What is the meaning of Hebrews 4?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
I love Hebrew Matthew! It proves Yashua is legal heir to the throne! It makes clear we are not to obey the Pharisees, rather we are to obey Moses. (23:2-3) Of course I know the priesthood is changed, no longer blood sacrifices! Hope I didn't open a can of worms there....but seriously, the version I grew up with would have meant we all must be practicing Judaism. Looks like the Greek crowd would welcome the Hebrew Matt. but oh well, another story alas. nevermind.:)
Well Ill post both here, it's off topic but its truth even of people dont like it.

Mat 23:4, “For they (the pharisees not YHWH) bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men’s shoulders, but with their finger they do not wish to move them.”

How do they “bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men’s shoulders, but with their finger they do not wish to move them?”

New International Version - Mat 23:2-3, "The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach."

King James Bible - Mat 23:2-3, "Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not."

Shem Tob's Hebrew Mattithyah - Mat 23:2-3, "The Pharisees and Sages sit upon the seat of Mosheh. Therefore, all that he (Mosheh) says to you, diligently do, but according to their takanot (reforms) and their ma'asim (precedents) do not do, because they talk (Torah) but they do not do."

Takanot: rabbinical reforms or enactments that falsely change or add to YHWH's Law.

Ma'asim: acts or deeds that serve as precedents for rabbinic law.

Both Takanot and Ma'asim are laws of the Talmud. (traditions of men)

Mark 7:1-9, “And the Pharisees and some of the scribes assembled to Him, having come from Yerushalayim. And seeing some of His taught ones eat bread with defiled, that is, with unwashed hands, they found fault. For the Pharisees, and all the Yehuḏim, do not eat unless they wash their hands thoroughly, holding fast the tradition of the elders, and coming from the market-place, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions which they have received and hold fast – the washing of cups and utensils and copper vessels and couches. Then the Pharisees and scribes asked Him, “Why do Your taught ones not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashed hands? And He answering, said to them, “Well did Yeshayahu prophesy concerning you hypocrites, as it has been written, ‘This people respect Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. And in vain do they worship Me, teaching as doctrine the commands of men.’ Forsaking the command of YHWH, you hold fast the tradition of men. And He said to them, “Well do you set aside the command of YHWH, in order to guard your tradition."

Mat 23:23, “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you tithe the mint and the anise and the cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the Torah: the right-ruling and the compassion and the belief. These need to have been done, without neglecting the others.”

and the geneology of Messiah:

Hebrew Mattithyah
Mattithyah 1:16, “And Ya‛aqoḇ brought forth Yosĕph the father of Miryam, of whom was born יהושע who is called Messiah. “

New International Version
Matthew 1:16, “and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah.”

Luke 3:23, "And when יהושע Himself began, He was about thirty years of age, being, as reckoned by law, son of Yosĕph, of Ěli.” (Yosĕph, ben Ěli)

Mariam's father and husband had the same name, Yoseph/Joseph,

Yosĕph, ben Ěli husband of Mariam (Luke 3:23)

Yosĕph ben Ya‛aqoḇ father of Mariam (Mat 1:15-16)

A common name in Israyl. Matthew originally wrote his account in the Hebrew language, and copies of it in Hebrew survive to this day, yet that Hebrew version was taken and translated into Aramaic and Greek. In this translation "father" was changed to "husband." We don't know why but it seems the translators thought to "correct" the text, knowing that Joseph was Mariam's husbands name, and thinking "father" was an error. It is worth mentioning that the Hebrew version has a number of other proper readings where the versions translated from it have not 100% conveyed the original. As if the reading is “husband” it is only 13 generation from Babylon to Messiaah when the text says it is 14;

Mat 1:17, “So all the generations from Aḇraham to Dawiḏ were fourteen generations, and from Dawiḏ until the exile to Baḇel were fourteen generations, and from the exile to Baḇel until the Messiah were fourteen generations.”

Matthew 1:1-17,

“1:1, The book of the genealogy of יהושע Messiah, Son of Dawiḏ, Son of Aḇraham:"

1:2, "Aḇraham brought forth Yitsḥaq, and Yitsḥaq brought forth Ya‛aqoḇ, and Ya‛aqoḇ brought forth Yehuḏah and his brothers."
1:3, "And Yehuḏah brought forth Perets and Zeraḥ by Tamar, and Perets brought forth Ḥetsron, and Ḥetsron brought forth Ram."

1:4, "And Ram brought forth Amminaḏaḇ, and Amminaḏaḇ brought forth Naḥshon, and Naḥshon brought forth Salmon."

1:5, "And Salmon brought forth Bo‛az by Raḥaḇ, and Bo‛az brought forth Oḇĕḏ by Ruth, and Oḇĕḏ brought forth Yishai."

1:6, "And Yishai brought forth Dawiḏ the sovereign, and Dawiḏ the sovereign brought forth Shelomoh by Uriyah’s wife."

1:7, "And Shelomoh brought forth Reḥaḇ‛am,a and Reḥaḇ‛am brought forth Aḇiyah, and Aḇiyah brought forth Asa.” (Ammorite -1Ki 14:21, 1Ki 14:31)

1:8, "And Asa brought forth Yehoshaphat, and Yehoshaphat brought forth Yoram, and Yoram brought forth Uzziyah."

1:9, "And Uzziyah brought forth Yotham, and Yotham brought forth Aḥaz, and Aḥaz brought forth Ḥizqiyahu."

1:10, "And Ḥizqiyahu brought forth Menashsheh, and Menashsheh brought forth Amon, and Amon brought forth Yoshiyahu."

1:11, "And Yoshiyahu brought forth Yeḵonyah and his brothers at the time of the exile to Baḇel."

1:12, "And after the exile to Baḇel, Yeḵonyah brought forth She’alti’ĕl, and She’alti’ĕl brought forth Zerubbaḇel."
1:13, "And Zerubbaḇel brought forth Aḇihuḏ, and Aḇihuḏ brought forth [Aḇner and Aḇner brought forth]* Elyaqim, and Elyaqim brought forth Azor. (*Aḇner and Aḇner brought forth appears in the Du Tillit Hebrew text)

1:14, "And Azor brought forth Tsaḏoq, and Tsaḏoq brought forth Aqim, and Aqim brought forth Elihuḏ."

1:15, "And Elihuḏ brought forth El‛azar, and El‛azar brought forth Mattan, and Mattan brought forth Ya‛aqoḇ."

1:16, "And Ya‛aqoḇ brought forth Yosĕph the father of Miryam, of whom was born יהושע who is called Messiah." (Yosĕph ben Ya‛aqoḇ)

1:17, "So all the generations from Aḇraham to Dawiḏ were fourteen generations, and from Dawiḏ until the exile to Baḇel were fourteen generations, and from the exile to Baḇel until the Messiah were fourteen generations."

1:18, "But the birth of יהושע Messiah was as follows: After His mother Miryam was engaged to Yosĕph, before they came together, she was found to be pregnant from the Set-apart Spirit."

The Ebionites were a Christian sect that claimed to preserve the original autograph of apostle Matthew in Hebrew. It is quoted often by Epiphanius in the 300s. He said its official title was “The Gospel according to Matthew.” (Epiphanius, Panarion 30, 13, 2-3.)

Apostle John told Papias around 90 A.D. about this book of Matthew: “Matthew put together the oracles [of the Lord] in the Hebrew language, and each one interpreted them as best he could.” (Eusebius, Hist. Eccl. iii. 39, quoting Exposition of the Oracles of the Lord)

Irenaeus likewise says: “Matthew also issued a written Gospel among the Hebrews in their own dialect.” (Irenaeus, Against Heresies, Book III, Chapter I, quoted in Eusebius,Ecclesiastical History, Book V, Chapter VIII.)

Jerome around 404 A.D. wrote of this too: “The Hebrew [Matthew] itself has been preserved until the present day in the library at Caesarea which Pamphilus so diligently gathered.” (Jerome, Lives of Illustrious Men, Chapter III.)

“Matthew collected the oracles (ta logia) in the Hebrew language, and each interpreted them as best he could.” – Papias (Eusebius, H.E. 3.39.16)

Matthew 1:16
Shem Tob Hebrew Mattithyah
And Ya‛aqoḇ brought forth Yosĕph the father of Miryam, of whom was born יהושע who is called Messiah.

New International Version
and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
It would seem you have been taking it for granted that a thousand years is one day and not as one day . The word thousand is used in parables to represent a unknown as to whatever is in view throughout the Bible . In Revelation 20 the phrase "thousand years" in that parable is used 6 times represents a unknow amount of time .
2 Peter 3:8, “But, beloved ones, let not this one matter be hidden from you: that with יהוה one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.”

HERE:

2 Peter 3:8, “But, beloved ones, let not this one matter be hidden from you: that with יהוה one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years is as one day.”

when typing it I missed one of the "is" lol

Mar 28, 2016
I love Hebrew Matthew! It proves Yashua is legal heir to the throne! It makes clear we are not to obey the Pharisees, rather we are to obey Moses. (23:2-3) Of course I know the priesthood is changed, no longer blood sacrifices! Hope I didn't open a can of worms there....but seriously, the version I grew up with would have meant we all must be practicing Judaism. Looks like the Greek crowd would welcome the Hebrew Matt. but oh well, another story alas. nevermind.:)
The Hebrews as those divorced by Christ our husband refused to hear the word of God and replied in Jerimiah 44. "As for the word that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the Lord, we will not hearken unto thee. But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth"...…...as the oral traditions of men which do make the word of God without effect. The Holy Spirit got fed up with them mocking him so in Isaiah he said to them because you mock me I will mock you with what is called stammering lips.

It would appear that he had grown tired of teaching them doctrine just to be usurped by the doctrines of men (oral traditions)

Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little :Isaiah 28:9-10

Again he will speak to these people who mock him. Yet they still refused to hear Him, so he said therefore he will bring newl y inspired prophecy in all the languages of the world no longer in Hebrew alone .It came to pass in Acts 2 as a sign to the unbelieving Jew against them

For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear. Isaiah 28:11-12

Scripture to them because they refused to believe God showed they were under the judgment of God (no mercy ) indicated by falling backward .

But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken. Wherefore hear the word of the Lord, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem. Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves: Isaiah 28:13-15

We simply do not know Christ, the anointing Holy Spirit of God after any man or woman regardless what nation they are from.

K

Karraster

Shamah~Not really sorry I caused you to go off topic, cos that's a lot of good info you've posted.

Indulge me a bit further to say, I've been studying Leviticus again, have to admit I hadn't realized about intentional and unintentional sins. Hadn't given much thought about the sins that warranted the death penalty, against such there were no sacrifices. Imagine what a relief to those of Messiah's time, how Paul tried so hard to get that across. Wow. We're living in exciting times too brother. We have all their history, see all their mistakes. It's up to us to learn from them.

Remember the tiny bit of dough put on the brazen altar? Had the symbolic effect of making the whole lump, the majority remainder holy.

garee, my reply to you:

“I am talking to you Gentiles.
Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles,
I take pride in my ministry in the hope that I
may somehow arouse my own people to envy
and save some of them.
For if their rejection brought reconciliation
to the world,
what will their acceptance be
but life from the dead?

If the part of the dough offered
as firstfruits is holy,
then the whole batch is holy;
if the root is holy,

so are the branches.
-Romans 11:13-16

I think Paul's point, if Yashua is the firstfruits, then the lump from which He came is also holy, the Nation of Israel. What else could it be?

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Not really sorry I caused you to go off topic, cos that's a lot of good info you've posted.

Indulge me a bit further to say, I've been studying Leviticus again, have to admit I hadn't realized about intentional and unintentional sins. Hadn't given much thought about the sins that warranted the death penalty, against such there were no sacrifices. Imagine what a relief to those of Messiah's time, how Paul tried so hard to get that across. Wow. We're living in exciting times too brother. We have all their history, see all their mistakes. It's up to us to learn from them.

Remember the tiny bit of dough put on the brazen altar? Had the symbolic effect of making the whole lump, the majority remainder holy.

“I am talking to you Gentiles.
Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles,
I take pride in my ministry in the hope that I
may somehow arouse my own people to envy
and save some of them.
For if their rejection brought reconciliation
to the world,
what will their acceptance be
but life from the dead?

If the part of the dough offered
as firstfruits is holy,
then the whole batch is holy;
if the root is holy,

so are the branches.
-Romans 11:13-16

I think Paul's point, if Yashua is the firstfruits, then the lump from which He came is also holy, the Nation of Israel. What else could it be?
Without doubt, this is the chapter about gentiles being grafted into Israel and some natural braches being cut out and some remain and some grafted back in, but not to boast against the natural branches as those grafted in can be cut out also... That is what Paul said...

ROm11
Now if the first-fruit is set-apart, the lump is also. And if the root is set-apart, so are the branches. And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, have been grafted in among them, and came to share the root and fatness of the olive tree, do not boast against the branches. And if you boast, remember: you do not bear the root, but the root bears you! You shall say then, “The branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.” Good! By unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by belief. Do not be arrogant, but fear. For if Yah did not spare the natural branches, He might not spare you either. See then the kindness and sharpness of Yah: on those who fell sharpness, but toward you kindness, if you continue in His kindness, otherwise you also shall be cut off. And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, shall be grafted in, for Yah is able to graft them in again.

Im listening to a Biblical podcast right now, they said this exact same passage right when I pasted it...

K

Karraster

Im listening to a Biblical podcast right now, they said this exact same passage right when I pasted it...
Don't that just give you cold chills? love it.

I can't wrap my mind around all the nuances of these things, but I know they are true! You just hold on to those words even when you don't understand it all and some day we will understand! Right? But love is the key. Patience and kindness, and I have always seen a lot of those qualities in you my friend. Even when others say bitter things to you, you always respond in love. I love you man, and I've learned a lot from you.

K

Karraster

Without a doubt, the natural branches will be grafted back. I look forward to that day! Praise Almighty

7seasrekeyed

Ive been saying that all along and he accused me of attacking him...
well of course

ad hominem posts are always an indication that someone is getting to close the actual truth

no worries :geek:

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Don't that just give you cold chills? love it.

I can't wrap my mind around all the nuances of these things, but I know they are true! You just hold on to those words even when you don't understand it all and some day we will understand! Right? But love is the key. Patience and kindness, and I have always seen a lot of those qualities in you my friend. Even when others say bitter things to you, you always respond in love. I love you man, and I've learned a lot from you.
I know the things of Yah are amazing! I sent you message too! praiseYah!

Without a doubt, the natural branches will be grafted back. I look forward to that day! Praise Almighty
I imagine Yah also looks forward to this as reconciliation is joyful and in the kingdom there will be no bad influences... may His will be done!

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
No. The weekly sabbath memorializes the 7th day of creation.
2And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

According to scripture the Sabbath is not memorialized but sanctified. So it is a day set apart for us, sanctified for us.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
2And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

According to scripture the Sabbath is not memorialized but sanctified. So it is a day set apart for us, sanctified for us.
OOops! I thought I was at the end of the conversation when I posted this, and I find there were pages more to read.

And it is certainly profitable reading! Finally, there was the answer to what Hebrews 4 is about, straight and to the point even though there were lots and lots of side issues. Interesting ones.

Back to just the chapter of Hebrews, I think it is a wonderful training chapter in reading scripture. There is the simple keeping the Sabbath and the creation of that day. But as in all scripture there are layers and layers of meaning. In this chapter we are told that the simple instruction was not all to this at all.

Mar 28, 2016
2 Peter 3:8, “But, beloved ones, let not this one matter be hidden from you: that with יהוה one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.”

HERE:

2 Peter 3:8, “But, beloved ones, let not this one matter be hidden from you: that with יהוה one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years is as one day.”

when typing it I missed one of the "is" lol
Is as, is not is is. The word as denotes a parable is in view to represent the signified language that God uses to hide the spiritual meaning from one while revealing it to another. Its also called the hidden mana A thousand years represents an unknow amount of time. Thousand is used in that way through the scriptures . Finding it in most signified book Revelation loaded with parables should not cause a wonder

God is not subject to time restraints and neither does he number men. We walk by faith(the unseen eternal) not by sight ( that seen the temporal)

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Is as, is not is is. The word as denotes a parable is in view to represent the signified language that God uses to hide the spiritual meaning from one while revealing it to another. Its also called the hidden mana A thousand years represents an unknow amount of time. Thousand is used in that way through the scriptures . Finding it in most signified book Revelation loaded with parables should not cause a wonder

God is not subject to time restraints and neither does he number men. We walk by faith(the unseen eternal) not by sight ( that seen the temporal)
Again I made a typing error and put "is" rather than "As is" and im open to it being a allegory/parable, however if we look to the prophets about the "Sun of RIghteousness arising with healing in His wings" and "after 2 days He will raisie us and the 3rd He will revive us" being the 4th, 6th and 7th days and the day for 1,000 years principle and the 7th day being the Sabbath.... I think there is something to that.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013

View attachment 187075

Rev 20:4-6, "And I saw thrones – and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them – and the lives of those who had been beheaded because of the witness they bore to יהושע and because of the Word of the Mighty One, and who did not worship the beast, nor his image, and did not receive his mark upon their foreheads or upon their hands. And they lived and reigned with Messiah for a thousand years and the rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended) – this is the first resurrection. Blessed and set-apart is the one having part in the first resurrection. The second death possesses no authority over these, but they shall be priests of YHWH and of Messiah, and shall reign with Him a thousand years."
Amen. Piggybacking on Shamah's post...

----Year 1 to 1000 of man----

Genesis 2:17
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genesis 5:5
And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

Adam is separated from the garden of Yah and lived 930 years and then died within the 1st millennium of Man; "in the Day" he ate of the forbidden tree.

----Year 1001 to 2000 of man----

Genesis 7:11-12, 19
In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life
, on the seventeenth day of the second month, all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. 12 And the rain fell upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

19 Finally, the waters completely inundated the earth, so that all the high mountains under all the heavens were covered.

Genesis 8:3-4
The waters receded steadily from the earth, and after 150 days the waters had gone down.

4 On the seventeenth day of the seventh month, the ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat. 5 And the waters continued to recede until the tenth month, and on the first day of the tenth month, the tops of the mountains became visible.

Noah was born year 1049 from Adam; his 1st year of life (year of birth IS 1st year of life biblically)...so he was in his 600th year of life in year 1648 from Adam when the flood came. The waters separated from waters again 150 days later, all within the 2nd millennium of Man.

----Year 2001 to 3000 of man----

Genesis 12:1,7
Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

7 And the Lord appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the Lord, who appeared unto him.

Abraham was shown the land in approx. 2067 from Adam and given the promised seed in approx. 2092 from Adam. Jacob is also born 60 years later and grows into the children of Israel sojourning in Egypt over 200 years, all within the 3rd millennium of Man.

----Year 3001 to 4000 of man----

1 Samuel 9:17
17 And when Samuel saw Saul, the Lord said unto him, Behold the man whom I spake to thee of! this same shall reign over my people.

1 Samuel 16:13
13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed [David] in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the Lord came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.

1 Kings 1:39
39 And Zadok the priest took an horn of oil out of the tabernacle, and anointed Solomon. And they blew the trumpet; and all the people said, God save king Solomon.

Luke 2:1-2, 6-7
Now in those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. 2 This was the first census to take place whilea Quirinius was governor of Syria. 3 And everyone went to his own town to register.

6 While they were there, the time came for her Child to be born. 7 And she gave birth to her firstborn, a Son. She wrapped Him in swaddling cloths and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

Saul, David, Solomon, and the rest of the kings of the divided kingdom, the prophets, and The Messiah (as shown in Shamah's chart) all appeared within the 4th millennium.

[The rest of my post is what I personally infer based on the established pattern. Two millennia have passed since the events of the 4th millennium, and Yah has been fulfilling each theme of creation week within the very "day" it was written in Genesis 1. So the events of the 5th and 6th days had to have been fulfilled in the last 2000 years.]

----Year 4001 to 5000 of man----
----Year 1 CE to 1000 CE (approx. time change)----

Revelation 13:1
13 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

A beast is a kingdom (explain in Daniel 7:17). So which kingdom arose in the 5th millennium of man, from a mixture of nations and cultures, that had the entire world marveling after it worshiping, possessing the blasphemous title of "Holy", that led Jews into captivity and killed them and scattered them, which received a deadly wound but that was healed/revived later on?

[...The beasts of the sea were then commanded to be "fruitful and multiply...every creature of its kind". And so this has.]

----Year 5001 to 6000 of man----
----Year 1001 CE to 2000 CE (approx.)----

Revelation 13:11
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

A beast is a kingdom (explain in Daniel 7:17). So which kingdom had to arise in the 6th millennium of man, from a wilderness, that has two horns (extremes) of rule authority, presents itself like a gentile lamb but speaks against Yah's ways, that first had the power to give life to the image (i.e. animate the picture), power to call fire down from heaven (i.e. fire power), which received the world ruling leadership of the first beast, controls global economy, causes its enemies should be killed?

[...The beasts of the earth were then commanded to be "fruitful and multiply...every creature of its kind". And so this has.]

----Year 6001 to 7000 of man----
----Year 2001 CE to 3000 CE (approx.)----

Revelation 20:1-4
And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshiped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

The Sabbath Rest is the millennium reign of Christ. I believe this will begin very soon, "even at the doors".