What is the meaning of life??

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zeroturbulence

Senior Member
Aug 2, 2009
25,339
4,966
113
What is the meaning of life? The christian answer is usually "to glorify God", but will glorifying God satisfy our earthly longings and desires? Will we feel content glorifying God even if we never get to know what its like to be in love or to raise children or to have someone (another human) there for you when you're crumbling or when nothing but a tender loving touch will soothe the pain and emptiness in your soul? Pain and emptiness that is there as a product of living in a world full of strangers and people who have their own lives to worry about.

I'm thinking maybe life has a deeper meaning... or maybe it doesn't. I don't know, maybe I'm just crazy but I think I'm probably going to miss out on the biggest purpose of them all.. to "be fruitful and multiply". Ask anyone who's advanced in years and I think they will tell you that the most important thing in life is to be able to spend time with your loved ones. Could it be that life's true meaning is to make a family and learn to grow in love? Once again its probably just my crazy thinking..

View attachment 70186