What is the Narrow Path?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What is the Narrow Path?

• The Narrow Path is believeing inYahshua/Jesus and what He did

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • The Narrow Path is doing what Yahshua/Jesus taught.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • The Narrow Path is believeing in Him and doing what He taught.

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
Dec 12, 2013
No man comes unto the Father but by me....the narrow path is Jesus by faith through grace.....It pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe!

Sep 3, 2016
"Difficult is the way that many will be eliminated" that leads to eternal hellfire. Why? Remember the gate is Jesus (John 10:1).
Jesus said: "And He said to them all, If any man will come after Me (the criteria for Discipleship), and take up his cross daily, and follow Me (Christ can be followed only by the Believer looking to the Cross, understanding what it accomplished, and by that means alone [Rom. 6:3-5, 11, 14; 8:1-2, 11; 1 Cor. 1:17-18, 21, 23; 2:2; Gal. 6:14; Eph. 2:13-18; Col. 2:14-15]). "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it (try to live one's life outside of Christ and the Cross): but whosoever will lose his life for My sake, the same shall save it (when we place our Faith entirely in Christ and the Cross, looking exclusively to Him, we have just found 'more abundant life' [John 10:10" (Lk. 9:23-24).

Jesus as well said: "And whosoever does not bear his Cross, and come after Me, cannot be My Disciple (the statement is emphatic! If if's not Faith in the Cross of Christ, then it's faith that God will not recognize, which means that such people are refused [Rom. 6:3-14; 8:1-2, 11; 1 Cor. 1:17-18, 21, 23; 2:2; Gal. 6:14; Eph. 2:13-18; Col. 2:14-15])" (Lk. 14:27).

The only way to God is through Jesus Christ (John 14:6).
The only way to Jesus Christ is through the Cross (Lk. 14:27).
The only way to the Cross is denial of self (Lk. 9:23).

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Jesus said: "And He said to them all, If any man will come after Me (the criteria for Discipleship), and take up his cross daily, and follow Me (Christ can be followed only by the Believer looking to the Cross, understanding what it accomplished, and by that means alone [Rom. 6:3-5, 11, 14; 8:1-2, 11; 1 Cor. 1:17-18, 21, 23; 2:2; Gal. 6:14; Eph. 2:13-18; Col. 2:14-15]). "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it (try to live one's life outside of Christ and the Cross): but whosoever will lose his life for My sake, the same shall save it (when we place our Faith entirely in Christ and the Cross, looking exclusively to Him, we have just found 'more abundant life' [John 10:10" (Lk. 9:23-24).

Jesus as well said: "And whosoever does not bear his Cross, and come after Me, cannot be My Disciple (the statement is emphatic! If if's not Faith in the Cross of Christ, then it's faith that God will not recognize, which means that such people are refused [Rom. 6:3-14; 8:1-2, 11; 1 Cor. 1:17-18, 21, 23; 2:2; Gal. 6:14; Eph. 2:13-18; Col. 2:14-15])" (Lk. 14:27).

The only way to God is through Jesus Christ (John 14:6).
The only way to Jesus Christ is through the Cross (Lk. 14:27).
The only way to the Cross is denial of self (Lk. 9:23).
Wonderful post.

Do you agree that self denial is denying our will and doing His will?

kaijo

Jul 31, 2017
I say its B - The Narrow Path is doing what Yahshua/Jesus taught.

Coz He teaches us to believe in Him.

You cannot do what He taught, and not believe in Him. Otherwise you are not doing what He taught.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
I say its B - The Narrow Path is doing what Yahshua/Jesus taught.

Coz He teaches us to believe in Him.

You cannot do what He taught, and not believe in Him. Otherwise you are not doing what He taught.
I agree 100%.. By THIS we know...

Matthew 10:37-39, “He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me, and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 “And he who does not take up his stake and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 “He who has found his life shall lose it, and he that has lost his life for My sake shall find it.”

1 Yahanan /John 2:3-7, “And by this we know that we know Him, if we guard His commands. The one who says, “I know Him,” and does not guard His commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever guards His Word, truly the love of Yah has been perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. The one who says he stays in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked. Beloved, I write no fresh command to you, but an old command which you have had from the beginning. The old command is the Word which you heard from the beginning.”

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
The narrow path is that which leads to the foot of the Cross where the Blood of Christ covers the lost sinner. Anything to the left or to the right of that is the broad way which leadeth to destruction.

On the broad way you'll meet Confucius, Mohammed, Buddha, Joseph Smith, the Pope, Mary Baker Eddy, Jimmy Swaggart, and so many other false teachers--blind leaders of the blind.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Mat 7:13-14, “Enter in through the narrow gate! Because the gate is wide – and the way is broad – that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter in through it. Because the gate is narrow and the way is hard pressed which leads to life, and there are few who find it.”

a. The Narrow Path is believeing in Yahshua/Jesus and what He did.

b. The Narrow Path is doing what Yahshua/Jesus taught.

c. The Narrow Path is believeing in Him and doing what He taught.

d .Other (please explain)
Narrow path in this verse is an expretion from Jesus that not easy to go to heaven. Is not easy because one must obey His instruction.

M

Miri

It’s a big thing to become a Christian. It means having to acknowledge
you are a sinful person. It means acknowledging that you are not all that
great after all. It means you have to let go of self sufficiency, pride.
It means you come to a place of humbleness and turn to a higher power
than you. It means realising the world does not revolve around you.

It’s a realisation that you cannot do anything to save yourself.
It’s a deep conviction that there is a God who cares for you.
The realisation that you are being drawn, woed, nudged towards
the Heavenly Father. A turning towards Him and turning away from
your own little world.

That’s why many never find the narrow road. Many people are not willing
to even acknowledge there is a God, let alone admit they need a saviour.
We live in a society obsessed with self worth, self sufficient, self made,
self image.

It takes a massive change of mind set to understand its not all about us.
That’s why it’s all His Work and none of ours. In and of ourselves we would
never seek God.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Thank you for the replies, I personally go with "c. The Narrow Path is believeing in Him and doing what He taught."

Also I would like to hear more views on thius matter, as this seems to be an important issuse since Yahshua/Jesus says "Because the gate is narrow and the way is hard pressed which leads to life, and there are few who find it.”
I have another view: Those that go in both gates are regenerated children of God. Those that go in the strait gate are those that are diligently seeking the truth of Jesus's doctrine and there are few that find it. The only way they find it is by the revelation of the Holy Spirit within them, because there be few that find "it". "it" being the church that Jesus set up when he was on earth. The "life" is not eternal life, but that good and peaceful life that God has promised us here on earth that is full of joy. The life where there is no fear, but love and a sound mind. Those regenerated children of God that go into the wide gate are those that have not found the doctrine of Christ and are going about to establish their own righteousness, you will witness some of those in Romans 10.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Narrow path in this verse is an expretion from Jesus that not easy to go to heaven. Is not easy because one must obey His instruction.
I agree that the inspired scriptures are written instructions, written to God's regenerated children, but if we do not follow the instructions 100%, we are not going to hell because he is a God of mercy and will forgive us when we repent.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
It’s a big thing to become a Christian. It means having to acknowledge
you are a sinful person. It means acknowledging that you are not all that
great after all. It means you have to let go of self sufficiency, pride.
It means you come to a place of humbleness and turn to a higher power
than you. It means realising the world does not revolve around you.

It’s a realisation that you cannot do anything to save yourself.
It’s a deep conviction that there is a God who cares for you.
The realisation that you are being drawn, woed, nudged towards
the Heavenly Father. A turning towards Him and turning away from
your own little world.

That’s why many never find the narrow road. Many people are not willing
to even acknowledge there is a God, let alone admit they need a saviour.
We live in a society obsessed with self worth, self sufficient, self made,
self image.

It takes a massive change of mind set to understand its not all about us.
That’s why it’s all His Work and none of ours. In and of ourselves we would
never seek God.
Good post! Very true!

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
I agree that the inspired scriptures are written instructions, written to God's regenerated children, but if we do not follow the instructions 100%, we are not going to hell because he is a God of mercy and will forgive us when we repent.
I do not believe we are perfect, but we learn to follow His instruction daily ups and Down, I believe AS long AS we have a Will to learn though not perfect, we go to heaven.

Let say If we were killer, and rapist. We repent not kill anymore not rape anymore, but after 10 years we may rape than fill Sorry of what we do and not rape anymore for 5 years, than for some Easton we do It again but repent again. I believe He Will forgive us.

But If we are rapist and repent for a month, then do It again every week, I believe we go to hell.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I do not believe we are perfect, but we learn to follow His instruction daily ups and Down, I believe AS long AS we have a Will to learn though not perfect, we go to heaven.

Let say If we were killer, and rapist. We repent not kill anymore not rape anymore, but after 10 years we may rape than fill Sorry of what we do and not rape anymore for 5 years, than for some Easton we do It again but repent again. I believe He Will forgive us.

But If we are rapist and repent for a month, then do It again every week, I believe we go to hell.
It is dangerous to try to establish who is and who is not. Remember, Christ washed "those he died for" as white as snow and God remembers their sin no more (as far as eternal life is concerned).

Sep 14, 2018
Mat 7:13-14, “Enter in through the narrow gate! Because the gate is wide – and the way is broad – that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter in through it. Because the gate is narrow and the way is hard pressed which leads to life, and there are few who find it.”

a. The Narrow Path is believeing in Yahshua/Jesus and what He did.

b. The Narrow Path is doing what Yahshua/Jesus taught.

c. The Narrow Path is believeing in Him and doing what He taught.

d .Other (please explain)

Ir is interesting to note that the word translated "broad" is a Greek word related to geography which is "plain". A plain is very flat usually covered with grass. It is very easy to go in any direction chosen with no resistance. And the wide gate makes it easy to enter the plain. This way is the kind of living that allows a person to do anything they want and it leads to death, i.e. separation from God.

On the other hand, the word "narrow" comes from the same Greek root word related to geography which is "canyon". When you enter a canyon you are forced into a narrow way with walls on either side that get higher as you go. You have NO choice of direction and often the way can be awkward and even dangerous.

The other word of interest in your chosen translation is translated "hard pressed". This is better than the KJV translation of "straight". This word comes from the same Greek word translated "tribulation" which comes from a verb meaning "to press upon". This Greek word is translated tribulation, affliction, persecution, suffering, pain, and trouble NONE of which are accurate. This Greek word is all about pressure.

The narrow way is not only a restricting and confining way of life but it is a way of pressure. God puts His people under pressure to force them to make choices. As people grow in Christ their choices will reflect their growth as maturity.

The narrow way of pressure is the only way to a true life found in God.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
It is dangerous to try to establish who is and who is not. Remember, Christ washed "those he died for" as white as snow and God remembers their sin no more (as far as eternal life is concerned).
Yep If one repent, He Will forgive

Do you believe If rapist keep rape though he believe that Jesus God go to heaven? I am not establish who go to hell but the bible is

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
John 14:23-26, “יהושע answered him, “If anyone loves Me, he shall guard My Word. And My Father shall love him, and We shall come to him and make Our stay with him. He who does not love Me does not guard My Words. And the Word which you hear is not Mine but of the Father Who sent Me. These Words I have spoken to you while still with you. But the Helper, the Set-apart Spirit, whom the Father shall send in My Name, He shall teach you all, and remind you of all that I said to you.”

John 8:51 “Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone guards My Word he shall never see death at all.”

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
I have another view: Those that go in both gates are regenerated children of God. Those that go in the strait gate are those that are diligently seeking the truth of Jesus's doctrine and there are few that find it. The only way they find it is by the revelation of the Holy Spirit within them, because there be few that find "it". "it" being the church that Jesus set up when he was on earth. The "life" is not eternal life, but that good and peaceful life that God has promised us here on earth that is full of joy. The life where there is no fear, but love and a sound mind. Those regenerated children of God that go into the wide gate are those that have not found the doctrine of Christ and are going about to establish their own righteousness, you will witness some of those in Romans 10.
WOuld you consider "establishing one's own righteousness" as:

Follow the Messiah or A person making their own way and calling it religion? Or something else?

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Ir is interesting to note that the word translated "broad" is a Greek word related to geography which is "plain". A plain is very flat usually covered with grass. It is very easy to go in any direction chosen with no resistance. And the wide gate makes it easy to enter the plain. This way is the kind of living that allows a person to do anything they want and it leads to death, i.e. separation from God.

On the other hand, the word "narrow" comes from the same Greek root word related to geography which is "canyon". When you enter a canyon you are forced into a narrow way with walls on either side that get higher as you go. You have NO choice of direction and often the way can be awkward and even dangerous.

The other word of interest in your chosen translation is translated "hard pressed". This is better than the KJV translation of "straight". This word comes from the same Greek word translated "tribulation" which comes from a verb meaning "to press upon". This Greek word is translated tribulation, affliction, persecution, suffering, pain, and trouble NONE of which are accurate. This Greek word is all about pressure.

The narrow way is not only a restricting and confining way of life but it is a way of pressure. God puts His people under pressure to force them to make choices. As people grow in Christ their choices will reflect their growth as maturity.

The narrow way of pressure is the only way to a true life found in God.
Thank you you for the wonderful reply, I see you seek the truth of the word! praise Yah!

I think most if not all of the pressure comes from this "firey trial" we are under here on earth:

James 1:12-18, “Blessed is the man who does endure trial, for when he has been proved, he shall receive the crown of life which the Master has promised to those who love Him. Let no one say when he is enticed, “I am enticed by Yah,” for Yah is not enticed by evil matters, and He entices no one. But each one is enticed when he is drawn away by his own desires and trapped. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin. And sin, when it has been accomplished, brings forth death. Do not go astray, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of light, with whom there is no change, nor shadow of turning. Having purposed it, He brought us forth by the Word of truth, for us to be a kind of first-fruits of His creatures.”

1 Peter 4:12-19, “Beloved ones, do not be surprised at the fiery trial that is coming upon you, to try you, as though some unusual matter has befallen you, but as you share Messiah’s sufferings, rejoice, in order that you might rejoice exultingly at the revelation of His esteem. If you are reproached for the Name of Messiah, you are blessed, because the Spirit of esteem and of Yah rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is praised. For do not let any of you suffer as a murderer, or thief, or doer of evil, or as a meddler. But if one suffers being of Messiah, let him not be ashamed, but let him esteem Yah in this matter. Because it is time for judgment to begin from the House of Yah. And if firstly from us, what is the end of those who do not obey the Good News of Yah? And if the righteous one is scarcely saved, where shall the wicked and the sinner appear? So then, those who suffer according to the desire of Yah should commit their lives to a trustworthy Creator, in doing good."

and may we hold fast to YHWH that we may be strengthened to walk His path!

Psalm 63:1, “O Mighty One, You are my Strength; I earnestly seek You; My being has thirsted for You; My flesh has longed for You In a dry and thirsty land without water.”

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
So how much obedience does it take? Where do you draw the line in the sand and say that you were "obedient enough" so now you will go to heaven? How many of us are "perfectly" obedient? :unsure: What were His instructions on receiving eternal life?

John 3:15 - that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. 18 He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 6:40 - For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

John 10:9 - I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

The gate to heaven is “narrow” in the sense of having a particular requirement for entrance -- faith in Jesus Christ. Salvation is found only in the Person of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the only way (John 14:6). The “wide” gate allows for human effort and all other of the world’s religions that teach salvation by works.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
I voted "The Narrow Path is believeing in Him and doing what He taught.".

Because the truth is, if you claim to believe in someone or something, but dont do as they say, you are making a false claim. This is not only biblical truth, this is also secular truth.

Here is one of MANY MANY MANY verses in the Bible that prove my answer to be correct:

1John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.