What if you die before water baptism?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
I was not talking about the pastor saving you in baptism

I was talking about the Holy spirit saving you in baptism,

Acts 10

Then Peter said, 47 “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” 48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

They where baptised with the Holy spirit.

Which means you as well.

You had the Holy spirit a seed in your heart the holy spirit baptised you in water to save you. So you could receive the gift of the Holy spirit,

It doesn't have to be a pastor that baptises you, it can just be another saved person.

The person is a witness 😊 the spirit in him is Christ, Christ is baptising you
The HS does not baptise you in water. He baptises you in christ.

Romans 6, Gal 3 and 1 cor 12, Lets add in there Colossians 2..

You have too much water in your mind Stop focusing on water and focus on God.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
The HS does not baptise you in water. He baptises you in christ.

Romans 6, Gal 3 and 1 cor 12, Lets add in there Colossians 2..

You have too much water in your mind Stop focusing on water and focus on God.
well I don't normally respond to these threads because of the blatant disregard of texts.

Acts 10 says they had the holy spirit then they where ordered to be baptised

Now your telling me your not baptised by the holy spirit 🤔

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Stop excusing your own sin

The penalty of SIN is death.. James said if we even sin by accident, we are guilty of the law.

Pharisees tries it your way, They ended up crucifying Christ because he called them out. You need to look inside..
sir your comments are becoming more and more irrational the more I speak to you.

You do know what ott means I take it,

Do you have ocd

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
well I don't normally respond to these threads because of the blatant disregard of texts.

maybe you should just walk away

I never said any such thing. And I challenge you to show where I made such a claim

Actually this comment proves what I have been saying is correct.

But you will never admit it.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017

@Everlasting-Grace said the oppisite to what you are stating...He has made it clear that he was Baptized by the Holy Spirit , and then after he got Baptized in water according to Gods Will...He did as he was commanded...If you go back and read @Everlasting-Grace post , you will see it very clearly what he wrote Amen...

Dec 29, 2023
Stop excusing your own sin
It's your sin that has you on the high way to hell.

If you do not repent you will in fact perish.

then after he got Baptized in water according to Gods Will
And he wants to argue that it's not actually God's will to get water baptized even though God says in His Word it is His will and He actually commands us to be baptized for remission of sins.

So this guy is all over the map and is a very confused person.

Hope that gets better for him and He starts simply accepting all of what God says in His Word

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
maybe you should just walk away

I never said any such thing. And I challenge you to show where I made such a claim

Actually this comment proves what I have been saying is correct.

But you will never admit it.
Walk on by you mean.

Well you've just acknowledged that when a person is baptised they have the Holy spirit already, ( finally)

So in what sense do they have the Holy Spirit, is it a seed in there heart.

Is it you have complete salvation already,

So what is the reason for being baptised with the holy spirit.

Why would there be a reason for the holy spirit to allow you to be baptised.

Why would the Holy Spirit baptise you.

Why would you be commanded to be baptised with when you already have the Holy Spirit in you.

Is it because what you actually have is the word in your heart, ( a seed) ( the light).

The light is also spirit.

The word is also spirit.

Both the light and the word are Holy.

Which makes the seed Holy.

Such seeds can be taken away.

So are you fully saved before your baptised.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
@Everlasting-Grace said the oppisite to what you are stating...He has made it clear that he was Baptized by the Holy Spirit , and then after he got Baptized in water according to Gods Will...He did as he was commanded...If you go back and read @Everlasting-Grace post , you will see it very clearly what he wrote Amen...
The slurs and accusations continue. We can just pray their eyes are opened

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021

I repented and was born of the spirit 49 some years ago. I am looking for evidence you have repented

And he wants to argue that it's not actually God's will to get water baptized even though God says in His Word it is His will and He actually commands us to be baptized for remission of sins.

Hope that gets better for him and He starts simply accepting all of what God says in His Word
No he does not and you continue your lies. No proof of repentance from where I stand. Will you trust Jesus with your salvation?

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Walk on by you mean.

Well you've just acknowledged that when a person is baptised they have the Holy spirit already, ( finally)

So in what sense do they have the Holy Spirit, is it a seed in there heart.

Is it you have complete salvation already,

So what is the reason for being baptised with the holy spirit.

Why would there be a reason for the holy spirit to allow you to be baptised.

Why would the Holy Spirit baptise you.

Why would you be commanded to be baptised with when you already have the Holy Spirit in you.

Is it because what you actually have is the word in your heart, ( a seed) ( the light).

The light is also spirit.

The word is also spirit.

Both the light and the word are Holy.

Which makes the seed Holy.

Such seeds can be taken away.

So are you fully saved before your baptised.
continued lack of understanding or is it just ignorance
the HS baptized me into Christ.
Then God anointed Me with his spirit (the spirit took up residence in me)

Again. I recommend you walk away. And while your away study terms and what they mean

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
continued lack of understanding or is it just ignorance
the HS baptized me into Christ.
Then God anointed Me with his spirit (the spirit took up residence in me)

Again. I recommend you walk away. And while your away study terms and what they mean
Did the Holy spirit baptise you into Christ before water baptism

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023

The point is people are sayin the Holy spirit baptises them into Christ before the act of water baptism.

The logic of this, is still saying the Holy spirit is baptising you.

But such people are not willing to accept that what they have at that stage is just a part of the Holy spirit before the Holy spirit baptises them into Christ.

When you ask them, is it not just same as the Holy spirit baptizing you into Christ through water baptism.

For some reason which is beyond all logic, they don't see they have the same part of the Holy spirit in them.

Either way before there baptised into Christ what they have is a small part of the Holy spirit keeping them saved at that point.

In scripture we see being baptised into Christ with water.

jamessb

Feb 10, 2024
Santa Fe NM
I was baptized by the Holy Spirit first, then baptized in water later (as an expression of my faith). The latter accomplishes nothing without the former.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
I was baptized by the Holy Spirit first, then baptized in water later (as an expression of my faith). The latter accomplishes nothing without the former.
every where you go in scripture, 28 verses out of 30, makes clear reference to being baptised in water.

One veres says you will be baptised with the holy spirit.

Notice the words with and notice the word baptised this is in acts 1

In acts 10 they had the holy spirit and then they where told be baptised in water, with the Holy spirit.

So why do you need to express your faith, if you already have the Holy spirit in full as you put it.

CS1

May 23, 2012
every where you go in scripture, 28 verses out of 30, makes clear reference to being baptised in water.

One veres says you will be baptised with the holy spirit.

Notice the words with and notice the word baptised this is in acts 1

In acts 10 they had the holy spirit and then they where told be baptised in water, with the Holy spirit.

So why do you need to express your faith, if you already have the Holy spirit in full as you put it.
You need to stop, are saying he is not saved because he was not water baptized first?

You were shown in Acts where Cornelius House was filled with the Holy Spirit before they were water baptized. You are a legalistic Pharisees. And unbiblical. Stop causing doubt of those who are in faith with the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
You need to stop, are saying he is not saved because he was not water baptized first?

You were shown in Acts where Cornelius House was filled with the Holy Spirit before they were water baptized. You are a legalistic Pharisees. And unbiblical. Stop causing doubt of those who are in faith with the Lord Jesus Christ.
dont start with your intimidation again.

And quit twisting what ive said