What is Satan up to?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2009
I did go back and read the first part of Job and ran across this:

So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD, and afflicted Job with loathsome sores from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head. Job 2:7 RSV

I believe that when we sin, we bring stress into our lives, and that stress can cause physical maladies. I don’t know if there is a connection.

S

sunshine_debbie

A lot of things happened in those 10 years besides D&D, and the time I was playing D&D were the best memories I have with my friends.

I am happy and relieived for you that things did not go wrong for you. My friends and I almost died playing a game of D&D on a Christian College Campus no less. So forgive me for my blanket statements. I would still never play it, allow my children to play it, or associate with anyone who plays it. Just a personal committment to Christ who let me live that day and showed the error of my ways.

Debbie

May 21, 2009
Theres a difference of a person being possessed by a demon or demons or a person who has opened doors to satan to come live in them.
Being mad at someone and not forgiving them like the word says to do. Can open the door of your heart, soul and mind to let satan have his claws into one.
They aren't totally taken over by satan but they have allowed him in to them.
Pride, selfishness, bitterness, on and on people are letting satan rule them.
Yes satan can put pictures and thoughts into your mind.
Satan is living in all kinds of people.
God is giving last changes for people to clean out their hearts.

C

charisenexcelcis

Theres a difference of a person being possessed by a demon or demons or a person who has opened doors to satan to come live in them.
Being mad at someone and not forgiving them like the word says to do. Can open the door of your heart, soul and mind to let satan have his claws into one.
They aren't totally taken over by satan but they have allowed him in to them.
Pride, selfishness, bitterness, on and on people are letting satan rule them.
Yes satan can put pictures and thoughts into your mind.
Satan is living in all kinds of people.
God is giving last changes for people to clean out their hearts.
An important distinction.

May 21, 2009
A hard heart is just what lets the devil in.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
What is satan up to?
Absolutly no good.
God bless, pickles

C

ClimbingUpward

Won't happen. The Bible states that these things will happen, so they are going to happen. Nothing we attempt to do will stop that occurrence. God spoke it, it'll happen.

The devil is out to kill, steal and destroy.

C

charisenexcelcis

A lot of things happened in those 10 years besides D&D, and the time I was playing D&D were the best memories I have with my friends.
I mean no offense, but that sounds very sad.

Feb 27, 2007
satan is subtle... for if we knew of the things we were being opressed by we wouldnt be oppressed in the first place right. I've had to look at this head on with a spirit of unforgiveness and anger. Didnt want to but you can only be influenced by these things so much and you have to look into the spiritual realm of whats happening in your life and stop avoiding and deal with it so you can live harmonious lives. If you keep doing the same rotten thing you need to try to get to the root of it & perhaps it lies in being influenced by something with the appearance of good but in all actuality is not of good but of evil.

C

charisenexcelcis

Why is that? Just because you've never played a pen and paper RPG? Don't knock them until you've tried them.
When I think of the last ten years and the happy memories of faith and family and life itself, I find it sad that his happiest memories are of a RPG. His own life should be full of happy things that overshadow the roles--however adventurous they seem. Life and faith are the great adventure.

S

songster

I am curious what you think Satan is trying to accomplish. This is sort of how I look at it:

Satan wants us to worship him. Towards that end, he tempts people in to prideful behavior and attempts to trick the rest of us into putting these people into leadership positions in our various governmental, church, and other organizations. When he succeeds, he causes these leaders to make us all miserable until we kiss their feet. In other words, if there is something you need from this leader, you will not get it without kissing their feet. The trick, of course, is to prevent Satan from tricking us into putting the wrong people into leadership roles.

Do I have an overactive imagination?

Not an overactive imagination, perhaps just not a clear perspective. In order for someone to believe your theory, they would have to acknowledge that every unbeliever who has ever been promoted, successful, or influential, was placed there by satan, and I do not believe that this is the case.

Each of us is influential in our own way, and that influence is not always good. If leadership roles were limited to only those who professed to be Christian, the American Economy would collapse as businesses, (some of which employ many believers), would be non-existent.

We must consider that God, in His foreknowledge, is able to allow certain individuals to become successful for the benefit of His people.

If Pharaoh in Egypt, though he worshipped an idol, had not employed Joseph, the sons of Jacob would not have come to Egypt for grain, nor would God's plan, to deliver the Israelites from Egypt, ever have occurred. God's plan does not fit into the logical framework of our minds, and so we are limited in our ability to see that He is still in control.

It would also be a mistake to assume that the only evil active in the earth, is through unbelievers.

Oct 17, 2009
When I think of the last ten years and the happy memories of faith and family and life itself, I find it sad that his happiest memories are of a RPG. His own life should be full of happy things that overshadow the roles--however adventurous they seem. Life and faith are the great adventure.

The quality of your life and faith depends on who you share it with, and it sounds to me like he's sharing it with good people. I fail to see how that's any different than if his happiest memories were of some other activity.

C

charisenexcelcis

The quality of your life and faith depends on who you share it with, and it sounds to me like he's sharing it with good people. I fail to see how that's any different than if his happiest memories were of some other activity.
I hope you are right, but I fear it isn't so....

G

greatkraw

The lesson from Job is that the enemy, Satan, only has the latitude that God allows.

Basically Satan needs permission to interfere in our lives.

In Job, God gave limited permission.

More usually, it is people that give ground to the devil in their(our) lives.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
This is what satan is up to: "...your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" 1 Peter 5:8

Status
Not open for further replies.