The flesh is against the law. Walk in the spirit and you will not do the works of the flesh which violate the law. Simple.
I would word it differently. Because the flesh cannot be subject to the law, causes a schism between God and that person. If the law is Spiritual and holy it helps us to walk in the Spirit if we are saved, knowing that we are not justified by the works thereof. Now that we both believe in Christ, we both know this truth. I don't think we are talking to unbelievers here, so how do we edify each other by quoting good and Spiritual things out of the Word? That question is rhetorical.
Romans 8:7 (KJV)
[SUP]7 [/SUP]Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Now if we look at the other side of this verse we can say the Spiritual mind is not enmity against God, and can be subject to the law because it's possible, not by the flesh or the physical, but by the Spirit.
Zechariah 4:2-6 (KJV)
[SUP]2 [/SUP]And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof:
[SUP]3 [/SUP]And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?
[SUP]5 [/SUP]Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.
2 trees (Mount of Transfiguration - Moses and Elijah, Law and Prophets) and the lamp stand of the menorah in the center. This is the light standing on the right side of the mercy seat just outside of the Holy of Holies. The curtain of the temple was rent.
John 8:12 (KJV)
[SUP]12 [/SUP]Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.