what is more important to God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Z

zackabba

yes, but my point is exactly that: we will fail, and try, and fail again, we keep sinning.
each time we TRY to make it right, we (try to repent) don¨t we? or perhaps my understanding of the word is wrong
Oh no, you're right, we do keep on sinning. I just don't believe we keep om *repenting* from it over and over again...but I could have the meaning wrong too.

Just the way Jesus said it, "Repent or Perish," makes it sound like repentance is a one-time-thing. Otherwise, we would perish in our sins.

That's all I mean.

Grace and Love

duewell

Mar 5, 2011
when you honestly repent your sins, you will be led by the holy spirit, conformed into the image of Christ and crucified with him. the holy trinity is three seperate beings with a shared consiousness. salvation comes from repentance,communion,baptism,Jesus the son of God. these four points are the touchstones of salvation. if you only have a 10 year olds understanding of Jesus you can be saved. will 100 years of study accomplish as much as one day of faith?

God is love and truth, love and truth are not hidden. the kingdom of God is in front of us all everyday of our lives. many say why doesn't God reveal himself to us? he has, you do not see it because you have not revealed yourself to him. this is the basis for repentance, you repent your sins, not because you want enlightenment, not because you fear judgement, not because you have been caught in your sins, you do it because you are actually sorry for your sins. you do not repent for gain, you repent because you know in your heart you deserve punishment. if you do this, the world around you will change, you will become aware of the kingdom of God, you will be led by the spirit and be crucified with Christ. romans 8 really describes it well.

the case for telling someone the truth or being polite. be polite and tell them the truth, if they refuse to hear the truth from you, tell them they will one day hear the truth from God. other than this there isn't much you can do for them. my greatest frustrations lay within my understanding of the bible and how no one is willing to listen to the truth anymore. non believers do not care to listen and tell me i am wrong. believers listen and tell me i am wrong. none of us who are human can show another human the truth. only Jesus can do that. all we can do is talk about it in the hope that when it happens, they will understand it. in the end we will all stand before God without excuse for our sins. those who believed and repented will be spared, let us pray for mercy for those who did not believe and repent. for without Christ we would be counted among them.

Duewell
God looks for us in the garden, who in the garden is looking for God, so they may tell him, i disobeyed you, i am sorry, i deserve punishment, while the others hide in shame or defiance. this is the essence of repentance for salvation.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
which does the Bible tell us is more important to God, being truthful or being nice or polite?
After reading this thread, it appears that you want to understand what is most important.
Truth and kindness are the fruits of what is most important to God.
Love.
You shall love the lord your God with all your mind, heart , streangth and soul.
Love your neighbor as ones self.
If one does all of these things in the love we are called to and obedient to in Jesus , as asked to by Jesus.
Then the fruits of this love will be truth, kindness and all as we are called to in Jesus. :)

In Jesus, God bless.
pickles

A

AnandaHya

After reading this thread, it appears that you want to understand what is most important.
Truth and kindness are the fruits of what is most important to God.
Love.
You shall love the lord your God with all your mind, heart , streangth and soul.
Love your neighbor as ones self.
If one does all of these things in the love we are called to and obedient to in Jesus , as asked to by Jesus.
Then the fruits of this love will be truth, kindness and all as we are called to in Jesus. :)

In Jesus, God bless.
pickles
:) your post always makes me smile :)

Those are the fruits of the indwelling Spirit. However I think that you can treat someone with love and truth that may not be viewed by them as kind. For example, some of my high school students give me attitude when I don't allow them to get their way and simply state the truth to them concerning certain things, like not being able to goof off and play computer games when they are suppose to be studying and learning science or taking an online quiz.

Sometimes I find that you have to be firm and direct and not so much "kind or polite" in terms of the world to get your message across. I agree everything should be done with love, but love is not always viewed as "kind" by those you correct. Even Paul tells us that when God corrects us it is not pleasant but neccessary.

Hebrews 12:9-14 (New King James Version)

9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. 11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
:) your post always makes me smile :)

Those are the fruits of the indwelling Spirit. However I think that you can treat someone with love and truth that may not be viewed by them as kind. For example, some of my high school students give me attitude when I don't allow them to get their way and simply state the truth to them concerning certain things, like not being able to goof off and play computer games when they are suppose to be studying and learning science or taking an online quiz.

Sometimes I find that you have to be firm and direct and not so much "kind or polite" in terms of the world to get your message across. I agree everything should be done with love, but love is not always viewed as "kind" by those you correct. Even Paul tells us that when God corrects us it is not pleasant but neccessary.

Hebrews 12:9-14 (New King James Version)

9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. 11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
:) Exactly! I liken it to smileing and letting one stand in the path of an on coming car, soon to be destroyed, rather than offend them in saying loudly (" get out of the way!!!") simply because one does not want to offend.
But one also must keep in mind that sometimes we must rest the understanding given in Jesus for that person, simply because one knows in Jesus that this person is not ready to recieve, or simply, they are headed the right direction, but need to walk the distance with Jesus.
Sometimes one can get caught up in thinking one is supposed to point out all wrongs and rights, believing this is their responcibuility.
When just as in ones own walk, all is trusted to Jesus, one must also sometimes trust another's walk to Jesus as well.
It really boils down to, looking to Jesus first, to know in faith what one should do in Him.
We all fall short, thankyou Jesus that you bring in us all your truth and good works. :)

in Jesus, God bless.
pickles

May 25, 2011
i think love is the root to gods own heart