinking you could enjoy some joy... :unsure::love::love::love::love::love:

John the Baptist said, "I baptize you with water but one is coming that will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and Fire."

I see water, Holy Spirit and Fire.... but I do see ONE SPIRIT, ONE LORD, so the ONE BAPTISM must mean that we ALL go through this ONE BAPTISM that consists of 3... kinda like the Trinity.... ONE GOD, yet 3 - The Father, the Son and The Holy Spirit.

We need to not just look at one scripture but ALL scriptures that speak of baptism... the whole picture, no missing pieces to the puzzle.
I feel a need to elaborate.....

Water = Baptism for the Body
Holy Spirit = Baptism for the Spirit
Fire = Baptism for the Soul (mind, will, emotions)

I am only one person but 3 parts... body, soul, and spirt. Each part of me goes through a baptism.

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
For me, the Baptism with the Holy Spirit happened later but, I do believe the Sealing and Baptism with the Holy Spirit can happen at the same time.
Yup, sometimes it does - it was pretty common during the Charismatic outpouring in the '70s. In my case, I was Born again in '63, and "Spirit filled" (to use AG vernacular) in '73.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
In eternity we will be able to laugh deeply without first needing to hear a joke.

All we would need to do? ......

..... Is to remember this world we left behind.
With the Holy Spirit, we can laugh now without having to hear a joke.... it's Holy Spirit Laughter! It's wonderful when the Holy Spirit gives you a belly laugh for absolutely no reason... you just laugh, laugh, laugh! This is why I call myself "Lafftur." God has a wonderful sense of humor! :giggle:

The more I just let myself "enjoy" God... I realize I don't have to wait till I get to Heaven to enjoy Him.... I can enjoy God right now, on the Earth.

Try enjoying Him... you'll see how much fun God is and how much He enjoys YOU enjoying HIM! :love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Yup, sometimes it does - it was pretty common during the Charismatic outpouring in the '70s. In my case, I was Born again in '63, and "Spirit filled" (to use AG vernacular) in '73.
Hello Bob! Great to see you! :love:

Big difference when the power of the Holy Spirit comes.... It's like "we have lift off and we are in the clouds now, everything sure does look different up here!"

I remember being amazed at how much I loved people....:love::love::love::love::love:

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
I feel a need to elaborate.....

Water = Baptism for the Body
Holy Spirit = Baptism for the Spirit
Fire = Baptism for the Soul (mind, will, emotions)

I am only one person but 3 parts... body, soul, and spirt. Each part of me goes through a baptism.

Spirit baptism is intended for believers...

Fire baptism will come later and be the removal of all unbelievers from the earth.

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
Hello Bob! Great to see you! :love:

Big difference when the power of the Holy Spirit comes.... It's like "we have lift off and we are in the clouds now, everything sure does look different up here!"

I remember being amazed at how much I loved people....:love::love::love::love::love:
Some peoples REACTION to the experience is "cataclysmic". In my case, it was gentle, and non-emotional. I just got some strange words in my mind, and when I spoke they, they flowed.

The SIGNIFICANT effect, however, was that almost immediately I was launched into an intense decade of Bible teaching in Churches, and Small groups, in the liberal denominations, that were experiencing and accepted the Outpouring, but that were light on Biblical knowledge, since their churches really never placed much importance in Bible familiarity.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Spirit baptism is intended for believers...

Fire baptism will come later and be the removal of all unbelievers from the earth.
Fire baptism is to burn up all the chaff.... which is my flesh which is in my soul... mind will emotions... it is good for the Lord Jesus Christ to baptize my soul in His Fire... only what is of Him in my mind will remain and come forth as pure gold, my will and emotions will also come through as pure gold when He is done. I love His Fire! :love:

Also true, anything on the Earth that is not His, will be consumed in His Fire... all chaff will be ashes under His feet and ours.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Some peoples REACTION to the experience is "cataclysmic". In my case, it was gentle, and non-emotional. I just got some strange words in my mind, and when I spoke they, they flowed.

The SIGNIFICANT effect, however, was that almost immediately I was launched into an intense decade of Bible teaching in Churches, and Small groups, in the liberal denominations, that were experiencing and accepted the Outpouring, but that were light on Biblical knowledge, since their churches really never placed much importance in Bible familiarity.
Wonderful, Bob! Sounds like you got the gift of speaking in tongues! Love that! It really helps to speak in tongues when we don't know what else to say and we really need encouragement. I am very thankful for that gift!

I would love for the Holy Spirit to operate more gifts in me! It's up to God, He knows best. The Fruit of the Holy Spirit is sooooo foundational to our Christian life. The gifts are more like the icing on the cake.

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
Fire baptism is to burn up all the chaff.... which is my flesh which is in my soul... mind will emotions... it is good for the Lord Jesus Christ to baptize my soul in His Fire... only what is of Him in my mind will remain and come forth as pure gold, my will and emotions will also come through as pure gold when He is done. I love His Fire! :love:

Also true, anything on the Earth that is not His, will be consumed in His Fire... all chaff will be ashes under His feet and ours.
Thanks for telling me something to think about....

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
Wonderful, Bob! Sounds like you got the gift of speaking in tongues! Love that! It really helps to speak in tongues when we don't know what else to say and we really need encouragement. I am very thankful for that gift!

I would love for the Holy Spirit to operate more gifts in me! It's up to God, He knows best. The Fruit of the Holy Spirit is sooooo foundational to our Christian life. The gifts are more like the icing on the cake.

I'm new here. So, is this a forum of Charismatics?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I understand what you're saying but this isn't even a matter of agreement it's a matter
of needing an interpreter, at least for me it is. Also, when i disagree with someone doesn't
mean i don't enjoy their company. I've mentioned that many times here. Many people i work
with are unbelievers but i still have a coffee or lunch with them.
Many people have given helpful hints and solid suggestions to him, but he ignores them (refuses correction).

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Charismatics? LOL!... Maybe... I just know I REALLY looooove Jesus Christ, my Father God and the Precious Holy Spirit. :love:(y)

I need to put my head on my pillow and sleep now.... got work tomorrow! I've enjoyed talking with all of you! Good night sweet Family of God! :love::sleep:zzzzz

Kroogz

Dec 5, 2023
Jesus was speaking about two kinds of BIRTHS.

When the flesh gives birth? The mother "breaks water."

That speaks of being born of the flesh, not water baptism.
I think a better explanation is the water IS the Holy Spirit. Because there is only one birth in question.....born again.Nicodemus was the 'teacher of Israel' and should have known what Jesus was saying.
Numbers 19:17–19
17 ‘Then for the unclean person they shall take some of the ashes of the burnt purification from sin and flowing water shall be added to them in a vessel.
18 ‘A clean person shall take hyssop and dip it in the water, and sprinkle it on the tent and on all the furnishings and

Ezekiel 36:25–27:
I will sprinkle clean water upon you, and you will be clean. I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

Zechariah 13:1
1 “In that day a fountain will be opened for the house of David and for the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for impurity.

John 7~~ 37 Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying,If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink.
38 “He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.’ ”
39 But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

John 3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

kai: and, even, also
Original Word: καί
Part of Speech: Conjunction
Transliteration: kai
Phonetic Spelling: (kahee)
Definition: and, even, also
Usage: and, even, also, namely.

listenyoumustAll

Jul 22, 2021
This is a thread for people who believe water baptism is required for salvation, if you aren't that type of person, then obviously you don't need to answer this question, as I know you will just say the man is saved, as water isnt required.

Hypothetical situations that are often brought up by people to argue against baptismal regeneration are:

1. What about someone who is ill, about to die, cries out to God, asks Jesus to save them, will they die lost because they didn't have enough time to get baptized?

2. What about someone who is on a stranded island and has no one to baptize him, dies there, will he die lost?

In my opinion both of these arguments deserve a proper response, which is why I am making this thread. Give me your case, you who believe baptism in water is required for salvation.

PS I hope this thread isnt gonna turn into 50 responses and 0 answers and everyone just saying "Its not required for salvation because of such and such." I get it, I know the arguments both ways, but im just asking our baptismal regeneration people here to answer these. Thank you for understanding.
Water baptism is good, it glorifies the flesh Galatians 6:13(KJV) For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh. . but it will not stop one from being saved . being born again in the spirit as its written
Colossians 2:10-11(KJV) And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
Well,,,, here we go again.

Its become a holy free for all...

Its... Let your imagination be your God...

I'm out of this thread. Sorry.

Grace and peace ................

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Thanks. You too.
Maybe in another life we might understand each-other better.
If you say so.

But in my fathers house there is many mansions, and I suspect and hope I would be given a room well away from you.

I say this, because I have to believe when you speak, you should be walking in spirit. Well at least some of the time.

But yet all you have done for the last month is complain, when speaking to me, or speaking about me. So your spirit must like complaining and finding fault.

I would imagine even in heaven then, there must be complaining, as you seem to like complaining,

Complaining about nothing is a sign of madness. And pettiness.

Complaint about something important has its merits, and I would imagine this type of complaining happens in heaven.

So you will probably get your heavenly wish to complain in heaven.

But I personaly believe God probably puts the petty complainers in different mansions, at least I would hope so. 😊

And he probably puts the worth while complainers together.

As you would not want people behaving like Goats and sheep in heaven would you, that would be a bit silly. Have a great day 👍

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Well,,,, here we go again.

Its become a holy free for all...

Its... Let your imagination be your God...

I'm out of this thread. Sorry.

Grace and peace ................
Yes theres plenty of threads where you can post ignorance and then cop out 😊

As even at cc there is many mansions for the cop outs

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Water baptism is good, it glorifies the flesh Galatians 6:13(KJV) For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh. . but it will not stop one from being saved . being born again in the spirit as its written
Colossians 2:10-11(KJV) And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
Gods words says you must be baptised 😊

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Oh no, Eli is an absolute sweetheart! :love:(y)

It doesn't matter if we disagree, we know Jesus will sort it all out, we're brother and sister in the Family of God! All is wonderful!

If Eli wants to discuss anything with me, he knows he can! :love:(y)
he's wonderful at complaining 😊