What is the value and ordinance of communion?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

enril

Well-known member
Aug 18, 2024
1,197
647
113
17
I have come into question, as I understand that it is a symbol, but it says in my study bible that it is not intended to be taken as a ritual or rite, which I understand, but if it is not a ritual, what is it? I don't understand enough to even fully understand my own question, tbh.
(and there's a reason it's not in BDF, I've asked questions like that before, but they always turn into debates about my salvation status, not answers.)
 
I just spent 1/2 hour defining terms. Communion is an ordinance (requirement) in some churches. It involves a particular set of steps (ritual) to appropriately complete the process (rite).

(Phewww)... For some, it is an essential practice of their faith. For others it is a symbolic act of faith. So I think ultimately it depends.... How's that?