What Is a cool name to give a child In the old and/or new testament.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Old...Noah
New...Rapture

I have both boys at my school

Thought I would choose out of OT Levi for a boy and Jemima for a girl
NT Bartholemew for a boy and Bethany for a girl

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'm partial to... Isaac. It means laughter.

It's also my name. :cool:

A little girl at church is named Tabatha, and I noticed my study bible says that means gazelle. So when she started calling me Laughter, I had a comeback ready.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
If I'd had a son, that would have been his name :D
I always wanted to name a son Simon but we're going alphabetically and, while we have a lot of kids, I don't think we'll ever reach "S".

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I always wanted to name a son Simon but we're going alphabetically and, while we have a lot of kids, I don't think we'll ever reach "S".
Will your next child's name start with the letter "I"? :unsure:

If there is to be a next one, that is ;):giggle:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yup. Maybe an Isaac in our family, someday. Which would be fitting because I am getting older. :LOL:
Isaac did come to mind... what if it's a girl? Isabel? Ingrid? Irene? Imogene? Imelda? LOL (@ Imelda ;))

My mom and one of my sisters had their last baby at the age of 44...

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Isaac did come to mind... what if it's a girl? Isabel? Ingrid? Irene? Imogene? Imelda? LOL (@ Imelda ;))

My mom and one of my sisters had their last baby at the age of 44...
My step-mom had her last at 43 or 44. I forget, exactly. My youngest brother, though, is 19 years younger than me. o_O

Hm. Girl names. I like Ivy but the husband doesn't. Isabel is too close to our dogs name (Jezebel). Irene might be okay. I'd have to check the meaning because not only are we going alphabetically, but the first and middle names have to have a good meaning AND the initials have to spell something. For example, our eldest's initials are AMY (which was the name of my mother-in-law). Next is BOY, etc.

I had a miscarriage last year so I know it's still possible we could have more...menopause hasn't caught up to me yet! But my youngest is currently 2 and I'm looking forward to not having to do diapers anymore and all that "fun stuff". So I'm feeling kind of wishy-washy about it. Basically, it's in God's hands. lol.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
My step-mom had her last at 43 or 44. I forget, exactly. My youngest brother, though, is 19 years younger than me. o_O

Hm. Girl names. I like Ivy but the husband doesn't. Isabel is too close to our dogs name (Jezebel). Irene might be okay. I'd have to check the meaning because not only are we going alphabetically, but the first and middle names have to have a good meaning AND the initials have to spell something. For example, our eldest's initials are AMY (which was the name of my mother-in-law). Next is BOY, etc.

I had a miscarriage last year so I know it's still possible we could have more...menopause hasn't caught up to me yet! But my youngest is currently 2 and I'm looking forward to not having to do diapers anymore and all that "fun stuff". So I'm feeling kind of wishy-washy about it. Basically, it's in God's hands. lol.
I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage :cry: I know how heartbreaking they can be
(I had two first trimester miscarriages plus a still birth). I like the name Ivy! And Irene
means peace :):D:) Apparently there are a number of saints named Irene (I know:
not our purview ;)). There may be a loose association to/with the moon? Not sure
about that. But the name is linked to serenity :D I like the idea of making the initials
spell something as well :D I did that with my daughter :):D:)

O

Oblio

I think Jehoshaphat is a cool name, though I wouldn't do that to a kid! The last thing a kid needs to be called is Phat!
Moses, Amos, and Levi are names of some of my American ancestors.
Thomas, Matthew, and Samuel are names of some of my great-grandfathers. I also like Joshua and Caleb.