What is the goal?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Senior Member
Apr 20, 2009
14,479
182
63
We speak of so many things here in bible study.
Understanding what scriptures mean and the message it brings.
The history, how this speaks to another scripture, and how it should be interpited.
Sometimes getting very heated in debate, sometimes posts barely spoken to at all.
Often posts telling one another that ones belief is wrong, or another's is right.
Some liked, and some not so liked. :)
Some speaking to how we sin and fail.
And some postings speaking to encourage.
Even sometimes bringing confusion, simply because so many postings will contradict another.
Now, this post is not about saying any of this is wrong, :) because we are called to knowladge and understanding in Jesus, of Our Lord God Our Father.

This post is more about defining the goal we are called to. :)
For scripture says,
( I have fought the hard battle, I have run the race, I have kept the faith!)
( For there are but three things that last, faith, hope and love, the greatest of these being love.)
( Jesus said, I am the way, the truth and the life.)
( for when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away.)

Just thought it might be nice to define what the goal is again, so we do not lose sight.
Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh!
For even though we come here to learn, study and debate. :)
For all this we do, is to seek the goal.
The only way to enter into eternity, is faith in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh and the love we are commanded to, by Him, for God Our Father.

For we can sometimes lose sight, in the everything of all we seek to learn and share.
In the everyday tasks of ones life.

:) So please speak and share, what the goal is spoken to and we are to run to. :)


For me, the goal is Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh, His love and all we are called to in Him.

God bless
pickles
 
Pickles my goal is DEATH! I work to DIE and LOOSE my life FOR HIS NAME.... If I am dead, God can let Jesus come in my flesh to give NEW LIFE!
I work NOT to keep my life, but to loose it for HIS SAKE! So that HE can have this flesh to live in!

Jesus is the GOAL!
 
My goal is to grow up to be like you, sweet pickles. ♥

Of course, the goal is Jesus, and His righteousness.
But do you think we each of us have little mini-goals along the way?
Because God is so faithful, and so patient, and He causes us to grow at differing rates, and with different end results for the time,
a little at a time being made perfect, (complete)ly like the Lord Jesus.

I don't typically know what the mini-goal is till I've reached it. :rolleyes:
For example, God in His wisdom and love wanted me to rest and trust in the Savior.
But since I can be a recalcitrant child, He put me through some trying times
so I would have to cry out to Him and seek Him diligently, just to survive, it seemed.

And since He IS a faithful God, I have learned to rest in Him. ♥
And I have to say.....it's beyond wonderful. :)
To read His Word and see Him there.
To pray and know he hears, and responds in love.
My children look at me and wonder where the woman who raised them went. ;)
Where is that chronic worrier?

She died....♥
That ugly, fleshy part is gone! (for good, I say with real hope in God)
I love to celebrate each step God takes me on in this wondrous journey with Him. :)
Because the goals are His, and I'm thankful for it.
(not sure I would always choose wisely) ;)

I think now I'm learning to really love...everyone.
To see a tiny bit of the heart (of Jesus) of each believer,
and the desperate need of the one who doesn't believe.
I grew up in a critical household (not that my folks were at fault any more than the parents who came before them,
and before them, and before them!).
Despising those who think differently.
Now I know there's ONE Truth, personified in Christ.
And that Truth also happens to be Love. :)
So, I guess that's my current mini-goal, but this time I seek it with my whole heart.

Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh, indeed! :)
love to all-
ellie
 
The goal is to be transformed into the part of the Body of Christ that we are made to be, so Jesus can bless the earth through us, and us in the process. That's just details on what you say, Pickles: it is Jesus Christ come in each of our flesh, and thus to all the world in all our flesh combined.
 
To understand for a certainty the heritage of the inner person.

To understand for a certainty why HE is so extremely upset and so very very angry.

To understand why were ALL so important to HIM, both the good & the bad.

To understand the legal & binding Covenant made in Love, through the families of Abraham, Issiac & Jacob/Israel

To talk to HIM through the way that Christ established.

And probabley most importantly at this time, to beseige Jerusalum with prayer, to build up that spiritual wall of crying out in trust in Him, Yahaveh/Love.

As Our Father's Sanctuary has never moved, it began in Jerusalum and it will end in Jerusalum.

Praise be to YAHAVEH

Judah be to Yeshua Messiah/ Jesus The Christ :)
 
My goal is to grow up to be like you, sweet pickles. ♥

Of course, the goal is Jesus, and His righteousness.
But do you think we each of us have little mini-goals along the way?
Because God is so faithful, and so patient, and He causes us to grow at differing rates, and with different end results for the time,
a little at a time being made perfect, (complete)ly like the Lord Jesus.

I don't typically know what the mini-goal is till I've reached it. :rolleyes:
For example, God in His wisdom and love wanted me to rest and trust in the Savior.
But since I can be a recalcitrant child, He put me through some trying times
so I would have to cry out to Him and seek Him diligently, just to survive, it seemed.

And since He IS a faithful God, I have learned to rest in Him. ♥
And I have to say.....it's beyond wonderful. :)
To read His Word and see Him there.
To pray and know he hears, and responds in love.
My children look at me and wonder where the woman who raised them went. ;)
Where is that chronic worrier?

She died....♥
That ugly, fleshy part is gone! (for good, I say with real hope in God)
I love to celebrate each step God takes me on in this wondrous journey with Him. :)
Because the goals are His, and I'm thankful for it.
(not sure I would always choose wisely) ;)

I think now I'm learning to really love...everyone.
To see a tiny bit of the heart (of Jesus) of each believer,
and the desperate need of the one who doesn't believe.
I grew up in a critical household (not that my folks were at fault any more than the parents who came before them,
and before them, and before them!).
Despising those who think differently.
Now I know there's ONE Truth, personified in Christ.
And that Truth also happens to be Love. :)
So, I guess that's my current mini-goal, but this time I seek it with my whole heart.

Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh, indeed! :)
love to all-
ellie

I like what you said about the mini goals. :)
For it speaks to making the bricks that are set on the corner stone , Jesus!
Building a house that will stand strong always on Jesus!

God bless :)
pickles
 
Love your thread - I was only thinking about this recently, that it is possible to lose sight of the goal at times.

I heard a brilliant sermon recently about the woman at the well. Jesus was trying to reveal himself to the woman. But she side tracked the issue
by wanted to start a debate about where people should worship, Jesus brought her back to His goal.

It made me laugh when I heard this, as you can almost see the way folks get side tracked on CC away from the main point when debating.

It also made me stop and think about how we can get side tracked in life from the main goal by so many things.

I believe the main goal is in enter into a relationship with God and to enjoy that restored fellowship forever. I can't put my finger on it but there is a
bible verse which mentions enjoying him forever.

There are so many processes we go through to reach the goal, like realising there is a God, that Jesus died for us, accepting that sacrifice.
Learning to walk day by day with Him in fellowship - showing others along the way. etc etc.

I have a vivid imagination, do you ever image what it will be like to live for eternity in fellowship with God, with love itself, with all pain, fear, hate, confusion etc gone.

What an amazing goal God had provided for us - just take a moment to imagine what it will be like.

I suppose the saddest thing is that all along this is what God wanted but mans rebellion got in the way.

Great thread
 
I'm just here to argue cause' the missus ignores me :cool:

** ... great post pickles :)