What is the meaning of Hebrews 4?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lewiz

Mar 11, 2018
Pity Mark 13:32 contradicts you then!
Obviously you are not studying hard enough....

But then again all cults think they can predict Christ's return so you are in good (I mean bad) company there!
So now you can look down the nose at him & call him a cultist?

Whose throne are you sitting on, anyway?

Lewiz

Mar 11, 2018
Amen, take this and learn to love others, as god first loved us, and you have found that wonderful rest spoken of in Heb 4.

yet people want to put us under law and place us under the thing the people the law was given to could not do because it was too great a burden
Who wants to put you under the Old Testament Law, EG? I've read this thread up to your post, & I haven't seen it.

Why do you make such accusations for?

If these aren't false accusations, then quit beating around the bush & speak up & name these people.

Lewiz

Mar 11, 2018
These are YOUR embellishments!!!!!
I have personally read this with my own eyes from a copy of the Shem Tob translation!

You need to retract this nonsense and apologise for trying to rewrite the Word of God for your own purposes!!!
I am also reporting this disgusting conduct to the moderators and I will ask them to ban you UNLESS you make an unconditional apology and close this thread....
Do you have something to say besides blasting people?

This is Bible Discussion, so discuss!

If you have this translation, then post it in its proper context..

Otherwise it's just hot air.

Lewiz

Mar 11, 2018
"His rest" (God's rest) is NOT the same as "our final rest". We enter into "His rest" right now. And to fall short of it is to revert to the rites and rituals of the Old Covenant and the works of the Law in order to be justified, even though those believers were justified by grace through faith. There is no rest in that whatsoever.

This is the same as when Paul says "ye are fallen from grace" in Galatians. But that still did not impact their salvation. There is no hint that the Galatians had lost their salvation because of this faulty doctrine.

Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen. (Gal 6:18)
Yes, it is.

Treasury of Scripture
Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
Hebrews 4:11 Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall …
Hebrews 2:1-3 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which …
Hebrews 12:15,25 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any …
Hebrews 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken to you …
Romans 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by …
1 Corinthians 10:12 Why let him that thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

Of entering into his rest; of a free entrance into heaven, and enjoying a glorious rest with God there.

Any of you should seem to come short of it: he would have it the fear of all, that not one soul tnight be endangered by it; so as not in any measure to slight such a promise, nor as much as to seem so, flying from the very appearance of evil, 1 Thessalonians 5:22; usterhkenai, a metaphor taken from racers, where any are outrun and left behind; noting the miserable state of such Christians who profess to run to heaven, but never do so as to obtain it, 1 Corinthians 9:24-26. Alas, he that falleth short of heaven, reacheth home to hell!

Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges
1. Let us therefore fear] The fear to which we are exhorted is not any uncertainty of hope, but solicitude against careless indifference. It is a wholesome fear taught by wisdom (Php 2:12).

lest] Lit. lest haply.

being left us] It is better to omit the word “us,” It means “since a promise still remains unrealised.” The promise has not been exhausted by any previous fulfilment.

any] Rather, “any one.” See note on Hebrews 3:12.

of you] He cannot say “of us,” because he proceeds to describe the case of hardened and defiant apostates.

should seem to come short of it] Rather, “should seem to have failed in attaining it.” The Greek might also mean “should think that he has come too late for it;” but the writer’s object is to stimulate the negligent, not to encourage the despondent. The word “seem” is an instance of the figure called litotes, in which a milder term is designedly used to express one which is much stronger. The author of this Epistle, abounding as he does in passages of uncompromising sternness, would not be likely to use any merely euphuistic phrase. The dignity of his expressions adds to their intensity. For a similar delicate yet forcible use of “seem” see 1 Corinthians 11:16. The verb “to fail” or “come short” occurs in Hebrews 12:15, together with a terrible example of the thing itself in Hebrews 12:17.

An Exposition of Hebrews
"Let us therefore fear, lest a promise being left us of entering into His rest, any of you should seem to come short of it" (verse 1). The opening words of this chapter bid us seriously take to heart the solemn warning given at the close of chapter 3. God’s judgment upon the wicked should make us more watchful that we do not follow their steps.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
You do not get it, and sadly I fear you never will

The commands are burdensome because we can not keep them according to Gods standard (perfection)

And no. it is not men laws.

You want to be burdened, be burdened, but do us all a favor. Let the rest of us find the rest in Christ. or is that to difficult for you to do? are you afraid we are going to find something you can't find?
Yes I will never understand how

love YHWH, have no "gods" in His face, no idols, dont;t take His name in emptiness, set apart the day He says for His work, do not murder, do not steal, do not covet or ANY Law is burdensome. Anything He says to do is positive for humans and a way to keep Him in mind and deed...

1 John 5:2-3, "By this we know that we love the children of Yah, when we love Yah and guard His commands. For this is the love for Yah, that we guard His commands, and His commands are not heavy."

You do not get it, and sadly I fear you never will

The commands are burdensome because we can not keep them according to Gods standard (perfection)
nice excuse to call His Instructions a burden, sad very sad..

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Psalm 119:142-145, “Your righteousness is righteousness forever, And Your Torah is truth. Distress and anguish have found me; Your commands are my delight. The righteousness of Your witnesses is forever; Make me understand, that I might live. I have called with all my heart; Answer me, O [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]יהוה[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]! I observe Your Laws.”

[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Psalm 119:164-167, “I have praised You seven times a day, Because of Your righteous right-rulings. Great peace have those loving Your Torah, And for them there is no stumbling-block. [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]יהוה[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif], I have waited for Your deliverance, And I have done Your commands. My being has guarded Your witnesses, And I love them exceedingly.”[/FONT]

You want to be burdened, be burdened, but do us all a favor. Let the rest of us find the rest in Christ. or is that to difficult for you to do? are you afraid we are going to find something you can't find?
this is the rest I seek:

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Revelation 14:13, “And I heard a voice from heaven saying to me: Write: Blessed are the dead, the ones dying in the Messiah from now on! Yes, says the Spirit: because they will rest from their labors, and their works do follow them!”

[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Mat 19:27-29, “Then Kĕpha answering, said to Him, “See, we have left all and followed You. What then shall we have? And [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]יהושע [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]said to them, “Truly I say to you, when the Son of Aḏam sits on the throne of His esteem, you who have followed Me in the rebirth, shall also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Yisra’yl. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My Name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Ezekiyl 48:35, "“All around: eighteen thousand cubits. And the name of the city from that day is: [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]יהוה [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]is there!” (In Hebrew: [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]יהוה [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Shammah)[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Revelation 21:3-4, "And I heard a great voice out of heaven, saying: Behold, the tabernacle of YHWH is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they will be His people, and YHWH Himself will be with them, and be their Father. And YHWH will wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there will be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, nor will there be any more pain, for the former things have passed away.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
[/FONT]

E

eternally-gratefull

Yes I will never understand how

love YHWH, have no "gods" in His face, no idols, dont;t take His name in emptiness, set apart the day He says for His work, do not murder, do not steal, do not covet or ANY Law is burdensome. Anything He says to do is positive for humans and a way to keep Him in mind and deed...

1 John 5:2-3, "By this we know that we love the children of Yah, when we love Yah and guard His commands. For this is the love for Yah, that we guard His commands, and His commands are not heavy."

nice excuse to call His Instructions a burden, sad very sad..

Psalm 119:142-145, “Your righteousness is righteousness forever, And Your Torah is truth. Distress and anguish have found me; Your commands are my delight. The righteousness of Your witnesses is forever; Make me understand, that I might live. I have called with all my heart; Answer me, O יהוה! I observe Your Laws.”

Psalm 119:164-167, “I have praised You seven times a day, Because of Your righteous right-rulings. Great peace have those loving Your Torah, And for them there is no stumbling-block. יהוה, I have waited for Your deliverance, And I have done Your commands. My being has guarded Your witnesses, And I love them exceedingly.”

this is the rest I seek:

Revelation 14:13, “And I heard a voice from heaven saying to me: Write:Blessed are the dead, the ones dying in the Messiah from now on! Yes, says the Spirit: because they will rest from their labors, and their works do follow them!”

Mat 19:27-29, “Then Kĕpha answering, said to Him, “See, we have left all and followed You. What then shall we have? And יהושע said to them, “Truly I say to you, when the Son of Aḏam sits on the throne of His esteem, you who have followed Me in the rebirth, shall also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Yisra’yl. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My Name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.”

Ezekiyl 48:35, "“All around: eighteen thousand cubits. And the name of the city from that day is: יהוה is there!” (In Hebrew: יהוה Shammah)

Revelation 21:3-4, "And I heard a great voice out of heaven, saying: Behold, the tabernacle of YHWH is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they will be His people, and YHWH Himself will be with them, and be their Father. And YHWH will wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there will be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, nor will there be any more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

you will never find rest, unless you water down the law to fit your sin life, you will find at most self righteousness

i been there done that man, you can have it.

E

eternally-gratefull

Who wants to put you under the Old Testament Law, EG? I've read this thread up to your post, & I haven't seen it.

Why do you make such accusations for?

If these aren't false accusations, then quit beating around the bush & speak up & name these people.

You have not read well then, or your reading through the lens of personal belief.

And thats fine, do what you want.

jimd

Dec 9, 2017
Obviously the day of rest was, is about salvation today, as long as there is a today. Resting in/with God.

Mar 28, 2016
You have not read well then, or your reading through the lens of personal belief.

And thats fine, do what you want.
I would ask…Whose personal belief? The faith of God or the imagination of the hearts of natural man(no faith)

Water as a shadow does not get wet. It can comfort as a medicine but not heal eternally.

No judging according to ceremonial laws, they make nothing perfect but as a sign point to the eternal. Signs point and are not the very substance they point to.

The key to understanding Hebrews 4 is “mixing faith”. Search for what that is and what it performs in us then a person can enter that shadow of the good thing to come our new incorruptible bodies as His eternal bride

Colossians 2:16-18 King James Version (KJV) Let no man therefore judge youin meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or ofthe sabbath days:Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is ofChrist. Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen,vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

The time of reformation came over two thousand years ago.

The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: Which was a figure/parable for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; Which stood only inmeats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them "until the time of reformation" Hebrew9:8-10

For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers there unto perfect. For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. .Hebrew 10

Last edited:

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
you will never find rest, unless you water down the law to fit your sin life, you will find at most self righteousness

i been there done that man, you can have it.
SO the only way to rest is to ignore His Commands?

Yeah Ill pass on you fake man made rest...

1 John 4:19, “We love Him because He first loved us.”

Mat 11:27-30, "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father. And no one fully knows the Son except the Father, neither does anyone fully know the Father, except the Son and those whom YHWH wills the Son to reveal. Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light"

Exodus 20:6, “But showing love to thousands who love Me by keeping My Laws.”

John/Yahanan 14:15, “If you love Me, keep My commandments.”

Hebrews 10:16, "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says YHWH: I will put My Law into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them.”

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
WOULD SOMEBODY please explain to me what is rest and what does it do for you? Let's see if we agree, onthe same thing.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
WOULD SOMEBODY please explain to me what is rest and what does it do for you? Let's see if we agree, onthe same thing.
Did you read the original posts? I will give my views but it is explained in the beginning...

The basic principles are:

The 7th day Sabbath:

Exodus 20:8-11, “Remember the Sabbath day, to set it apart." Six days you labor, and shall do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of יהוה your Mighty One. You do not do any work – you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days יהוה made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore יהוה blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart.”

Looks back to the 7th day of creation when the Creator "Rested" or "ceased" from His works:

Genesis 2:1-3, “Thus the heavens and the earth were completed, and all their array. And in the seventh day the Mighty One completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made. And the Mighty One blessed the seventh day and set it apart, because on it He rested from all His work which the Mighty One in creating had made.”

and looks forward to the "rest" IN the Kingdom of YHWH

Revelation 14:13, "And I heard a voice from heaven saying to me: Write:Blessed are the dead, the ones dying in the Messiah from now on! Yes, says the Spirit: because they will rest from their labors, and their works do follow them!"

This is a simplification but the original posts I made explains using Scripture the details.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
When one experiences the Gospel rest they cease from their own work as GOD did from HIS. GOD was not ever a non Spiritual BEING as we are outside of Christ. For GOD is Spirit. So HE did not enter into some spiritual rest; HE is our rest in Christ Jesus. Hebrews four is a call to those experiencing the Gospel Rest to cease from their own work as GOD did from His. Which was done on the Seventh Day of the week; which is the Sabbath. Please follow along.

We are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

1) Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us (the people of the writers day and us) of entering into his rest (the Gospel), any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel (His Rest) preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For we which have believed do enter into rest (Do enter His Rest; the Gospel not some future event), as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest (the Gospel; the rest we have when Christ Jesus is our Life): although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. (the Gospel Rest has been available since Eden)

4) For HE (GOD) spake in a certain place (the giving of the Commandments on Mt. Sinia) of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

5,6) And in this place again, (GOD speaks of the Seventh Day) If they shall enter into my rest (the Gospel; the rest we have when Jesus is our life. The rest just mentioned that we do enter). Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein (the Gospel, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in (the Gospel) because of unbelief (obstinacy, obstinate opposition to the divine will):

If we receive the Gospel Rest in Christ, GOD is calling us to the Word that HE spoke of the Seventh Day on Mt Sinia. Above in verse five it says in this place again IF they shall enter my rest The Gospel I am calling them to my Seventh day Sabbath also. Two separate things. The Gospel Rest and the Seventh Day Sabbath. Our rest in HIM and HE in us enables us now to partake of the Seventh Day Sabbath's hallowedness. Israel could not do this due to their stiff neck hard hearted rebellion they refused the Gospel when Moses preached it. So since they never received GOD's Rest which which is the GOSPEL they never kept the Seventh Day Sabbath either. They profaned it.

7) Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day (Now), after so long a time; as it is said, To day (now) if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

Dabid's (beloved's) Word's though GOD where and are a call to repentance; GOD's Rest in Christ. For unto us was the Gospel (His Rest) preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

8) For (because of the word just shared in Psalm) if Jesus (Joshua leading them into Canaan) had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day (constant call to the Gospel).

The leading them into the promise land was a symbol of what they already had available to them. After the forty years of roaming and seeing GOD's loving and guiding hand they were still only willing to receive the physical blessings and not the Spiritual; HIS Rest in Christ.

9) There remaineth (present tense) therefore a Sabbath keeping to the people of God.
This verse brings us back to verse 4 And in this place again, (GOD speaks of the Seventh Day) If they shall enter into my rest (the Gospel; the rest we have when Jesus is our life).

10) For he that is entered into his Rest (the Gospel), he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

"As" is direct Comparison. There is no way around that.
So it is A Ceasing from work like GOD did from HIS. It is the calling to those who entered in their rest (the Gospel rest in Jesus in GOD) to cease from their work AS GOD did. Remember verse five, "And in this place again, (GOD speaks of the Seventh Day) If they shall enter into my rest(the Gospel; the rest we have when Jesus is our life. The rest just mentioned that we do enter)."

GOD ceased from HIS PHYSICAL work on the Seventh Day. GOD is already and forever Spirit. So HE did not enter enter into any Spiritual rest we do. He is our Spiritual rest. So we in harmony with Christ and the FATHER cease from our work on the Seventh Day as HE did. The Day HE hallowed (set apart) and blessed.

So what are our instructions in regards to keeping the Sabbath?

Because we have received the Gospel; the new heart and mind through Christ Jesus; old things having passed away, all things being new and of GOD. We simply cease from our own works as GOD did from HIS. He simply rested from work; so we rest as HE did.

(Heb 4:1-10 KJV)

Mar 28, 2016

To rest (spiritual not seen)is to not harden ones heart in unbelief (no faith).This is when we do if we do hear the word of God . If when we do hear His voice and harden not our own hearts we know the mixing of faith in what we do hear softens our hearts with the daily bread he feeds us.

Learn what it means to mix faith seeing it is why some do not receive His rest. Mixing faith, it’s the key to understanding Hebrews 4. Again it is God who is of one mind and always does whatsoever His soul pleases as that does which does soften our hard hearts.

Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see
him:Job 23:8-9

The faith unseen working(above)

But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food. (bread) But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth. For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: (imputed righteousness) and many such things are with him. Therefore am I troubled at his presence: when I consider, I am afraid of him. For God maketh my heart soft, and the Almighty troubleth me: Job 23:10-16

E

eternally-gratefull

Rest is stop trying to work at trying to make myself worthy to be called gods child, and instead take gods love given to me in abundance, and since i do not have to worry about self, i am free to take that love and serve others (i love because god first loved me)

rest is not tryng to spnd my life learning and obeying commands where i am more worried about self or forced to water down commands so i can feel good about myself and not feel judged, than i am serving others, that is work, not rest.

E

eternally-gratefull

SO the only way to rest is to ignore His Commands?

Yeah Ill pass on you fake man made rest...

1 John 4:19, “We love Him because He first loved us.”

Mat 11:27-30, "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father. And no one fully knows the Son except the Father, neither does anyone fully know the Father, except the Son and those whom YHWH wills the Son to reveal. Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light"

Exodus 20:6, “But showing love to thousands who love Me by keeping My Laws.”

John/Yahanan 14:15, “If you love Me, keep My commandments.”

Hebrews 10:16, "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says YHWH: I will put My Law into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them.”
Get over yourself dude

rest is not ignoring god ds commands, it is learning HOW to live a life in which we are not breaking the commands, because we are focused on serving others, and not worried about self.

Your so busy trying to force people to be like you, and puffing rself u, when do you have time to serve others?

Your not offering people rest, your offering them more work anf self righteousness

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
Now, let's go back to the beginning of Jesus preaching and teaching. The first things he mentioned about rest ,labour, and heavy laden was in chapter 11 of Matthew 28- 30. Come unto me, all ye that labour.( I take this to mean that the labour he is talking about is sin,and all the sinners that are workers of iniquity .) and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.( heavy laden here means that a person's sins are heavy on them and they are burdened down with sin in their lives. Turning your life over to Jesus by surrendering yourself to him to take over the messed up life you have made for yourself. By doing so, you no longer have to continue to work iniquity in your life. You stop working, and turn your life over to him, thereby obtaining rest from your works of iniquity.) 29; Take my yoke upon you.( Yoke means a device laid upon a defeated person.) and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30; For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.( you no longer have to live your life burdened down with sin. only he can carry it and free you from it.) Some people have taken rest to a new and unauthorized level from what Jesus was talking about.

Last edited:
E

eternally-gratefull

Now, let's go back to the beginning of Jesus preaching and teaching. The first things he mentioned about rest ,labour, and heavy laden was in chapter 11 of Matthew 28- 30. Come unto me, all ye that labour.( I take this to mean that the labour he is talking about is sin,and all the sinners that are workers of iniquity .) and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.( heavy laden here means that a person's sins are heavy on them and they are burdened down with sin in their lives. Turning your life over to Jesus by surrendering yourself to him to take over the messed up life you have made for yourself. By doing so, you no longer have to continue to work iniquity in your life. You stop working, and turn your life over to him, thereby obtaining rest from your works of iniquity.) 29; Take my yoke upon you.( Yoke means a device laid upon a defeated person.) and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30; For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.( you no longer have to live your life burdened down with sin. only he can carry it and free you from it.) Some people have taken rest to a new and unauthorized level from what Jesus was talking about.

I do not know about you, but serving myself (sin) is not very labor intensive, in fact it is quite easy, if not, i would not keep trying to do things the easy wayl

trying live by some moral standard, now that is work, i keep trying to live up to Gods standard, but jeep failing,

rest is seen as stop trying to live up to gods standard, and just serve him god took care of the rest, now since he loved you, you love others,

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
Sin may be easy, but God calls it work, that is why he said that they are workers of iniquity. and the wages of such is death. ,meaning paid .

E

eternally-gratefull

Sin may be easy, but God calls it work, that is why he said that they are workers of iniquity. and the wages of such is death. ,meaning paid .

Its still easier to sin than to follow the law, isreal proved that over and over, if your trying to live your life trying to follow gods moral guidlines, you will fail, period. No one is perfect.

Are you going to keep trying to work by obeying laws, or stop your work and allow god to love you so you in turn can love others, and not be burdened when you fail to live up to gods standard, knowing as a child your forgiven?