WHAT IS MOST URGENT?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 23, 2020
The issue is not "works show they are saved". Rather the issue is trying to "show one has saving faith by their works". Don't distort statements.
Never met a single believer who even hinted at this and in my travels and I’ve talked to 1000s.

No one thinks the theology you attack. Straw man argument.

Sep 14, 2019
Never met a single believer who even hinted at this and in my travels and I’ve talked to 1000s.

No one thinks the theology you attack. Straw man argument.
Then why are you scared of admitting your works cannot show you have saving faith?

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Understand the difference between imputation and works when you call me perfect.

Read Romans 7:8,9. Sin has gained life because you are yet not delivered from the law (Rom7:6).
We are talking in terms of salvation. That debt has been paid.

My post was talking in terms of relationship. Sin in a believer can even disrupt prayer. Disrupt the spiritual connection. Or even allow the devil a foothold.

Are you sinless?

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Cool, cool. You like to insult others but think others insult when they clarify?
It would be a red flag to most that you join a Christian chat yet are at odds with most Christians on the chat. Not a good strategy.

Sep 14, 2019
We are talking in terms of salvation. That debt has been paid.

My post was talking in terms of relationship. Sin in a believer can even disrupt prayer. Disrupt the spiritual connection. Or even allow the devil a foothold.

Are you sinless?
That which disrupts connection is unbelief (John 16:9).

Sep 14, 2019
It would be a red flag to most that you join a Christian chat yet are at odds with most Christians on the chat. Not a good strategy.
Self righteousness is at odds with Christ and His believers. Start preaching Christ's righteousness. You haven't seem to.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
That which disrupts connection is unbelief (John 16:9).
That is also true but not the only hindrance
One more example.

1 Peter 3:7 New International Version (NIV)
7 Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.

Sep 14, 2019
Your trust in good works to prove your saving faith and your trust in evil works to disprove your saving faith proves you don't know whether you'll have saving faith till your last breath. You can have no joy and assurance you are saved.

Sep 14, 2019
That is also true but not the only hindrance
One more example.

1 Peter 3:7 New International Version (NIV)
7 Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.
Under grace there is no hindrance to prayers whatsoever.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Your trust in good works to prove your saving faith and your trust in evil works to disprove your saving faith proves you don't know whether you'll have saving faith till your last breath. You can have no joy and assurance you are saved.
Shoot if I had to depend on my works compared the bar that scripture sets, I would be disqualified. Faith isn't a work. It is a belief. Out of faith comes good works due to the love for God and others.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Christ forgave sins even before He went to the cross.
Christ alone does not save, it is the Triune God who saves using what Christ did for us.

Here is what happened. In Eden there was no sin. God had created it but sin was contained, and eating of the tree of knowledge allowed sin loose. Adam let sin loose in Eden. God reacted immediately with Christ paying for our sins so they do not cause our death. The salvation system used this, with the animal blood as a symbol of Christ. When blood was used as a symbol of life and Christ people were put to sleep buy still alive. When Christ died these people were able to walk the streets of Jerusalem, as Matthews tells us. God the Father saves, but it is only through Christ, Christ only saves as Christ is also God.

Read it for yourself in Genesis. God made clothing as a symbol to cover Adam, covering him from sin. Cain and Abel knew it required blood as a sacrifice for salvation, but they accepted this on faith for they did not know of Christ. Abel defied this and using his own labors, and read what happened.

Because of God using symbols instead of how I worded this because I know about Christ, it is hard to understand Genesis.

Nov 16, 2019
Under grace there is no hindrance to prayers whatsoever.
7...be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray." - 1 Peter 4:7

7During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission." - Hebrews 5:7

"3When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives" - James 4:3

"6But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord." - James 1:6

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Is not Gods word amazing? A true body of Christ. I watched these 4 men talk about the 1000 Year Millennium. I've read posts here and on other Christian sites but.. never like this. I got lost so many times lol.

What they did was found common ground at the start. How 4 people can agree on somethings yet be so much different. No they all see something different. Each one knowing they are right. Yet in the end.. back to the common ground and how JESUS is it.. I really really loved that. Didn't know where to post this .. I wanted to say it some where lol.,

Whats Urgent? I like what He showed me when I was like 23 or so. I saw people through His eyes.. take it for a grain of salt its ok :) but He was crying so hard. I saw so many people. And not one knew how much He loved them. Saved lost.. I just saw people. Its so strange..well its as if.. HOW can they not know? Its even those that never hearing the gospel.. its like Him asking "how can they not know?" Its as if its so clear..how can they (the world) not see it? Like NF (rapper) said in a song "

"I look around at this world we walk on
It's a smack in the face, don't ever tell me there's no God"

Sep 14, 2019
Shoot if I had to depend on my works compared the bar that scripture sets, I would be disqualified. Faith isn't a work. It is a belief. Out of faith comes good works due to the love for God and others.
Evil works don't come?

Sep 14, 2019
Christ alone does not save, it is the Triune God who saves using what Christ did for us.

Here is what happened. In Eden there was no sin. God had created it but sin was contained, and eating of the tree of knowledge allowed sin loose. Adam let sin loose in Eden. God reacted immediately with Christ paying for our sins so they do not cause our death. The salvation system used this, with the animal blood as a symbol of Christ. When blood was used as a symbol of life and Christ people were put to sleep buy still alive. When Christ died these people were able to walk the streets of Jerusalem, as Matthews tells us. God the Father saves, but it is only through Christ, Christ only saves as Christ is also God.

Read it for yourself in Genesis. God made clothing as a symbol to cover Adam, covering him from sin. Cain and Abel knew it required blood as a sacrifice for salvation, but they accepted this on faith for they did not know of Christ. Abel defied this and using his own labors, and read what happened.

Because of God using symbols instead of how I worded this because I know about Christ, it is hard to understand Genesis.
God covered their moral shame not their physical shame by Christ's atonement.