What is the evidence that you ae a genuine christian?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Theodore

Can someone acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, and at the same time lives a live conforming to the world? Recently I talked with a friend of mine who said she acknowledged Jesus Christ as Lord of her life years back and so she is saved.
she said she had no doubts that she will go to heaven. But she was someone caught up in things of the world and so I pointed out Mathew 7: 21 which says, "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven, she just asked me back who knows what the will of God is?
I was baffled. Isnt necessary to examine our life in the light of the scriptures?. Didnt Jesus tell us to abide in Him? Can a person who says that he /she had an encounter with God and accepted Jesus as saviour continue in a life conforming to the world? Isnt that a big big lie?
We are always moving closer to God, some faster than others. However, there is no point in our life where we can get completely comfortable with all our fleshly actions. Every day I ask for forgiveness and everyday I always have to re-check my actions, thoughts and reactions towards others. It's almost a never ending story! It is when we get to comfortable with our mindset to appoint we do not feel it is necessary to do checks on ourselves regularly, that is when we get to the deep end. Some may say they can swim better than others so they do not need as much direction or help, however the pressure gets worse the deeper you go and eventually you will need just as much help as the others from God.