What is love?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What is love?

• Total voters
C

charisenexcelcis

Greater love has no man than this: that he lay down his life for his friends.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Greater love has no man than this: that he lay down his life for his friends.
Amen. And Jesus' new commandment to us, to love one another just as He has loved us, i.e. laying down His life for us.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I spent all most my life trying to know what real love is. Mostly because of those things in my early years that made me feel that I was not worth being loved or could be loved.
I know that Jesus loved me. But how or what was real love?
I struggled a long time with this.
I kept asking Jesus to show me his love.
I kept being afraid that I was not worth loving.
I thought that one had to be needed or valued in order to be loved.
Then Jesus brought me to his father, Our Father in heaven.
God Our Father healed the place where I had been abandoned, then filled it with himself.
Then God Our Father showed me how to know love, so that I would be able to see how much I am loved.
I searched the scriptures again.
And saw that to define love, one must do as Jesus did, or try to.
I saw that all that Jesus, God Our Father, his Holy Spirit did. Was to give love.
To give and serve all.
I looked at how I served my children, my husband, all people.
I began to give and serve even more.
Not so that I would be loved.
But so I would know how to define love.
I considered why I gave and served others.
Because of my love for them.
I looked at how much Our Lord God had done for us, for me, for all.
I saw it was about why, how ,what .
I was able to understand the pure love of God because I served in Jesus.
I came to see how very much Jesus has loved us all and always loved us.
I saw that the real perfect love of God is not defined just through recieving, but through giving also.
The more I gave and served others, the greater I understood the love of God.
I did not have to give to recieve Gods love, he has and always will love us.
I just came to know just how great and perfect his love is through giving and serving.
Simply because this is what Our Lord God Our Father has given us since the beginning.
We are because of his love, and because of his love through Jesus we will continue to be!
How great is the love of God? It is beyond mesure, as infinite as God is, it is, he is, love!
Love is God!
God bless, pickles

O

oopsies

And saw that to define love, one must do as Jesus did, or try to.
I saw that all that Jesus, God Our Father, his Holy Spirit did. Was to give love.
To give and serve all.
I looked at how I served my children, my husband, all people.
I began to give and serve even more.
Not so that I would be loved.
But so I would know how to define love.
I considered why I gave and served others.
Interesting that you mention this. I tried it and it became easier for me to spot when love is not present.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Interesting that you mention this. I tried it and it became easier for me to spot when love is not present.
I love how Jesus knows what each of us needs to heal and understand.
Each of our needs are unique, he heals each of us in the way that each needs to be healed.
I love that he understands that for each one of us.
That is why he is Our Lord and Savour,he knows exactly what each of us needs, and is so good at it.
Smiles and God bless, pickles