What is the gospel?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 12, 2019
[QUOTE="ForestGreenCook, post: 4094907, member: 272369"]Acts 10:43 says for whosoever believeth (present tense), it does not say "all who WILL believe in the name of Jesus WILL be forgiven". This incorrect interpretation makes it a requirement for the natural man to believe and 1 Cor 2:14 says that the natural man cannot discern the things of the Spirit and thinks it is foolish. Before a man can believe in the things of the Spirit he must first be regenerated and given the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. If a man is regenerated he is already saved eternally. This same truth also applies to John 3:16. Believing the gospel is a product of already being born again and not the cause of it. That is why Jesus instructed his Apostles to go and preach the gospel to the lost sheep (born again children of God) of the house of Israel. All of those that God gave to Jesus to die for already have their sins forgiven as far as eternity is concerned, John 6:38. God looks upon them as holy and without blame.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, this is not correct, this is what is called hyper-calvinism, if you want to know what hyper-calvinism is, this is it^

The bible says Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, for sure God's regenerates, but that is a different issue.

Apr 12, 2019
The gospel is the good news that teaches God's born again children that Jesus died and washed away their sins, past present and future sins, and they don't have to go about to establish their own righteousness by their good works. There is an example of this in Romans 10:1-2-3. The gospel also gives God's children commandments to follow as they live their lives here on earth. The inspired word of God was not written to the natural man that cannot discern the things of the Spirit, 1 Cor 2:14, but to the born again spiritual man. Jesus instructed his Apostles to go and preach the gospel to the lost sheep (born again) of the house of Israel. Matt 10:6.
Also, Brother/Sister in Christ and fellow Calvinist, this post (your first one) is also very hyper-calvinistic........

The Gospel indeed is God's gospel and God is indeed saving the elect alone, the bible teaches this absolutely, i agree with you there, you've got that right. BUT.... who are the elect? No one knows.... only God.

We are to preach the gospel of salvation to all people calling them to repent and believe and leave the results up to God... since its His Gospel and Salvation, which btw... you make great point about.

We don't tell them they need to be born again first to believe, we tell them to believe and be saved, so this is a form of hyper-calvinism, you need to reject it.

A great sermon series to watch would be this :)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Also, Brother/Sister in Christ and fellow Calvinist, this post (your first one) is also very hyper-calvinistic........
Correct. And this poster will never depart from his false doctrines, since he posts the same nonsense at every opportunity. The existence of the true Gospel itself REFUTES Calvinism and Hyper-Calvinism.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

The Gospel indeed is God's gospel and God is indeed saving the elect alone, the bible teaches this absolutely, i agree with you there, you've got that right. BUT.... who are the elect? No one knows.... only God.

We are to preach the gospel of salvation to all people calling them to repent and believe and leave the results up to God... since its His Gospel and Salvation, which btw... you make great point about.

We don't tell them they need to be born again first to believe, we tell them to believe and be saved, so this is a form of hyper-calvinism, you need to reject it.

There is a deliverance when we believe, but it is not eternal. Salvation according to the Greek interpretation means, "a deliverance" We are delivered many times while we live here on earth. Example; When we pray to God to heal us of an illness that we have and he does, there is a deliverance from the illness that we had. We cannot believe in in a spiritual gospel until we have been born again with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, 1 Cor 2:14. When we are born again and are capable of discerning the spiritual things of the gospel, we believe and are delivered (saved) from our lack of knowledge of the gospel. Believing the gospel is a product of being born again and not the cause of being born again.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

I did not watch your video. I think that scripture proves scripture and that they all should harmonize. The scriptures, with the revelation of the Holy Spirit, is sufficient to teach the truth of the gospel without other men's interpretation of them.

Apr 12, 2019
I did not watch your video. I think that scripture proves scripture and that they all should harmonize. The scriptures, with the revelation of the Holy Spirit, is sufficient to teach the truth of the gospel without other men's interpretation of them.
Well, its highly important that you don't be a hyper-calvinist because its not in the bible, the bible teaches the gospel of salvation to everyone who repent and believes and the bible teaches also that this is all of God and not of Man (election), we have to embrace the full truth of the word of God.

That video series is not about destroying Calvinism, but putting it in its proper order and not becoming a hyper-Calvinist (a wicked thing)

Trust me before you judge this matter, why don't you hear it out? and judge it yourself according to scripture?
Heres the link again:

If you refuse to, then your being foolish:
Proverbs 18:13 He who answers a matter before he hears it—this is folly and disgrace to him.

This is very important, ill leave it up to you, hope that helps :)

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Well, its highly important that you don't be a hyper-calvinist because its not in the bible, the bible teaches the gospel of salvation to everyone who repent and believes and the bible teaches also that this is all of God and not of Man (election), we have to embrace the full truth of the word of God.

That video series is not about destroying Calvinism, but putting it in its proper order and not becoming a hyper-Calvinist (a wicked thing)

Trust me before you judge this matter, why don't you hear it out? and judge it yourself according to scripture?
Heres the link again:

Proverbs 18:13 He who answers a matter before he hears it—this is folly and disgrace to him.

Eph 2 says that we all, before we were born again, were dead, spiritually, in sins. That would mean that we could not repent of breaking a spiritual law that we could not discern, 1 Cor 2:14, and sense we could not discern the things of the Spirit, we would not be able to believe in a spiritual gospel. The Holy Spirit is a revealer of the truth and I do not answer a matter before I hear it through the scriptures.

Apr 12, 2019
Eph 2 says that we all, before we were born again, were dead, spiritually, in sins. That would mean that we could not repent of breaking a spiritual law that we could not discern, 1 Cor 2:14, and sense we could not discern the things of the Spirit, we would not be able to believe in a spiritual gospel. The Holy Spirit is a revealer of the truth and I do not answer a matter before I hear it through the scriptures.
Well, amen to that, i agree that man is dead in sin and unable to believe/repent without regeneration, as i agree that regeneration is what produces faith (as salvation is all of elect grace, to the glory of God).

BUT when the Philippian Jailer for example in Acts 16:30-31 said what must i do to be saved, what does it say?, it doesn't say find out if your elect first... or it doesn't say.... to believe you have to be first born again sorry....

NO this is wicked hyper-calvinism....

It says Acts 16:31 “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

It says, Repent and Believe with an objective promise that you will be saved.... If this doesn't fit into your theology, then your going against the gospel.

So like i said, go watch the videos, don't be a fool and hear the whole matter :)

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Well, amen to that, i agree that man is dead in sin and unable to believe/repent without regeneration, as i agree that regeneration is what produces faith (as salvation is all of elect grace, to the glory of God).

BUT when the Philippian Jailer for example in Acts 16:30-31 said what must i do to be saved, what does it say?, it doesn't say find out if your elect first... or it doesn't say.... to believe you have to be first born again sorry....

It says Acts 16:31 “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

It says, Repent and Believe with an objective promise that you will be saved.... If this doesn't fit into your theology, then your going against the gospel.

So like i said, go watch the videos, don't be a fool and hear the whole matter :)
Salvation according to Greek meaning is "a deliverance". There is a deliverance in repenting and believing, but it is here in time and not eternally. After the natural man has been regenerated and is able to discern the things of the Spirit, he then can discern the things of the spirit and can believe the gospel and repent of breaking a spiritual law, but not before he has been regenerated. Misinterpreting scriptures such as these is what leads people to believe in eternal salvation by their good works. The deliverances we receive here in time are accomplished by our obedience to the commandments of God, by our good works of repenting and believing. (salvation by our good works). All salvation scriptures are not referencing eternal salvation, some has reference to timely deliverances. Scripture proves scripture and they all must harmonize. If they do not harmonize then we are not interpreting them right. Can you not see that the jailer was already delivered eternally, born again?

Mpopi

Nov 29, 2019
The kingdom of God is at hand

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

Heres the link again:

Can you explain to me how the natural man, described in 1 Cor 2:14, that cannot discern the things of the Spirit can repent of breaking a spiritual law of a spiritual God when he cannot understand the law. He thinks that the things of the Spirit are foolish. I have never considered any man's interpretation of the scriptures, except those men that were inspired by god to pin the scriptures and I doubt that your video man was inspired by God.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

You said that you agree that man is dead in sins and unable to believe/repent without regeneration (the act of being born again). Yet you make the implication, (by your statement "it doesn't say to believe you have to be first born again" ), that a person can believe in spiritual things before he is born again. Is that not contradicting yourself?

Apr 12, 2019
Can you explain to me how the natural man, described in 1 Cor 2:14, that cannot discern the things of the Spirit can repent of breaking a spiritual law of a spiritual God when he cannot understand the law. He thinks that the things of the Spirit are foolish. I have never considered any man's interpretation of the scriptures, except those men that were inspired by god to pin the scriptures and I doubt that your video man was inspired by God.
I can discern through the comments you've made (in this forum topic specifically) that you Brother are really hyper-Calvinistic, i gave you the sermons because they will destroy this wrong theology that you are holding to, its a series of sermons, that goes into and explains what is called hyper-Calvinism, It's extremely important as its going against the gospel.

If you want to remain foolish then don't watch the video, Proverbs 18:13 He who gives an answer before he hears, It is folly and shame to him.

Also, the scriptures themselves are breathed out from God, that is indeed true, but the scriptures have to be taught properly
2 Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

Why don't you watch the video and find out for yourself?

OR are you a foolish person: Proverbs 18:13
He who gives an answer before he hears, It is folly and shame to him.

Apr 12, 2019
You said that you agree that man is dead in sins and unable to believe/repent without regeneration (the act of being born again). Yet you make the implication, (by your statement "it doesn't say to believe you have to be first born again" ), that a person can believe in spiritual things before he is born again. Is that not contradicting yourself?
So are you a foolish person then? is that the case? or are you going to be a Disciple someone that wants to test things and learn God's ways, like a little child as Jesus commanded. Im not going to reply to your comments after this :), thats all from me.

Mar 28, 2016
We are born again because we can believe. The power to believe not of our own selves.

What if some believe not can it make the faith generated by God without effect?

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
So are you a foolish person then? is that the case? or are you going to be a Disciple someone that wants to test things and learn God's ways, like a little child as Jesus commanded. Im not going to reply to your comments after this :), thats all from me.
You are not the only one who does not want to fairly explain the scriptures I have presented and refuses to try. My only conclusion ro that is that you cannot explain them to harmonize with your false interpretation of the scriptures. This is a bible discussion forum and you have chosen not to discuss the bible. What was your original purpose in joining the forum?

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
We are born again because we can believe. The power to believe not of our own selves.

What if some believe not can it make the faith generated by God without effect?
Read Eph 2 again. We are born again so that we can believe. In the process of being born again the natural man is yet dead (spiritually) and can not believe in spiritual things until after he is born with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
The gospel is the good news that teaches God's born again children that Jesus died and washed away their sins, past present and future sins, and they don't have to go about to establish their own righteousness by their good works. There is an example of this in Romans 10:1-2-3. The gospel also gives God's children commandments to follow as they live their lives here on earth. The inspired word of God was not written to the natural man that cannot discern the things of the Spirit, 1 Cor 2:14, but to the born again spiritual man. Jesus instructed his Apostles to go and preach the gospel to the lost sheep (born again) of the house of Israel. Matt 10:6.
How is a man regenerated my friend? A born again has establish a new relationship with Christ by faith.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Read Eph 2 again. We are born again so that we can believe. In the process of being born again the natural man is yet dead (spiritually) and can not believe in spiritual things until after he is born with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
No, we are born again because we believe.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
How is a man regenerated my friend? A born again has establish a new relationship with Christ by faith.
Regeneration? I think that Eph 2 explains that pretty well. The natural man, at the time of regeneration, is still dead, spiritually, in sins, until he receives the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in regeneration. The only faith that the natural man has is the faith of man. He only acquires spiritual faith after regeneration, with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, because spiritual faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. Gal 5:22.