WHAT IS REPUTATION POWER?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

VioletReigns

I receive "reputation" comments and would like to understand what it means. Cuz I'm clueless about it. Thank you. :rolleyes:

Plus I see I have 1 power and other people have lots of power and I am jealous. I want lots of power, too. LOL!! :D

And yes, I am competitive. Not a sore loser, but extremely competitive. Don't even think about beating me in Scrabble of Yahtzee. :eek:

Last edited:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I receive "reputation" comments and would like to understand what it means. Cuz I'm clueless about it. Thank you. :rolleyes:

Plus I see I have 1 power and other people have lots of power and I am jealous. I want lots of power, too. LOL!! :D
For each 100 rep points you receive 1 increase in your rep power. You reward rep by clicking on the star on the bottom of each post on the left hand side. The rep that is rewarded is equal to your current rep power. Once you give rep to someone you have to spread some rep around to other posters to award that person rep again. Also, you are limited to awarding rep to a certain amount of times 24 hour period. Your rep power also increases by 1 for each 1000 posts that you write. I would give you some rep now but I will have to wait until I give it to a few other posters. This is as much as I currently understand this system. Basically, the rep power indicates consistency in how you reflect your core beliefs and your display of your attitude. Or something to that effect.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

And yes, I am competitive. Not a sore loser, but extremely competitive. Don't even think about beating me in Scrabble of Yahtzee. :eek:
This is what I've learned with MY OWN points and powers. When a new user gets to 50 posts, they get a rep power and a green bar. It varies for certain people, but I've noticed,since I keep track of the number of my rep points and the number of powers of who rep comments me, for myself anyway, for every 1000 posts I make, I earn a power and another green bar. As far as rep POINTS, for every 100 points you get, you receive a power and/or green bar. If someone with multiple powers such as tourist, for example, repped you, you would receive 11 points because he has 11 powers. Keep track of the number of rep points you have, and when someone reps you, you'll be able to see how many more points you need to make it to 100. :)

As far as being jealous, don't be. I think the number of powers/bars just shows me who may have more experience with different subjects, and who doesn't. :) It's not about having power, sweetie. It's about having the knowlege of God. :)

V

VioletReigns

[video=youtube;vVKF7gt3Cak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVKF7gt3Cak[/video]

J

jer2911

When I was a newbie like you, I didn't know about reputation power. That green thing you're seeing under our username is good to eat because it looked like cucumber for me.

I monitored more the likes given and likes received. When I see my likes received is more than my likes given, there my competitive instinct comes out. I don't desire my likes received is higher than my likes given. I felt like I'm way behind with my giving attitude.

So, my friend, beat me in giving reputation power (Not my reputation, ok). Hahaha! I gave more reputation power. But for now, I lose and you win. Why? I'm not much into CC nowadays. I'm in a big project. Just dropping by for some messages and because I've missed my dear friends.

T'care and God bless.

Wait til next year... by then, let the competition begins. :D :D :D

W

Wormwood

It was in place before the 'like' system and is sort of synonymous with it. It's more or less a visual representation of how much people like your posts.

T

Tintin

Remember, with great power comes great responsibility.

Mmmwahahahahaha!

C

ChristIsGod

I'm too old for this stuff. I still don't understand how this all works or why we'd even have such stuff in a Christian Joint. LoL.

2Cor 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves:
but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

I like the likes though as a form of encouragement on prayer threads and all but not to be used to condone mean personal statements made.

These rep things are nutz, unless you can trade them in for a new car or something.

I give 5 Rep points to jer2911 for her reply here.

Cucumbers too!

C

ChristIsGod

Aaaah, here we go again. Shut down the wifi & laptop for the day and thought of more stuff ...

I just learned Yesterday How to find out who gave me a "like".
MaMa mia. I tolla you that I was too old for this stuff.

AND, I consider everyone "Friends" and would like to post a PM that I sent to someone about how I feel about this topic ...

I'm honored to be here at CC. Thank you for extending friendship. Sometimes I worry about those that ask to be friends, because I feel that my posts could easily get on their nerves one day or too controversial and they'd be ashamed to have their name as a Friend, yet too kind to remove it.

It certainly is up to you, ________ - I'm honored - but if you ever want to remove it, don't hesitate, because I can be a tough one to agree with many times.

And that's the truth!

Bless y'all, friends!

Trailblazer

Sep 8, 2014
So if I ever decided to feed the flesh. I could maybe bribe someone into giving me a Rep? ;)
Where would I do a search? Best price for Reps. lol

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
So if I ever decided to feed the flesh. I could maybe bribe someone into giving me a Rep? ;)
Where would I do a search? Best price for Reps. lol
I can't speak for anyone else, but as for me, I am COMPLETELY above any kind of bribery...
unless the price is really good.

: )

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I can't speak for anyone else, but as for me, I am COMPLETELY above any kind of bribery...
unless the price is really good.

: )

​Unless the price is really good....meaning you ARE susceptible to bribery... hmmmm.. lol :)

Trailblazer

Sep 8, 2014
​Unless the price is really good....meaning you ARE susceptible to bribery... hmmmm.. lol :)
I could offer to agree with all of his post, and a nickle, as long as maxwell pays for the shipping on the nickle :cool:

C

ChristIsGod

"Woe onto you when all men speak well of you"

That's why I'm content with just having an ice cube and no cucumbers.

Gave ya a Rep, Maxwell, for your funny 'peacemaking' post the other nite. LOL! It twas incredible.

:D

C

ChristIsGod

I just needed to let something out that almost always brings tears.
Whenever I look at the "New here - Intro" section, I can't help but get that way.
There are Such Faithful Greeters always there. And btw - they only have 1 cucumber - most, anyhow.
If any deserve more cucumbers it's that Gang up there that are Greeting and sometimes comforting the new ones of us.
I just felt I wanted to acknowledge them for their KINDNESS and THOUGHTFULNESS and taking the time to make so many feel WELCOMED!!!

10,000 Reps and an innumerable number of cucumbers to all of you Greeters --- Amen!

They'll probably be the first ones that we meet at The Gates! :D

Dec 9, 2011
Some have less than 3000 post and a lot of icons and i be wondering how they got all those.