What is the will of God ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It won't guarantee happiness, but it will make my life a LOT more enjoyable.
It does seem to be something you imagine to be true without knowing for a fact first hand.

Owing such a fleet of cars would no doubt require a lot of care and attention from you, not to mention finances.

Perhaps you have not quite come to the point of realizing that our possessions have a tendency to possess us.

It could be that God is sparing you (and others) a lot of heartache by denying you the fulfillment of this desire.

Would you even be able to afford such a fleet of automobiles?

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
So we are supposed to become poor then ?
In all the right ways . . . yes.

Psalm 51:17 NLT - "The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit. You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God."

Psalm 72:12 NLT - "He will rescue the poor when they cry to him; he will help the oppressed, who have no one to defend them."

Matthew 19:24 NLT - "I'll say it again--it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!"

I shared the Gospel with you, that you must seek a Circumcised Heart, but you seem to have disregarded it.

The physical ircumcision of Abraham represents Spiritual Circumcumcision of Heart, and you seem to have rejected this teaching that I gave to you. Therefore . . .

Genesis 17:14 KJV - "And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant."

The reason why people are to be removed from "his people" is that they have refused to Turn to Christ and change their ways. When a person refused physical circumcision, it was like refusing the water baptism of today. How will that work for God if we say that His water baptism is ridiculous?

I recommend that you stop messing around with God and begin to understand what True Fear of the Lord is all about. I will say that it doesn't seem that you really believe God is real, for if you did, you would have a completely different outlook on your life.

R

RaceBoy

Would you even be able to afford such a fleet of automobiles?
My intention is to use motor racing to accumulate the wealth to pay for these cars.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
My intention is to use motor racing to accumulate the wealth to pay for these cars.
Do you currently race cars as a means of raising capital?

R

RaceBoy

In all the right ways . . . yes.

Psalm 51:17 NLT - "The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit. You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God."

Psalm 72:12 NLT - "He will rescue the poor when they cry to him; he will help the oppressed, who have no one to defend them."

Matthew 19:24 NLT - "I'll say it again--it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!"

I shared the Gospel with you, that you must seek a Circumcised Heart, but you seem to have disregarded it.

The physical ircumcision of Abraham represents Spiritual Circumcumcision of Heart, and you seem to have rejected this teaching that I gave to you. Therefore . . .

Genesis 17:14 KJV - "And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant."

The reason why people are to be removed from "his people" is that they have refused to Turn to Christ and change their ways. When a person refused physical circumcision, it was like refusing the water baptism of today. How will that work for God if we say that His water baptism is ridiculous?

I recommend that you stop messing around with God and begin to understand what True Fear of the Lord is all about. I will say that it doesn't seem that you really believe God is real, for if you did, you would have a completely different outlook on your life.
OK mate have YOU yourself sold everything that you've owned ? If so then how are you posting up here ? I don't mean to be offensive or anything but i don't think its fair that can say all these things and even accuse me of not being a christian, but yet i don't believe your following your own words. I never once said i wouldn't help people or selfishly hoard all of my wealth. In fact if i do get rich one day (I hope so) most of my money would go back into the community and helping/serving, spreading the word of God, etc. All i would do is take 10 percent of say 10 million (which should be 1 million) for me to enjoy myself, while the rest would be going towards doing what's right. last time i checked its not a sin to have money, just look a king Solomon.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Not at the moment but i intend to in the near future if things work out.
How immersed in this life-style are you currently? Like, do you hang out at race tracks, or with people who race cars for a living? Are you in any ways ingratiating yourself into their good books, or is this all to this point the machinations of your inner fantasy life?

Thank you for answering my questions :D I have to go out for a while; see you later! :)

R

RaceBoy

How immersed in this life-style are you currently? Like, do you hang out at race tracks, or with people who race cars for a living? Are you in any ways ingratiating yourself into their good books, or is this all to this point the machinations of your inner fantasy life?

I have to go out for a while; see you later! :)
As of right now i can't do much so its mostly in my head (cuz i can't get a driver's license because of car insurance which i have to pay by myself) However we may be moving soon and the place we are gonna move to has a race track like 30 minutes (verses 2 hours in each direction from where i live currently) away from the where we wanna live. I gonna start with k1 speed go karts (which pays $15000 assuming before taxes if i win the championship) before moving on to real cars (formula cars, rally cars,etc).

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
OK mate have YOU yourself sold everything that you've owned ?
Just about all of it. I sold my house so that I could use the profits to help and benefit others. My entire life over the last 4 years has been dedicated to the service of others. I no longer live for myself, but I Live for God as I "feed His Sheep."

I'm sorry that you find the scripture of God to be offensive. At least we now know your heart.

R

RaceBoy

Just about all of it. I sold my house so that I could use the profits to help and benefit others. My entire life over the last 4 years has been dedicated to the service of others. I no longer live for myself, but I Live for God as I "feed His Sheep."
SO you're telling me you live in an rv (which is something i've consider doing) right now on your laptop or phone that has access to wifi that your not paying for, (unless its free wifi) with no way of transportation (gas, car insurance, or even a car/truck) ? I'm not saying that its impossible, I'm saying that i don't think God is really expecting us to be sell everything we own. i think that only applies to certain people or to no one at all since the world we live in requires some kind of money.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
SO you're telling me you live in an rv (which is something i've consider doing) right now on your laptop or phone that has access to wifi that your not paying for, (unless its free wifi) with no way of transportation (gas, car insurance, or even a car/truck) ? I'm not saying that its impossible, I'm saying that i don't think God is really expecting us to be sell everything we own. i think that only applies to certain people or to no one at all since the world we live in requires some kind of money.
As of three months ago, I now have cancer and need something more solid than the popup trailer that I lived in for 28 months. No toilet; no shower. I am on the Broadband Benefit program that offers free internet.

You can argue all you want, but if Jesus were here and He told me to ditch everything I owned, including every piece of clothing that I owned that I was not wearing, I'd do it.

But you're missing the point. God is after your heart . . . and all that you are doing is arguing. I'm not going to fight and argue with you. I am here to give answers to people who are mature enough to handle the answers. I'll move along.

Take care.

Nov 26, 2012
I like cars so I want the cars that I want (McLaren Senna, 2017 GT40, Porsche Carrera gt,etc) and you're right cars are earthly things but what else do we have here ? And how are cars a distraction ? And go for a test drive but but buy them ? You make zero sense at all, and definitely know nothing about car culture. And no I don't worship cars, although I do have a desire for them.
You’re correct I know nothing about car culture. I don’t even know what those cars look like.

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
I gonna assume because it's earthly things that God wouldn't want me to store up on cars. As for my reasons of 10 or more cars it's really cuz there's multiple cars that I like and want to drive/own, I don't actually need all those cars though.
Well, earthly treasures are not usually for "storing up" to Christians. You don't ever actually own anything that you own, we're really just stewards of God's property. In my opinion, I don't think you'd get 10 cars just so that you have something sweet to look at when you walk out into your garage, or so that you have such a variety that you can match your car to your sneakers (or to how many mph you feel like going over the speed limit;)) on any given day.
I think if a Christian is ever given excess wealth, it's so that we can do something god wants us to do, or to be a blessing to others. Otherwise wealth becomes an idol, and we'd just be better off poor. (I'm pretty sure LK 18:22 applies specifically to that man Jesus was talking to- and would apply to anyone who would not give up their wealth to follow Jesus. God doesn't require us to be poor.)

You're obviously really passionate about cars, and I don't believe we have our earthly interests for no reason. The Lord might want to use that passion for something he wants to do, and if you seek him out, you could possibly end up with more cars than you even want to deal with.
Now, you said "cars have nothing to do with god". But, the Lord is the God of everything, and "everything" includes cars. Do you really think he has no interest? I'm convinced that if there is something going on here on earth, God is interested. And I think if his children are interested in what he wants, he will be interested in what they want too. That's not to say that he would never test you to see if you love your cars more than him- that's probably guaranteed to happen; but, I wouldn't expect your pursuits of your interests to blessed if it's something you separate from your relationship with god.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I've been thinking about this for a while now and I'm wondering what exactly does the God want us to do ? I've read verses (correct me if I'm wrong) about how only those who do the will of God will enter into heaven, and then I've got other people (and verses) saying just believe and confess and you'll be saved. However this is but the only thing that bothers me. The main thing is if I can live my life (not sinning of course) the way I want to, while doing things (I think) God would approve of (feeding the poor, spreading the gospel/reading the Bible,etc). This may be a hard question but if y'all have an answer I would like to hear.
Believe Jesus.. And trust in the Atonement the LORD Jesus secured for the forgiveness of your sins on the cross..

That's the will of God for us as far as salvation goes..

Now when we are indwelled by the Holy Spirit we shall desire to do some good works.. Does not mean we shall have a ton of good works but the Holy Spirit will move us to do something.. Some will give emotional support to people who are down.. Some will donate material things giving charity to those who do not have material things.. Some will share the message of the gospel to others.. Some will raise Children well informed about the will of God.. And there are more areas of works..

But never ever think you salvation depends on your performance in doing works.. Works salvation thinking is the rejection of the true Gospel of salvation by the Atonement of the LORD Jesus Christ.. We are saved by what Jesus did for us.. We are not saved by the things we do for God or the things we do for others..

May 23, 2020
I've been thinking about this for a while now and I'm wondering what exactly does the God want us to do ? I've read verses (correct me if I'm wrong) about how only those who do the will of God will enter into heaven, and then I've got other people (and verses) saying just believe and confess and you'll be saved. However this is but the only thing that bothers me. The main thing is if I can live my life (not sinning of course) the way I want to, while doing things (I think) God would approve of (feeding the poor, spreading the gospel/reading the Bible,etc). This may be a hard question but if y'all have an answer I would like to hear.
As I walk with Christ now, I find that God is not satisfied with living life the way we want to live, even if he try our best to do it by his law. He's not satisfied for our sake. In order to live the successful live that God wants you to live (success not in terms of material things, but achieving the purpose for which God has called you), you have to listen and surrender to him step by step. To be honest, you have to ask. yourself the question, is the life you want best for you? I find that God asks us to do uncomfortable things because we don't see the best thing that we NEED. Doing those things is good. Reading your bible, sharing the gospel, not sinning, etc. is real good. But you won't get far unless you surrender further to Him.

May 23, 2020
I don't want a kingdom I just want to enjoy my life. But you're right though as cars have nothing to do with God, which is why I don't think God really wants me to have that (something that makes me happy).
1) I think you need to reevaluate IF this is God speaking to you saying that he doesn't want you to race. Ask God for confirmation. He's good like that lol. The hard part is that if he confirms that it is him, you're gonna have to obey. But there's grace through prayer for that too.
2) You have to judge the place cars take in your life. Is it an idol? People use this term a lot, but all it talks about is are you putting cars in the position God should be in? God is not against cars. I don't believe it has to have God in it for you to enjoy it. It's not a bad thing inheritantly. But you have to be careful not to let this become God so much so that it demands your time, your thoughts, your heart, and your life.
3) In the case that it is God, which to be honest, it just might be. But if it is though, I want to encourage you with this statement. God is big enough, to fill the hole that giving up cars will leave behind. He will sustain you and love you. He will fill you and make you whole. It's his beautiful way of showing us that he is our everything. He can be if we let him. And if you let him, he will be everything to you.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
What is the will of God?

In the Gospel of Thomas, an Apocrypha book, Jesus tells us “The Kingdom of the Father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it.”

“If those who lead you say to you, ‘See, the Kingdom is in the sky,’ then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, ‘It is in the sea,’ then the fish will precede you. Rather, the Kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you.”

I believe the will of God is all that transpires in his creation.
And we who are his are to navigate it using the tools our faith and God's anointing provides us.

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:1–2)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
But what about the ones who say "just believe and do what is right and you can live your life"? They make it seem like u can live my life the way I want as long as I believe and don't sin.
What is the problem if you are not sinning??? :oops::unsure::geek: