What is the difference between calling a woman "Hot" and calling a woman "Beautiful"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Gracie_14

I don’t like being called cute or pretty. You can use those words on puppies or kittens but not me😊

Calling me hot isn’t flattering either, I feel like it’s a word to describe a man looking at a woman out of lust, and vice verca. I do understand that a husband may call his wife that, which is fine, but personally I wouldn’t like to be called such - but I would admit, that I have said: “that pizza is hot!” Lol.

I’d prefer to be judged by my character/intelligence and personality first before appearance, and if it were by appearance, then using words like beautiful, fairfully, lovely, righteous or faithful would be nice 😊. And if I had a husband, then I’d like to call him honey, darling, or my love in return.

I just want to also say to everyone in here that you are beautiful/handsome, and created in Gods perfect image - don’t forget that you are His masterpiece ❤️ View attachment 194047
What a beautiful message, Mel ;):giggle:

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I don’t like being called cute or pretty. You can use those words on puppies or kittens but not me😊

Calling me hot isn’t flattering either, I feel like it’s a word to describe a man looking at a woman out of lust, and vice verca. I do understand that a husband may call his wife that, which is fine, but personally I wouldn’t like to be called such - but I would admit, that I have said: “that pizza is hot!” Lol.

I’d prefer to be judged by my character/intelligence and personality first before appearance, and if it were by appearance, then using words like beautiful, fairfully, lovely, righteous or faithful would be nice 😊. And if I had a husband, then I’d like to call him honey, darling, or my love in return.

I just want to also say to everyone in here that you are beautiful/handsome, and created in Gods perfect image - don’t forget that you are His masterpiece ❤️ View attachment 194047
I've heard some women say they don't like being called cute fir the same reason. I've never heard of a woman complain about being called pretty.
Personally I think a woman can be both beautiful and cute and, to me, the ability to be both is a ideal. I'd say telling a woman she's both is one of the best compliments I can offer, in terms of appearance. Sometimes, for fun, I call them "cute-iful".

As far as being judged by methods other than looks that can work online (if you have no pic up), but offline it's impossible as your appearance is the first interaction a person has with you.

I stopped worrying about people judging me by my appearance because if they are That adversely affected by it I don't want them in my life anyways.
If a person won't find you attractive they are not likely to change that or be greatly affected by it to change their mind, regardless of who you are inside.
Finding one that is attracted to both the inside and out is what the aim is.
A few will say looks don't matter but most I've seen say that end up with attractive people or only attracted to attractive people.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If a person won't find you attractive they are not likely to change that or be greatly affected by it to change their mind, regardless of who you are inside.
Finding one that is attracted to both the inside and out is what the aim is.
A few will say looks don't matter but most I've seen say that end up with attractive people or only attracted to attractive people.
Gotta disagree with this one. I have known a lot of people who were physically ugl... er, physically unattractive, but when they started talking I realized they were beautiful.

H

Hamarr

Hot definitely has more sexual connotations. I don’t think that’s bad, like in the context of a marriage. I’m not sure if it is just the physical qualities that I think of as “hot” though. A lot of times I see a woman display some quality I find appealing like being nurturing to others and I think “that’s hot”.

I have used the word “cute” to describe someone before, but never hot. “Dude, she’s hawt!” is very locker room-esque. Beautiful doesn’t sound like something I would say. Maybe I haven’t gotten to know the right person to describe that way. Or maybe it’s not as easy to hide behind as cute.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
To quote one of the greatest minds of our times...
" For the record, I like being called hot. "
......... Wrong thread?..........
hahaha

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
As far as being judged by methods other than looks that can work online (if you have no pic up), but offline it's impossible as your appearance is the first interaction a person has with you.
I have seen Mel's pic and I have known and posted with her a long time. I can assure you, she is beautiful inside and out. :D:cool::D

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
I have seen Mel's pic and I have known and posted with her a long time. I can assure you, she is beautiful inside and out. :D:cool::D
I don’t think Sub was directing that comment to me because he’s seen me as well (I think most peeps on here have) but thanks brother D 💜💜💜💜 very sweet of you 😊

S

Susanna

I prefer being called hot. I’m pretty shallow.

W

Wild

Both seem pretty cool

Nov 26, 2012
My question to those who are offended at being called hot, or sexy, or getting attention because of their face and body features; Are you less offended, even excited when the giver of the “compliment” is attractive? Is there a point when you are dating that it is ok for the guy to admit your body is distracting? Do you conceal your curves and avoid makeup to keep guys focused on your mind and wholesomeness? I’m really curious about this because it is human nature for women to want to be desirable, physically. It’s a trillion dollar industry.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
My question to those who are offended at being called hot, or sexy, or getting attention because of their face and body features; Are you less offended, even excited when the giver of the “compliment” is attractive? Is there a point when you are dating that it is ok for the guy to admit your body is distracting? Do you conceal your curves and avoid makeup to keep guys focused on your mind and wholesomeness? I’m really curious about this because it is human nature for women to want to be desirable, physically. It’s a trillion dollar industry.
My answer was not based on a boyfriend giving a girlfriend compliments, it's as as single lady a man coming up saying "hey you're hot". I'd take a guy way more serious if he had said "hey you're beautiful."

I do agree that every lady wants to look nice.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Hungry: that trillion dollar industry is built on lies, misconceptions and all kinds of efforts to make women feel they are not pretty enough. I wouldn't use that as a benchmark for evaluating anything.

Nov 26, 2012
Hungry: that trillion dollar industry is built on lies, misconceptions and all kinds of efforts to make women feel they are not pretty enough. I wouldn't use that as a benchmark for evaluating anything.
It evaluates that most women want to be noticed and desired. “Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
My answer was not based on a boyfriend giving a girlfriend compliments, it's as as single lady a man coming up saying "hey you're hot". I'd take a guy way more serious if he had said "hey you're beautiful."

I do agree that every lady wants to look nice.
I have to agree with Pipp @Hungry I wouldn’t like for a random dude to say that to me - perhaps only my husband but not just any man.

Also, I did say that I don’t like being called cute and pretty - to be honest, I just can’t bring myself to accept it, who knows, maybe it would change if I actually was in a relationship? Also, I think it’s an age thing, perhaps when I was in my teens to early 20s I would have thought that being called “cute and pretty” were nice to hear, but now, I’m just like “okay call me beautiful” lol.

Every women is different though, and I have absolutely no problem with women who like to be called hot, sexy, rawww, etc.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
I have to agree with Pipp @Hungry I wouldn’t like for a random dude to say that to me - perhaps only my husband but not just any man.

Also, I did say that I don’t like being called cute and pretty - to be honest, I just can’t bring myself to accept it, who knows, maybe it would change if I actually was in a relationship? Also, I think it’s an age thing, perhaps when I was in my teens to early 20s I would have thought that being called “cute and pretty” were nice to hear, but now, I’m just like “okay call me beautiful” lol.

Every women is different though, and I have absolutely no problem with women who like to be called hot, sexy, rawww, etc.
I haven’t heard rawr in a long time. 🤔 I wonder if I should use that for my future sweetheart? 🤔 😂

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
It evaluates that most women want to be noticed and desired. “Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
Loved and appreciated for sure 👍

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
I haven’t heard rawr in a long time. 🤔 I wonder if I should use that for my future sweetheart? 🤔 😂
Well I was trying to go with the theme of words 😂 Feel free to add 😂😂