What is it necessary to be saved (Part 27).
22 – Being supported by Jesus:
But, what does it mean to be supported by Jesus?
See that the true support imply on having Jesus that the our unique savior. Many people think that they are nurtured by the sweat of their face (based on Gen 3.17, which is, truly, a verse of malediction).
However, our true provision comes from the Creator (Eph 3.20; Phil 4.19; James 1.16,17). Our work is to that we may have to give to him that needs.
So, if we yearn for being saved, we need to do like the widow of Mark 12.42-44: hand all the resources that Jesus confided to us in His hands so that He can use for His glory.
For now, have a good weekend going over this. Tomorrow we will carry on.
22 – Being supported by Jesus:
- “Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto thy statutes continually.” (Psalms 119:117).
- “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” (Isaiah 41:10).
But, what does it mean to be supported by Jesus?
- “I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.” (John 6.51,53-57).
See that the true support imply on having Jesus that the our unique savior. Many people think that they are nurtured by the sweat of their face (based on Gen 3.17, which is, truly, a verse of malediction).
However, our true provision comes from the Creator (Eph 3.20; Phil 4.19; James 1.16,17). Our work is to that we may have to give to him that needs.
So, if we yearn for being saved, we need to do like the widow of Mark 12.42-44: hand all the resources that Jesus confided to us in His hands so that He can use for His glory.
For now, have a good weekend going over this. Tomorrow we will carry on.