Originally Posted by
Hizikyah
If fulfill means "done away" then why did He say twice "I DID NOT COME TO DESTROY" ????
Mattithyah 5:17, "
Do not even think that I have come to destroy the Law or the Prophets;
I have not come to destroy them, but to fulfill/establish them."
Most people quit reading at "
Do not even think"
And I believe He knew people would misuse His words that is why He said twice "I did not come to destroy." Then He continued to make it very clear:
Mattithyah 5:18, "For truly I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh--the smallest of the letters--will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."
Did heaven and earth pass? I will wait while you look out your window............NO? Ok so then according the Yahshua nothing from the Law has passed.
Why would one be called great to teach something that is CALLED BY SOME "a curse" and"done away"?????????
Mattithyah 5:19, "Whosoever, therefore, will break one of the least of these Laws, and will teach men so, he will be called the least in the Kingdom of Yahweh; but whosoever will do and teach them, the same will be called great in the Kingdom of Yahweh."
2 Timothy 4:3-4, "For the time will come when gthey will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts they will heap to themselves teachers, who will tickle their ears; (telling them what they want to hear.) And they will turn away their ears from the truth, and will be turned to fables."
The truth is plainly written in front of them yet they turn to fables...
"
Do not even think that I have come to destroy the Law"
Luke 16:17, "But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one yodh of the Law to fail."
Daniyl 7:25, "And
he will speak great words against Yahweh, and will
wear out the saints of Yahweh, and
think to change
times and Laws..."
1 Timothy 4:1-2, "Now the Spirit speaks very plainly, that in the latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons Speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their conscience seared as with a hot iron."
"seducing spirits and doctrines of demons" "having their conscience seared as with a hot iron"
I think these people dont even feel bad for their transgressions...
Where did I say Yahshua has not ratified a covenant from Yahweh in His blood? Or is that your way of changing the subject of my post to ignore it?
Also I addressed what Yahweh would offer His people in a prior post and this new/renewed covenant matches all the words of the Messiah.
Yeremyah 31:33, "After those days, says Yahweh: I will put My Law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; minds, and I will be their Father, and they will be My people."
8451. torah
torah: direction, instruction, law
Original Word: תּוֹרָה
Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
Transliteration: torah
Phonetic Spelling: (to-raw')
Short Definition: law