1 Peter 3:15 tells us to always be ready to give an answer to those who ask us concerning the hope that lies within us. How would or do you answer?
I think often our righteous suffering ends up being a point of interest to unbelievers. If our behavior is truly to glorify God in the face of personal suffering, it is so obviously different than the normal responses they see and expect, it tends to stand out. The incongruity of a loving response as compared to their usual and expected response can pique interest. Our death to self serving as an impetus for life in them.In the NKJV it reads a bit differently when it's set within the context:
"And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.
"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;
having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed."
It seems that this is most important when we are opposed for our righteous conduct.
I first discern the intent of the one who asks me the questions: are the genuinely curious or do they have an agenda? From there, I might have a brief conversation or a long one. If they are sincere, I always leave it open for them to ask more questions. For the doubters, I might ask "What would convince you that God is real?"
1 Peter 3:15 tells us to always be ready to give an answer to those who ask us concerning the hope that lies within us. How would or do you answer?
First of all, I thank The Father and His Son, for The Holy Spirit and for their redemptive work with us to do the work of the plan of our eternal salvation for our lives through Jesus Christ., but being prayerful to contend, to do His will all the days of our lives.1 Peter 3:15 tells us to always be ready to give an answer to those who ask us concerning the hope that lies within us. How would or do you answer?
Awesome. Thanks for sharing.I would tell them about Jesus Christ and His hopeful mission and words.
Amen. Thanks for sharing.First of all, I thank The Father and His Son, for The Holy Spirit and for their redemptive work with us to do the work of the plan of our eternal salvation for our lives through Jesus Christ., but being prayerful to contend, to do His will all the days of our lives.
Love, Walter and Debbie
Excellent. Thanks for sharing.No one has really asked me this question. If asked, I would just tell them this is where God wants me to be right now. I would also give a few examples, showing that in hindsight everything has made sense so far.
From the Amplified version:1 Peter 3:15 tells us to always be ready to give an answer to those who ask us concerning the hope that lies within us. How would or do you answer?
Thanks for sharing.From the Amplified version:
1 Peter 3:15 But in your hearts set Christ apart [as holy—acknowledging Him, giving Him first place in your lives] as Lord. Always be ready to give a [logical] defense to anyone who asks you to account for the hope and confident assurance [elicited by faith] that is within you, yet [do it] with gentleness and respect.
I believe if we hold the Lord Jesus Christ in our hearts in the position He should hold ... that of first priority ... in honor and reverent respect and adoration ... trusting Him to guide us in the face of those who seek our harm (vs 13) and as we go through the afflictions of this life (vs 14), we will always be ready to give an answer to those who ask us concerning the hope that lies within us.
I want everyone to know the Lord Jesus Christ for it is only in Him that we have peace and rest in this life ... and hope for that life on new heaven/new earth which is promised.
According to 1 Peter 3:18, the Lord Jesus Christ suffered that he might bring us to God ... and that is where we find fullness of joy.
Psalm 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
.
No love quenching here. Thanks for sharing.Prov 13: 12
Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life.
It's by design that the hebrew for 'desire," avah, is only one letter (that is representative of the breath) away from 'love,' havah.
So, love is the reason, a love that all the hate of the world cannot quench.
It depends on the person I am talking to. We may be talking about science and the universe; then, I share my belief in the Creator. If they disbelieve Jesus' resurrection, I tell them about the way God convinced me at the age of 16 that Jesus rose from the dead.1 Peter 3:15 tells us to always be ready to give an answer to those who ask us concerning the hope that lies within us. How would or do you answer?
Thanks for sharing.It depends on the person I am talking to. We may be talking about science and the universe; then, I share my belief in the Creator. If they disbelieve Jesus' resurrection, I tell them about the way God convinced me at the age of 16 that Jesus rose from the dead.
What is it about those verses do you believe appeals to the lost?i refer people to John 3:33, 1st John 5:10 & 13 & Romans 8:16.
i want to keep that private because i may be speaking at churches as a guest speaker soon when i retire which may be in the next month.What is it about those verses do you believe appeals to the lost?
Fair enough. Thanks again.i want to keep that private because i may be speaking at churches as a guest speaker soon when i retire which may be in the next month.