What is the Lake of Fire Judgment?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dataylor

Well, I see that you've got an interpretation for Mat 16:28; yet the verses simply does not state what you say. I also notice how you chose to ignore how Jesus told Nathanael he would see heaven open and angels travelling to the Son of Man. Moreover, you do not address the fact that two apostles said they were living in the last time.

And I could continue on with many such verses. Here's another sample:

But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed? And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven (Mark 14:61-62).

But whenever they persecute YOU in one city, flee to the next; for truly I say TO YOU, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel until the Son of Man comes (Matthew 10:23).

And Jesus was saying to them, "Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power" (Mark 9:1).

But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest said to Him, "I adjure You by the living God, that You tell us whether You are the Christ, the Son of God." Jesus said to him, "You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter YOU will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of power, and coming on the clouds of heaven (Matthew 26:63-64).

Jun 6, 2015
Well, I see that you've got an interpretation for Mat 16:28; yet the verses simply does not state what you say. I also notice how you chose to ignore how Jesus told Nathanael he would see heaven open and angels travelling to the Son of Man. Moreover, you do not address the fact that two apostles said they were living in the last time.

And I could continue on with many such verses. Here's another sample:

But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed? And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven (Mark 14:61-62).

But whenever they persecute YOU in one city, flee to the next; for truly I say TO YOU, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel until the Son of Man comes (Matthew 10:23).

And Jesus was saying to them, "Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power" (Mark 9:1).

But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest said to Him, "I adjure You by the living God, that You tell us whether You are the Christ, the Son of God." Jesus said to him, "You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter YOU will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of power, and coming on the clouds of heaven (Matthew 26:63-64).
You are still confusing those who would see him rise and sit on the right hand of God in heaven with power, with those who would see him come down to earth, by the way he is still sitting on the right hand of God in God's kingdom, he has not come down yet.
If you want to know when he's coming and what would be the sign of his coming read Matt.24 and Mark 13, he is coming in the fig tree generation which is between 1948 and 2018. learn the parable of the fig tree. God bless

D

dataylor

You are still confusing those who would see him rise and sit on the right hand of God in heaven with power, with those who would see him come down to earth, by the way he is still sitting on the right hand of God in God's kingdom, he has not come down yet.
If you want to know when he's coming and what would be the sign of his coming read Matt.24 and Mark 13, he is coming in the fig tree generation which is between 1948 and 2018. learn the parable of the fig tree. God bless
Ah. Herbert Armstrong lives again...and like before, there is absolutely no scriptural basis for the theology.

S

Stevehicle

TRIBULATION - 7 year rule of The Anti-Christ
CHrist Return - Defeat of the Anti-Christ
1000 year rule - Satan etc locked away for 1000 years, perfect peace and sin free world with Christ ruling. - note the saints killed during Tribulation will be resurected and help rule etc.
Armegedon - Final battle after Satan is let loose, we know how that ends.
White Throne Judgement - primarily for those living in the 1000 years of Christs rule, being judged by works etc as salvation through Christ is not available anymore. Sorting of Goats from Sheep, those in book of life just go to live in New Earth.
New Earth - our new life of eternity.
Mind....Blown

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Well the lake of fire is not the judgment but the penalty resulting from the judgment. It is the second death which is the penalty for sin. The Great White Throne is the judgment where God judges the lost and sentences them to eternal death along with the devil and his angels.

The apostles did see Jesus sitting on His throne at the transfiguration. The disciples saw Jesus ascend into the clouds in Acts 1.

Believers are passed through judgment having been saved and Christ standing in our place before Gods judgment. Jesus was condemned for us that we might through Him have eternal life.

John 3 gives us an understanding of why men's deeds are judged at the GWT. John 3 teaches that men turned back from God because their deeds were evil and they did not want to expose them.

Believers give an account to Christ for what they have done since they were saved. Their works are judged as to whether they are wood hay and stubble or precious jewels gold and silver for the Master.

This is a difficult subject for many. It is easy to become confused and the truth obscured. When Jesus spoke prophetically He spoke to the Jews. Those who will see Jesus returning in the clouds and returning to Jerusalem will be Israel and not the church. The church will already be with Him coming to rule and reign along side of Him.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Dec 12, 2013
The Bema seat judgement is for believers only.

The GWT judgement is for unbelievers only.

Believers are rewarded for their works done in the Spirit. and their human good is burned up.

Sin is judged......even unbelief. Unbelief earns the unbeliever a trip to the GWT. And then they are JUDGED by their human good deeds(evil). they get a chance to "plead" their case. And their case is nowhere near the case of Christ.

Human good is judged and they are sent to the LoF for their evil(human good)
That's what it teaches for sure.....blessed and holy is he that hath part in the FIRST resurrection
upon which the 2ND DEATH hath no power..........what an awesome and spooky verse hey....

Dec 12, 2013
TRIBULATION - 7 year rule of The Anti-Christ
CHrist Return - Defeat of the Anti-Christ
1000 year rule - Satan etc locked away for 1000 years, perfect peace and sin free world with Christ ruling. - note the saints killed during Tribulation will be resurected and help rule etc.
Armegedon - Final battle after Satan is let loose, we know how that ends.
White Throne Judgement - primarily for those living in the 1000 years of Christs rule, being judged by works etc as salvation through Christ is not available anymore. Sorting of Goats from Sheep, those in book of life just go to live in New Earth.
New Earth - our new life of eternity.
Looks nice except for a few things....I will start with the first problem with your theory bro....

1. Tribulation<--7 year rule of AC......The bible states that he make war against the saints, changes times, seasons, wears out the saints of God etc. for 3.5 years, 42 months or 1260 days.....the demand to be worshipped as God with the image set is 1290 days<---none of the things listed in Daniel, Revelation, Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21, 2nd Thessalonians 2 etc. states verbatim and or indicates a 7 year rule.....

2. Christ's return and defeating AC<----I agree with this

3. 1000 year rule and SIN free world......A couple of things with this.....

a. The Jewish and a few other select nations go though in their flesh and repopulate the waste cities of the planet<--The redeemed/saved are like the angels in heaven, no marriage and or sex....

b. Those who are spared and are in their fleshly bodies repopulating the waste cities of the planet will still have the sin nature but without the influence of Satan...

c. A child will die accursed at the age of 100 during the reign of Christ<--Isaiah 65:20

d. Satan gathers all the lost/wicked that are alive at the end of the 1000 year reign in one final attempt to usurp Christ and the righteous.....

e. If no sin one would not die at 100 accursed, nor would there be a grand army of lost/wicked that are influenced and join rank and file in an attempt to over throw Jesus and His Kingdom.

4. Armageddon at the end<----I agree

5. White throne for all the lost...death, hell etc. gave UP gave up the (DEAD) as in twice dead that were in them...blessed is he that hath part in the first resurrection upon which the 2ND DEATH hath no power...the second death is separation from God in the Lake of Fire...

Last edited:
I

Is

Well, how does this fit in:

Matthew 16:27: For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels;and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
If you will notice the verses before that speak of discipleship, this is about those that will believe in Jesus.

I

Is

Many Christians are looking forward to God’s judgment — often quite fearfully. Revelation describes what the Bible calls the Great White Throne Judgment:

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place fort hem. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS. And thesea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and Hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS. And death and Hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-14[KJV]).

This prophecy describes a time when God resurrects people after their death. Here the Greek translated “Hell” is
hades,which means the grave. Then the prophecy goes on to describe how these people are judged. But I especially want you to notice how God judges these people “according to their works.”

Works?

Does not God grant salvation and eternal life as a free gift? And aren’t we saved by Christ’s sacrifice, instead of the measure of our human accomplishments?

So what kind of judging is going in here?

Now let's add something from Matthew 16:27:

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels;and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
Here Jesus describes how God will evaluate peoples’ works to determine their spiritual reward.

But is this not an exact parallel to what we just read in Revelation 20?

So during the final White Throne Judgment, those who are not written in the Book of Life are cast into the lake of fire, while the rest are "judged" so they can be rewarded according to their deeds. Thus it appears the White Throne Judgment actually does two things:

1) sentences those who rebelliously reject God to the second death.
2) determines the reward given to those who repent and are saved.

This is the second death

The second death in Rev.20:5........is the resurrection of the un-believers, since they will die again.

D

dataylor

And it only gets better:

Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world (Matthew 25:34).

Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has chosen gladly to give you the kingdom (Luke 12:32).

This is the now discarded "good news" (gospel) of the Kingdom of God.