What is the fruit?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dai3234

Senior Member
Sep 6, 2016
524
4
0
Hello, someone mentioned the fruit of us, in another thread. And I thought, what is the fruit. Is my fruit production, faith in me for god, alone. Do we follow a feeling of conscience to grow faith, or do we not wait and just do anything we have a good idea about for others. Should we wait or not wait, is it god or me? Is it god or a dillusions. Or are fruits other things?
Thanks.
 
Hello, someone mentioned the fruit of us, in another thread. And I thought, what is the fruit. Is my fruit production, faith in me for god, alone. Do we follow a feeling of conscience to grow faith, or do we not wait and just do anything we have a good idea about for others. Should we wait or not wait, is it god or me? Is it god or a dillusions. Or are fruits other things?
Thanks.

Greetings Dai3234,

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." - John 15:1-8

The Fruit of the Spirit:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Once a person has received Christ the Spirit of God takes up residency within them. As the believer continues in faith, sanctification, which is the process of being made holy, continues to take place throughout the believers life producing the fruit of the Spirit, which are the characteristics of God, His nature. As we go from faith to faith we are being transformed into the image of Christ. - 2 Cor.3:18
 
Hello, someone mentioned the fruit of us, in another thread. And I thought, what is the fruit. Is my fruit production, faith in me for god, alone. Do we follow a feeling of conscience to grow faith, or do we not wait and just do anything we have a good idea about for others. Should we wait or not wait, is it god or me? Is it god or a dillusions. Or are fruits other things?
Thanks.
Fruit is the things you do. If you are helpful to your church, that is your fruit.

[15] "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
[16] You will know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles?
[17] So, every sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears evil fruit.
[18] A sound tree cannot bear evil fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
[19] Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
[20] Thus you will know them by their fruits.” Matt 7:15-20 RSV
 
Galations 5:14-25
King James Version(KJV)

14.) For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

15.) But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

16.) This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17.) For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18.) But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19.) Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20.) Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21.) Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22.) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23.) Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24.) And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25.) If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
+++

Ephesians 2:8-10
King James Version(KJV)

8.) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

9.) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10.) For we are his workmanship, created IN Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
+++

Mathew 10:19-20
King James Version(KJV)

19.) But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

20.) For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
 
[h=1]2 Corinthians 7:8-16King James Version (KJV)[/h][FONT=&quot]8 For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12 Wherefore, though I wrote unto you, I did it not for his cause that had done the wrong, nor for his cause that suffered wrong, but that our care for you in the sight of God might appear unto you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13 Therefore we were comforted in your comfort: yea, and exceedingly the more joyed we for the joy of Titus, because his spirit was refreshed by you all.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14 For if I have boasted any thing to him of you, I am not ashamed; but as we spake all things to you in truth, even so our boasting, which I made before Titus, is found a truth.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15 And his inward affection is more abundant toward you, whilst he remembereth the obedience of you all, how with fear and trembling ye received him.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]16 I rejoice therefore that I have confidence in you in all things.

fruit of repentance 11[/FONT]
 
first of all, when one is referring to their Holy Saviour, a 'capital' is ALWAYS REQUIRED...

all God bearing Fruit is from above and is a Gift to those who Love and Obey and Serve
their Heavenly Father...101...
 
first of all, when one is referring to their Holy Saviour, a 'capital' is ALWAYS REQUIRED...

all God bearing Fruit is from above and is a Gift to those who Love and Obey and Serve
their Heavenly Father...101...

So it is fruitful, fruit producing, to mirror Christ. Fruitful works though, are they what you do when you are fruitful. Because Christ has put you to fruitful works. I only say this because I as a sinner feel I am not doing enough to be like Christ. Do I just try to understand the Bible and Christ eventually being led into doing good works. And how do I get past the lingering feeling of guilt, not being good enough. In order to become more like Christ. Or will the feeling stay until resurrection?
 
So it is fruitful, fruit producing, to mirror Christ. Fruitful works though, are they what you do when you are fruitful. Because Christ has put you to fruitful works. I only say this because I as a sinner feel I am not doing enough to be like Christ. Do I just try to understand the Bible and Christ eventually being led into doing good works. And how do I get past the lingering feeling of guilt, not being good enough. In order to become more like Christ. Or will the feeling stay until resurrection?

Hell Dai3234,

It is important to understand that the fruit of Spirit is taking on the qualities of Christ, which is a life-long process and is a process that is performed by the Holy Spirit as you continue going from faith to faith.

It is also important to understand that Good works is not something that you perform in order to obtain salvation, but for the glorify God. And by doing so scripture states that we are also building up our treasures in heaven. But as far as salvation goes, you are saved by believing in Christ as the One who paid the penalty for your sins.

And how do I get past the lingering feeling of guilt, not being good enough

No believer is good enough and should not be trusting in their own worthiness. Christ lived a perfect, sinless life, meeting the righteous requirements of the law perfectly and paying the penalty for our sins by the shedding of His blood. When we have faith in Him, Christ's righteousness is imputed to the believer. By faith we are credited with righteousness, just as father Abraham was when He believed God and those having the same faith are his spiritual offspring.

As far as your salvation, rest in Christ, being sure of what He did for you. And as you continue in faith, you will produce fruit, being transformed into the image of Christ.
 
Hell Dai3234,

It is important to understand that the fruit of Spirit is taking on the qualities of Christ, which is a life-long process and is a process that is performed by the Holy Spirit as you continue going from faith to faith.

It is also important to understand that Good works is not something that you perform in order to obtain salvation, but for the glorify God. And by doing so scripture states that we are also building up our treasures in heaven. But as far as salvation goes, you are saved by believing in Christ as the One who paid the penalty for your sins.



No believer is good enough and should not be trusting in their own worthiness. Christ lived a perfect, sinless life, meeting the righteous requirements of the law perfectly and paying the penalty for our sins by the shedding of His blood. When we have faith in Him, Christ's righteousness is imputed to the believer. By faith we are credited with righteousness, just as father Abraham was when He believed God and those having the same faith are his spiritual offspring.

As far as your salvation, rest in Christ, being sure of what He did for you. And as you continue in faith, you will produce fruit, being transformed into the image of Christ.

The more I get closer to God, the more I feel a battle inside, to give nearly absolutely everything up. Martial arts, console games, movies, most radio and TV. Am I not able to enjoy anything except god, food, sleepif any, peace if any etc. It feels like I have to give all away?
 
The more I get closer to God, the more I feel a battle inside, to give nearly absolutely everything up. Martial arts, console games, movies, most radio and TV. Am I not able to enjoy anything except god, food, sleepif any, peace if any etc. It feels like I have to give all away?

That could be a religious spirit that is attacking your mind. None of those things make you unholy and "away from God" or if you don't do them make you more holy or dedicated to God more. The Lord will lead you by His Spirit within you and it will bring peace and life to you.

Rest in the fact that God has said that He will give you the desires of your heart. As you trust Him - His desires for you will be your desires.

For it is God who is at work in you both to will and to do. Phil. 2:13 He gives you both the desire and the capability to do what He has for you. No one can tell you what to do in these types of things.

 
If I feel like films, TV,radio, gaming, martial arts has a mentally influencing affect, what should anyone do other than remove any negative influences. isn't playing war games, watching marvel battling movies, and doing martial arts, encouraging the bad in the world to continue. Are we just resisting giving ourselves fully to Christ. My mind clings to things, as do most of ours. Shouldn't we get rid of them. Isn't it said, something like: you heard your conscience but ignored it, I do not know you (not forgiven etc) ?
 
So it is fruitful, fruit producing, to mirror Christ. Fruitful works though, are they what you do when you are fruitful. Because Christ has put you to fruitful works. I only say this because I as a sinner feel I am not doing enough to be like Christ. Do I just try to understand the Bible and Christ eventually being led into doing good works. And how do I get past the lingering feeling of guilt, not being good enough. In order to become more like Christ. Or will the feeling stay until resurrection?

One can plant the seed of God’s words, another water it with the water of the word but God causes the growth in all situations .This is whether our faith that comes from hearing His voice is little or larger. He must increase as we decrease . No one is good enough to deserve His mercy according to His work of faith which supplies the grace he freely gives to His children that walk by His faith.

As far as lingering guilt .It can be the father of lies who accuses the children of God day and night .We can always repent and return to the first works that he worked in us the first time We then recognized His love working in us called the hearing of faith, that caused us to believe Him to begin with according to Galatians 3.

I think it was one of the difficulties with a sect recognized as the Ephesian church that had been trusting in their own self by putting their faith in respect to who they followed outwardly called Nikos or Nikolaos .They had forgotten about their first love, the hearing of faith as God gave them ears to hear what is said to the churches. When we fall from grace and it is the same grace that turns us toward Him so that we then after we are turned we can repent.

Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. Rev 2:4

The milk of the word teaches us He is full of grace and mercy .In that way we never outgrow our need for milk, our first love.

In doing the will of Him more perfectly as the meat we can run into all kinds of trouble but can always come home to the milk of the word that again teaches us he is gracious and that He cannot deny Himself as doing all the work required for us to believe Him even if we deny him in unbelief (no faith)
 
If I feel like films, TV,radio, gaming, martial arts has a mentally influencing affect, what should anyone do other than remove any negative influences. isn't playing war games, watching marvel battling movies, and doing martial arts, encouraging the bad in the world to continue. Are we just resisting giving ourselves fully to Christ. My mind clings to things, as do most of ours. Shouldn't we get rid of them. Isn't it said, something like: you heard your conscience but ignored it, I do not know you (not forgiven etc) ?

I only say these things because if we feel something is negative, potentially wrong, we are condoning sins. Christ didn't sacrifice himself for us to continue sinning and not worry, just repent and believe your forgiven, you'll be OK. It's not OK to keep committing adultery and / or lesser sins, is it? So shouldn't we stop all negatives if the conscience says so? I don't know?
 
I only say these things because if we feel something is negative, potentially wrong, we are condoning sins. Christ didn't sacrifice himself for us to continue sinning and not worry, just repent and believe your forgiven, you'll be OK. It's not OK to keep committing adultery and / or lesser sins, is it? So shouldn't we stop all negatives if the conscience says so? I don't know?

Yes, we would all be better off if we never sinned. Now that that has been said, does knowing that stop you from sinning?
 
Dai - it is really simple. You don't even need to focus on the fruits so much. What is important is that you abide in Christ, which means study the Word of God, accept all that Christ has done for you (including giving you His own righteousness, and his blood washing away all of your sins). Then, talk to him throughout the day about everything. Ask him for guidance on everything. Worship Him with thanksgiving often. Do what you know pleases him.

Jesus said "If you abide in me, you shall bear much fruit." It will be an automatic thing. The fruit is never the focus - it is Christ, Himself.
 
To be clear, I'm not talking about not sinning because of the law. I'm talking about not sinning because maybe the trinity are letting feel things,informing me to change, because the will of Christ is working in changing me. Battling in my mind to not want to give something up, but feel I should, confuses me about the words from God, roughly:
You heard your conscience and ignored it, I never knew you (days of judgement, not saved). We are not permitted to just do anything, are we. Even if we believe in being forgiven? You see my confusion. I like martial arts, but feel it's too important somehow. Even though I know Christ is more important.
 
Dai - it is really simple. You don't even need to focus on the fruits so much. What is important is that you abide in Christ, which means study the Word of God, accept all that Christ has done for you (including giving you His own righteousness, and his blood washing away all of your sins). Then, talk to him throughout the day about everything. Ask him for guidance on everything. Worship Him with thanksgiving often. Do what you know pleases him.

Jesus said "If you abide in me, you shall bear much fruit." It will be an automatic thing. The fruit is never the focus - it is Christ, Himself.

Matthew 6:27 [FONT=&quot]Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?[/FONT]
 
To be clear, I'm not talking about not sinning because of the law. I'm talking about not sinning because maybe the trinity are letting feel things,informing me to change, because the will of Christ is working in changing me. Battling in my mind to not want to give something up, but feel I should, confuses me about the words from God, roughly:
You heard your conscience and ignored it, I never knew you (days of judgement, not saved). We are not permitted to just do anything, are we. Even if we believe in being forgiven? You see my confusion. I like martial arts, but feel it's too important somehow. Even though I know Christ is more important.

Actually, yes, everything is “permitted"…..“Everything is permissible,”but not everything is helpful. “Everything is permissible,” but not everything builds up.” 1 Cor. 10:23

In Christ we have liberty, we are free. Now what will we do with our freedom??

The value of anything we are contemplating in life can be determined by the answers to those questions posed in 1 Cor. 10:23. Yes we are free. Yes everything is permissible…..but is it helpful? Does it build up? Other translations ask, is it profitable? Does it edify?? The answer to those questions would seem to be the answer to your confusion. Prayer is a good place to start seeking those answers.
 
Actually, yes, everything is “permitted"…..“Everything is permissible,”but not everything is helpful. “Everything is permissible,” but not everything builds up.” 1 Cor. 10:23

In Christ we have liberty, we are free. Now what will we do with our freedom??

The value of anything we are contemplating in life can be determined by the answers to those questions posed in 1 Cor. 10:23. Yes we are free. Yes everything is permissible…..but is it helpful? Does it build up? Other translations ask, is it profitable? Does it edify?? The answer to those questions would seem to be the answer to your confusion. Prayer is a good place to start seeking those answers.

I understand your point,smoking cigarettes does not build me up either and I have a weirdly opposite yet same feeling. I know it's bad for me, but I feel weak at giving it up. But martial arts, I like, but feel it was negative. Praying is good. Yes things do not build me up and are permissable, but we are judged at the end. Do I not have strong faith if I smoke, and on, and on etc. Though I am ignoring these thoughts as it does not build me up, but drag me down, to think this way, maybe.
 
self-abuse will always drag us down, no matter the genre - when we are convicted of doing something
wrong and it affects our daily lives, and especially the lives of others, then of course we know that our
Saviour wants/demands so much better from/for us...

acting upon conviction is a whole other matter, it will show us our mettle and where we stand in our
wanting to please and obey our Lord...it's a personal scale that only we can read and do something
about with His help...

I can't say that 'martial-arts' is a bad thing, especially if one can use such to help bring others to Christ..
but, if it is a 'vain' endeavor, simply done for self-gratification, then it would be useless, especially if you
believe that you belong to Jesus and that everything that you do is to help and show others where His saving
Grace can lead to, and this should be obvious in everything we do and say because our lives are all about
Loving and Serving Him...

ACTS 24:16.
And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.

JAMES 4:17.
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

the Scriptures plainly speak in many verses about your dilemma...

it always goes back to the basics of Loving God with all of our hearts, souls, and minds...