What is really being said???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kerry

If a person goes before a judge for a crime they have done and if the victim forgive them and doesn't want any action done to the violator, then there isn't a case. Sin is when a person cause harm to another, but if the victim feel that no harm has been done, then there is no sin has been committed.
So a homosexualy is without sin because he did not force the other partner. They drug pusher is without sin because he sold drugs to willing users. That makes a lot of stupid sense.

R

reject-tech

Hi OP, I don't see a contradiction, what I see is one talking about forgiveness between men, and the other talking about forgiveness between God and men, based on that aforementioned forgiveness between men.

S

Sanashankar

John 20:23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

Matthew 6:15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

on face value these two verses seem to contradict one another. In my studies i have found that when scriptures appears to contradict then it means that there is a deeper meaning that i am just not seeing.

So in light of that i am asking what is this really saying? On one scripture it says that if you retain the sins of any they will be retained. the next shows the importance of forgiveness saying very plainly that if you do not forgive others the God WILL NOT forgive you? so how can it be both ways?
John 20:23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained."

Physical healing was a big part of the Apostles ministry.Could Jesus have been speaking of healing in that verse, as I was wondering about this Scripture.

Mark 2:9 Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, "Your sins are forgiven you,' or to say, "Arise, take up your bed and walk'?
v. 10 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins"--He said to the paralytic,
v. 11 "I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house."

So Jesus is saying here that healing is forgiving sin? Jesus did command them to "heal the sick."

Luke 10:8 Whatever city you enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you.
v. 9 And heal the sick there, and say to them, "The kingdom of God has come near to you.'

We know that the Apostles did heal many people during their ministry.

Acts 5:15 so that they brought the sick out into the streets and laid them on beds and couches, that at least the shadow of Peter passing by might fall on some of them.
v. 16 Also a multitude gathered from the surrounding cities to Jerusalem, bringing sick people and those who were tormented by unclean spirits, and they were all healed.

Acts 28:8 And it happened that the father of Publius lay sick of a fever and dysentery. Paul went in to him and prayed, and he laid his hands on him and healed him.
v. 9 So when this was done, the rest of those on the island who had diseases also came and were healed.

S

StandStrong

I believe that Healing should still be a big part of ministry.

S

StandStrong

Hi OP, I don't see a contradiction, what I see is one talking about forgiveness between men, and the other talking about forgiveness between God and men, based on that aforementioned forgiveness between men.
Yea i realized that the "contradiction i saw was from a lack of understanding not because the Word was actually contradicting its self. Thank you for your enlightenment

May 15, 2013
So a homosexual is without sin because he did not force the other partner. They drug pusher is without sin because he sold drugs to willing users. That makes a lot of stupid sense.
I do know that it is written that no sin is greater than the other.

Matthew 5:22
But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Matthew 5:28But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Colossians 3:5
Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.

Let's say that these sins are in your heart, would you want mercy? Lucky that you doesn't have these things in your heart, because you will be surely castaway from God's presence. Even Adam was castaway from God's presence just for a harmless little thing of not being obedient to God, but is it harmless? Look at the fruits of his labors and which we are all of the fruits of his labors. So a little harmless disobedient had cause all of this what we have today? So I guess that sin is a sin, no matter how small it look, or large, it still causes harm.