What is love?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Perhaps she will.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if she does.

Anyhow, I'm normally spot on when it comes to spotting budding love, but, as I said, I could be mistaken.

I'll be really surprised if I'm wrong on this one.

Just don't blow it if I'm correct...lol.
I've grown to be quite cynical when it comes to the opposite sex. 13 years since my beloved died, I've encountered almost nothing but flakiness and turn-downs and women looking through me a opposed to at me, and those things have done their work in me. I don't think I'd be ruining anything. However... while my door is closed, it is not locked.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
I've grown to be quite cynical when it comes to the opposite sex. 13 years since my beloved died, I've encountered almost nothing but flakiness and turn-downs and women looking through me a opposed to at me, and those things have done their work in me. I don't think I'd be ruining anything. However... while my door is closed, it is not locked.
Hey, I definitely hear you in relation to the cynicism. Basically, you're preaching to the choir on that one. That said, there are still some godly women on the face of the earth, and if you're ever privileged to meet one who is interested in you, then it's a whole other ballgame.

Anyhow, I've hypothesized enough here already.

Let's see what happens...if anything.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
As others have mentioned, THIS is Love:

J

joecoten

Love is pain.

J

joecoten

Love has been, at least for me, pain.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
Love has been, at least for me, pain.
As I mentioned in my initial response here, "God is love" (I John 4:8).

Should we similarly say that "God is pain"?

I don't think so, but God does apparently experience pain as in grief as he watches the things that people do.

I think that the same principle applies with us.

Love itself isn't pain, but those that we love can cause us a lot of pain.

J

joecoten

Love is pain. In this world. Which is passing. Lord, help us suffer as You would. As You did.
"This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life." - Psalm 119:50

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I dont think you can control people

Love is not about controlling others, the only thing you can do is control yourself.

If someone wants to be close to you and not leave its because they WANT to not because they have to.
I supoose this is why marriage is a thing that is hard for people, because it binds you to one person, even when things are tough you cant leave because you made a promise for better or worse.

unless you get a divorce of course.
but then thats breaking a vow you made and you'll have to live with that for the rest of your life

and someone can leave you, but, you must let them go if thats what they really want to do, its the loving thing to free a caged bird. if they do return its a sign they love you.

I guess its the pesky thing of free will again
Imagine being God and having humans and them just being naughty and sinning all the time, how would you show them you love them when they do silly things.

J

joecoten

Love is a risk. Love is a hope. Love is a promise. Love is a dream. Love is a nightmare. Love is a disaster. Love is despair. Love is pain.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
that song is in my head thanks to this thread lol

Love is the firstfruit of the holy spirit.