what is a Christian ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Good loving and sincere post brother.

I see your timezone is 11 hours ahead of the UK timezone.
Do you mind me asking does your Sabbath day start Friday nigtfall to Saturday or is it just Saturday?

If so what do you do on Sunday?

How do you celebrate the Sabbath Day?

Every day is a day we focus on God and what he has done for us.
Every day ending in Y.
Amen! Jesus is my Sabbath rest :D

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
but does quoting Bible verses make YOU/or anyone else, any more Christian than me. the Verse's explain to me how I must conduct my life, then I attempt to live what Jesus ask's of me is that wrong?
Not at all.
But don't diss someone who quotes Bible verses and expands as to what they think it means.

Sep 17, 2021
I disagree with what you believe makes us a true Christian.
those were the only two things I spoke of,...the dog at the table, and GOD keeping us humble, on the post you replied to

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I know what you said, but obviously I didn't think I was, so singing it is
You said

WE MUST STOP SINNING.

Would you like me to go find it

yes we receive a new heart and new spirit, so if we are cynical before we found the Lord, we stop being cynical when we do...
if we are condescending or judgemental, angry or abusive, and coerce or manipulate, All this is meant to change when we walk with the Lord, ultimately you should STOP these behaviours
Ok it's not sinning but the concept of your post is the we should stop doing whatever you consider a sin.

S

SophieT

Not at all.
But don't diss someone who quotes Bible verses and expands as to what they think it means.

ah yes

the Sabbath

and all the phoney virtue signalling that entails

I mean here goes for Sunday

well, God has set apart the first day of the week so that we will be reminded of Him the rest of the week. God is holy every day but isn't it nice of us to remember Him on the first day of the week?

don't be like those Sabbath keepers who don't have time during the week and try to make up for it by observing Saturday

it is Sunday my friends and we know that and we are grateful and thankful that we are not like the Sabbath keepers who violate Sunday

see how that goes? but we don't do that but seem to have to put up with it well enough from the hebrew roots crowd

when you believe yourself to be superior to everyone who worships on Sunday, you are never going to give any credit to what is said by one of those awful law breaking people. oh for shame (swoons and falls off couch)

satire

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
those were the only two things I spoke of,...the dog at the table, and GOD keeping us humble, on the post you replied to
Cannot recall any post where you said dog at the table.
Please repost for me.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
didn't diss you merely asked the ?
Yes you did diss me for quoting Bible verses.

I didn't answer the rest of your post because they were the usually quoted verses from the Bible, and YOUR interpretation of Christianity.
I WILL NOT, ever tell anyone how they are to walk with Christ,.. he has done that himself, but I will answer most questions directed at me with the help of the Holy Spirit.
I never told you how you should walk with Christ.
I quoted Bible verses of how Christ wants us to walk with him.

And if you cannot do the same then there is a problem.

Jesus told us to make disciples.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
just scroll back up and you'll come across it.
I owe you an apology.
I got confused as I thought you posted that to someone else in a post response.

So I am sorry and that is genuine.

Sep 17, 2021
Yes you did diss me for quoting Bible verses.

I never told you how you should walk with Christ.
I quoted Bible verses of how Christ wants us to walk with him.

And if you cannot do the same then there is a problem.

Jesus told us to make disciples.
Thank for that apology, fully appreciated,...... If you read my answer to your questions, about how I keep Sabbath. am I valid in saying I'm trying to live as a Christian.
The reason I don't post Bible verses is, I expect all Christians to be aware of the Bible and it's contents, I think what's important is HOW we interpret and embrace those verses into actuality, and allow them help to transform us.

Sep 17, 2021
I can and only will deal/ reply to each post directed at me, individually, and honestly, so I usually take a fewwwwww minutes to reply.
which makes me run behind a'lot post, but pls persevere with me....I love talking GOD.

Sep 17, 2021
ah yes

the Sabbath

and all the phoney virtue signalling that entails

I mean here goes for Sunday

well, God has set apart the first day of the week so that we will be reminded of Him the rest of the week. God is holy every day but isn't it nice of us to remember Him on the first day of the week?

don't be like those Sabbath keepers who don't have time during the week and try to make up for it by observing Saturday

it is Sunday my friends and we know that and we are grateful and thankful that we are not like the Sabbath keepers who violate Sunday

see how that goes? but we don't do that but seem to have to put up with it well enough from the hebrew roots crowd

when you believe yourself to be superior to everyone who worships on Sunday, you are never going to give any credit to what is said by one of those awful law breaking people. oh for shame (swoons and falls off couch)

satire
I don't understand what your trying to say here, and who its directed at, it appears you believe someone thinks they are superior because they keep Saturday over the Sunday Sabbath....
Your post actually validates Saturday, because "we are not like Sabbath keepers who violate Sunday".
Can I point out to everyone that when the Sabbath was sanctified by GOD, there was only Adam and Eve, Hebrews were not there, so the Sabbath does not belong to the Hebrews, but was made for man.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
You will know them by their fruit. (Matt. 7:20) Obedience, obedience, obedience is the fruit of a Christian. It is only through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit that one overcomes sin.

"And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;" Heb. 5:9

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, IF ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:31-32

Matt 7:20-21
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
KJV
“This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.”
‭‭Titus‬ ‭3:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:10-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I don't understand what your trying to say here, and who its directed at, it appears you believe someone thinks they are superior because they keep Saturday over the Sunday Sabbath....
Your post actually validates Saturday, because "we are not like Sabbath keepers who violate Sunday".
Can I point out to everyone that when the Sabbath was sanctified by GOD, there was only Adam and Eve, Hebrews were not there, so the Sabbath does not belong to the Hebrews, but was made for man.
“For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

For if Joshua had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭4:4-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭14:13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Sep 17, 2021
Here are the fruits of my spending the day with the WORD
If we ask the Lord to have our backs, we must LEAN on his continually.
Roll away the stone that keeps the Lord from entering our lives, we ALL have blockages that prevent us from fully accepting & embracing Christ & HIS way of living.
Don't get comfortable with compliments, They become like a woolly blanket whose warmth we'll continue to seek.
We keep saying "I want to be like Christ" then let's BE like Christ, let's walk a mile in HIS shoes, just 1 mile at a time & because we know he cares, he WILL walk with us while we do it.
We can only study the scriptures for so long, at some point we are going to have prove that.
1) that they are TRUE.
2) that they are IN us.

The sacrifices we have or have not made, or are afraid to make.
Are nothing to the sacrifice that Christ GAVE.
THE TIME FOR TALK IS OVER.