WHAT IS MOST URGENT?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 14, 2019
7...be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray." - 1 Peter 4:7

7During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission." - Hebrews 5:7

"3When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives" - James 4:3

"6But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord." - James 1:6
Grace is based on Christ's good works not ours. So no hindrance is possible.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Evil works don't come?
Evil has always been at war with the Spiritual.

Paul once said

Romans 7:15-25 New International Version (NIV)
15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature or the flesh. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature or of the flesh is a slave to the law of sin.

The difference now is that we have a helper and sin no longer condemns but only affects us relationally.

Sep 14, 2019
Evil has always been at war with the Spiritual.

Paul once said

Romans 7:15-25 New International Version (NIV)
15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature or the flesh. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature or of the flesh is a slave to the law of sin.

The difference now is that we have a helper and sin no longer condemns but only affects us relationally.
Sin overcomes you and affects your relationship with God. That shows you are under law (Romans 6:14).

Sep 14, 2019
Are you saying Peter teaches a different Gospel then?
Readers of the Epistles trusted both in the moral law and grace. They were scared of grace. That is why Jesus didn't speak much about grace. John 16:12.

Nov 16, 2019
Grace is based on Christ's good works not ours. So no hindrance is possible.
And yet these scriptures speak of hindered prayer.
So it's obvious that grace doesn't mean what you think it means.

Grace simply means you don't deserve what you have received.
It doesn't mean you will always have what you don't deserve to have no matter what.
This profound misunderstanding of grace is at the center of the dead faith teaching sweeping through the church in these end times.

Sep 14, 2019
And yet these scriptures speak of hindered prayer.
So it's obvious that grace doesn't mean what you think it means.

Grace simply means you don't deserve what you have received.
It doesn't mean you will always have what you don't deserve to have no matter what.
This profound misunderstanding of grace is at the center of the dead faith teaching sweeping through the church in these end times.
Grace means God answers prayers for the sake of His Son's perfect sacrifice. Your end time faith is phoney as it mixes your works to prove it's indeed faith!

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Sin overcomes you and affects your relationship with God. That shows you are under law (Romans 6:14).
It shows why the law wasn't abolished but fulfilled. The law still shows us what God has ordained as sin. We see it at work in us as to why we needed a Savior. Christ didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. We are no longer condemned by it. But it is still the Words of God.

Nov 16, 2019
Your end time faith is phoney as it mixes your works to prove it's indeed faith!
"...I will show you my faith by my deeds." - James 2:18

My end time faith is the same as James' 1st century faith.
Genuine saving faith is evidenced by the works it produces.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Readers of the Epistles trusted both in the moral law and grace. They were scared of grace. That is why Jesus didn't speak much about grace. John 16:12.
Sounds more conspiracy than fact.

Sep 14, 2019
It shows why the law wasn't abolished but fulfilled. The law still shows us what God has ordained as sin. We see it at work in us as to why we needed a Savior. Christ didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. We are no longer condemned by it. But it is still the Words of God.
You must read Mathew 5:18 & Ephesians 2:15. Jesus fulfilled the law in His perfect compliance and abolished it.

You trust in the law and no wonder sin pummels you. Repent.

Sep 14, 2019
"...I will show you my faith by my deeds." - James 2:18

My end time faith is the same as James' 1st century faith.
Genuine saving faith is evidenced by the works it produces.
According to your standard you haven't ceased sinning. So your faith is phoney.
Secondly you lower you also try to lower the standard of works to somehow prove you have saving faith and that's a phoney standard.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
You must read Mathew 5:18 & Ephesians 2:15. Jesus fulfilled the law in His perfect compliance and abolished it.

You trust in the law and no wonder sin pummels you. Repent.
You do understand the difference between Mosiac law, Jesus's teachings, and the difference of salvation vs discipleship or faithfulness?

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Corinthians 6:2 King James Version (KJV)- To be save is the most urgent thing
2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

Nov 16, 2019
According to your standard you haven't ceased sinning. So your faith is phoney.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." - 1 John 1:9

Secondly you lower you also try to lower the standard of works to somehow prove you have saving faith and that's a phoney standard.
When did sinless perfection become the standard for proving your're saved?

The standard by which a person is shown to belong to Christ in salvation is that they are increasing in works of righteousness, showing themselves to no longer be enslaved by a mind set on sin. The changed/ changing life is the sign of the believer, not sinless perfection.

You condemn yourself by making sinless perfection the standard. Why would you do that? I suspect you would do that because you are not really a believer or a defeated believer and are out to bash Christians who are growing stronger in their fight against sin while you languish in your own. It doesn't have to be that way, friend.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
Thus lordship salvation preaches the heresy of works based salvation but their teachers pretend to be teachers of grace.

They distort the true gospel of grace and millions of church-goers are deceived.

So let's preach the true gospel to those church-goers who haven't heard the true gospel in order for them to be saved. THIS IS MOST URGENT.

You may post your opinions.
I believe that salvation is free, as grace is but that it is a free meal that we have to sacrifice to be able to eat, we have to take actions to eat this free meal.