The names of God, have you ever considered the importance of a name?
The importance of names to God is perhaps the most common theme in the bible if not at least in the top three as it is more common than anything else I have seen in scripture. If I recall God has 72 known names you can even search for yourself but I am sure you can find that there are several general names known to a lot of people a couple being and I am sure I will spell this wrong Jehova and Emmanuel Jehova has different ways of spelling depending on mostly language.
But then look at how he says to never take his name in vain, he put great importance on how you treat his name. he also says for his names sake even with his angels each name has an important meaning it's almost like a title
Then look at how he does the same thing with Adam and Eve and forever on through the bible from there look at the first ten names
The Meanings of The first Ten Names”
1. Adam.....................................Man
2. Seth………………………………Appointed
3. Enosh……………………………Mortal
4. Cainan……………………………Sorrow (but)
5. Mahalalel………………………..The Blessed God
6. Jared……………………………..Shall come down
7. Enoch……………………………Teaching
8. Methuselah……………………..His death shall bring
9. Lamech………………………….The despairing
10. Noah………………………………Comfort or Rest
Translated: The Message contained in the Ten Names
Man appointed mortal, sorrow, but the Blessed God
shall come down, teaching, His death shall bring
the despairing comfort or rest.
But above all names only one stands in the utmost regard and importance the name of Jesus. the power and authority that comes with that name alone is not within our grasp of understanding the true holiness glory and sheer honor revered to his name alone how it is lifted up above all names how the name is lifted from the praise and worship of those who worship in spirit and truth
There is the person of Jesus obviously but I want everyone to focus on the name aspect
The importance of names to God is perhaps the most common theme in the bible if not at least in the top three as it is more common than anything else I have seen in scripture. If I recall God has 72 known names you can even search for yourself but I am sure you can find that there are several general names known to a lot of people a couple being and I am sure I will spell this wrong Jehova and Emmanuel Jehova has different ways of spelling depending on mostly language.
But then look at how he says to never take his name in vain, he put great importance on how you treat his name. he also says for his names sake even with his angels each name has an important meaning it's almost like a title
Then look at how he does the same thing with Adam and Eve and forever on through the bible from there look at the first ten names
The Meanings of The first Ten Names”
1. Adam.....................................Man
2. Seth………………………………Appointed
3. Enosh……………………………Mortal
4. Cainan……………………………Sorrow (but)
5. Mahalalel………………………..The Blessed God
6. Jared……………………………..Shall come down
7. Enoch……………………………Teaching
8. Methuselah……………………..His death shall bring
9. Lamech………………………….The despairing
10. Noah………………………………Comfort or Rest
Translated: The Message contained in the Ten Names
Man appointed mortal, sorrow, but the Blessed God
shall come down, teaching, His death shall bring
the despairing comfort or rest.
But above all names only one stands in the utmost regard and importance the name of Jesus. the power and authority that comes with that name alone is not within our grasp of understanding the true holiness glory and sheer honor revered to his name alone how it is lifted up above all names how the name is lifted from the praise and worship of those who worship in spirit and truth
There is the person of Jesus obviously but I want everyone to focus on the name aspect