Another thing is found in 1 Thess 5: 19.
To "Quench the Spirit", Means to, "Put out His fire, To hinder His operations".
(quote)
Sorry it took so long to return to this post.
Had some computor issues, hopefully all fixed now.

I loved all your responces, so true and most I was familier with.
It is the above quote that speaks to what has been heavy on my heart lately.
Ive seen many debates here about the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and many shared good points about the abuse of the name.
Ive seen such myself and it breaks my heart when such gifts are abused.
But lately, it has been heavy on me that in our concern about how these gifts work today, or as some say, they dont exsist, if in doing this, we greive the Holy Spirit.
I know many have concerns about the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and I respect those concerns.
But because of what I have known, witnessed, and seen done in my life and others?
This heavyness, sadness, I believe is due to the hesitation to, even rejection of the power of the Holy Spirit.
Too many times I have seen and known these gifts of the Holy Spirit in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh.
I hope to walk again, willing to live and witness more to these gifts in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh.
I know some are hesitant to trust , on this subject, some even say they no longer exist.
Ill not debate or judge any who hold to this, as we all must live in Jesus and His truth as we believe in faith before God.
But, I know now as well that to accept Jesus, is to accept the Father and the Holy Spirit!
And to deny the gifts is to deny the Holy Spirit.
I only pray that these gifts will continue in my walk, as out of fear I was unwilling to act upon them lately.
And pray for forgiveness for grieving the Holy Spirit.
Thankyou all for your witness in Jesus.
In Jesus, God bless
pickles