What is the Lord showing you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
One of my favorite things is learning about how the Lord is working in other people’s lives. I find it uplifting and encouraging.

Soo.. what has the Lord been showing you lately?

It can be something little or big, old or new.

The Lord reveals things to us in different ways, so is it something He’s put on your heart, shared through others, brought to your attention through scripture or something else? 😁

Jun 14, 2016
A lot of things I've been dealing with have been rooted in fear.

The bible says that those who fear have not been made perfect in love, because perfect love casts out all fear. (1 John 4:18) I guess I'm still a work in progress :geek:

Another neat one that was shared with me was on Colossians 2:13-14 (NKJV; emphasis mine)

13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
Basically, we know that we know what sin is by the law, that we all broke God's law and are all sinners. Now Jesus, we know is the Word made flesh and was the only one who ever could and did fulfill the law. No longer are we held by the requirement of keeping the whole law because the law, God's Word, Jesus, was nailed to the cross! (EDIT: this reminds me of the lines of that hymn, Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe; sin was like a crimson stain, He washed me white as snow! amen!)

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we can do whatever we want because that's not the truth. The bible says how can we continue to live in sin if we died to sin? (Romans 6:2) But, we now have a way to be made right with God, and that's through our faith in Jesus by the Grace of God. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Last,

Philippians 4:6-7 (NKJV; emphasis mine)

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I would remember this verse, but I always would forget the "with thanksgiving" part. Thanksgiving is a qualifier in these verses.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
Aephus, thank you for sharing! Fear is indeed a pretty big stronghold isn't it?

Philippians 4:6-7 is a verse that the Lord has brought to my attention many times throughout my walk with Him. I like the importance of "with thanksgiving". It isn't always an easy thing to remember.