What is the biggest age gap you would consider when dating someone?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 10, 2019
3 minute gap that is all, hehe jk.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
I’m curious if the ladies are flip flopped.
Don’t women generally want a slightly older guy or of equal age, for maturity’s sake? Not saying some women aren’t attracted to younger men but they want someone dedicated and consistent. The appeal of youth might make them feel younger and rekindle their... self esteem, but if a man her age or slightly older were to admire her, cherish her, her self esteem would be just fine.

I may be wrong (as in not applicable to all scenarios), but a man seeking a younger woman is just straight flesh, wanting that young thang haha. Where as I would see a woman seeking a young man as more of an introspective decision, wanting to feel good about herself. Your thoughts?

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Don’t women generally want a slightly older guy or of equal age, for maturity’s sake? Not saying some women aren’t attracted to younger men but they want someone dedicated and consistent. The appeal of youth might make them feel younger and rekindle their... self esteem, but if a man her age or slightly older were to admire her, cherish her, her self esteem would be just fine.

I may be wrong (as in not applicable to all scenarios), but a man seeking a younger woman is just straight flesh, wanting that young thang haha. Where as I would see a woman seeking a young man as more of an introspective decision, wanting to feel good about herself. Your thoughts?
I suppose the introspective perspective could also be applicable to some men, who chase younger women. They feel they still “have it.” Which really is just a foolish decision and leads to an empty life.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40

There could be a lot of reasons why young men will prefer older women. First is for money, obviously. Second is they are drawn to a mother figure. Third, cougars have some kind of animalistic appeal that they can't see in younger women. Fourth is genuine love which is very rare of course.

M

morefaithrequired

Lucky! I went to a church dinner with my best friend and one of the ladies asked her "Oh is this your mother? ". My friend is 51 years old! I am not vain but I don't think I look like I could have a 51 year old daughter. Sniffle.
if that is you now in the avatar, I thought you were in your 30's.

M

morefaithrequired

Second is they are drawn to a mother figure.
I think I have a mother complex for sure. But my mother was not a strong emotional support . yet she tried. My wife is a very good listener and gives good advice. shes like my counsellor really. And I am hers too.

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
I’ve heard of this. I don’t think an age gap is generally a big deal with maybe the exception of kids. If one wants to have kids and the other is past that phase, maybe that’s a deal breaker?
I had been married before, with two children....my wife wanted to have one, and I agreed. So at the age of 47 I had my third child and he is 6 now....named after the patron saint of old soldiers.

M

morefaithrequired

I had been married before, with two children....my wife wanted to have one, and I agreed. So at the age of 47 I had my third child and he is 6 now....named after the patron saint of old soldiers.
that puts pressure on you to be a breadwinner for a long time, doesn't it

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
that puts pressure on you to be a breadwinner for a long time, doesn't it
Life throws curves all the time, but nothing I can't handle with God's help. The plan was for both of us to be working, but about a year after our son's birth my wife got sick.....

M

MegMarch

I’ve only ever dated a bit younger and guys my age.

I am usually suspicious of guys who hit on me who are anywhere from 18-early 20’s. I’ve never taken one up on their offer to find out. 😂

For some reason, I am less suspicious of older guys. Is that naive?

L

Locoponydirtman

I think I have a mother complex for sure. But my mother was not a strong emotional support . yet she tried. My wife is a very good listener and gives good advice. shes like my counsellor really. And I am hers too.
Yeah, you had better listen to her or she might become your cancellor.

M

MegMarch

Life throws curves all the time, but nothing I can't handle with God's help. The plan was for both of us to be working, but about a year after our son's birth my wife got sick.....
I’m so sorry to hear that. How is she doing currently if you wish to share?

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
I’ve only ever dated a bit younger and guys my age.

I am usually suspicious of guys who hit on me who are anywhere from 18-early 20’s. I’ve never taken one up on their offer to find out. 😂

For some reason, I am less suspicious of older guys. Is that naive?
A bit, haha. Can’t you tell if a man loves you? You’ll see it in his eyes, the way he looks at you. It will be pure. He will be looking at you endearingly. You may even wonder, “Why is he looking at me?”

I don’t know how much you are into dating, if that’s a thing haha, but have you asked the Lord to provide you a man that you can love and will love you?