What music do you all listen to?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

disbeliever

Hey, guys, I just wanna know what music you all listen to. I like most extreme metal, like Bathory, Cannibal Corpse, and other stuff. I also like more normal metal bands, like Venom, Anthrax and Slayer.

S

SantoSubito

I'm quite the metalhead myself. Lately I've been listening to Helloween, Amon Amarth, Iced Earth, and Hammerfall.

Scotty

Feb 10, 2010
I listen to southern gospel, contemporary christian, and praise and worship music.

D

Dubbaz

Amon amarth/3iob/offspring/finntroll etc. Mainly sticking to folk/viking metal. Also your not using extremem metal correctly, its an umbrella term for heavyer styles, whereas cc are distinctly death metal :\

Aug 8, 2010
i'm not much into metal but i do enjoy the band Hammerfall, though i havent given them a listen in a bit...
i'm into all kinds of music.

but i listen to My Chemical Romance the most, actually saw them in concert on Thursday.

May 6, 2011
um 30 Seconds to Mars, Woe Is Me, Abandon All Ships, Super Mash Bros., Alesana, Fail Emotions, and lots more of similar sounding bands.

P

Paulasaurus

screamo + punk/rock
Woe is Me, Abandon All Ships, Philmont, Hawk Nelson, Tobymac, Skillet for example. :D

Feb 11, 2011
Mostly Country or Country/Gospel. Every now and then I'll listen to something else.

G4JC

Feb 9, 2011
I'll let this do the talking... (varied tastes?) :)

P

Psalm2713

anything Christ centered.............. anything not christian-I don't care how good it sounds.. I wont listen to it..
but christian music..don't care how it sounds .. LOVE IT!!

Aug 8, 2010
Oh and a random tid bit from my brain..

Whoever made the decision to mesh bag pipes with rock/punk rock were genius. I love it.

el

Dec 6, 2006
I'll let this do the talking... (varied tastes?) :)

Those are DEF my fav too! But I'll add some more ;)

pillow.jpg

(and btw that's my fav pillow..lol..)

And I like other bands like Sixteen Cities...Anberlin...The Afters...Brandon Heath...Third Day...Jesus Culture... and im sure there are other fav bands/singers... ;)

AND I have to add that I pay attention to music AND lyrics of the songs...

So I pretty much listen to Christian Rock and other contemporary christian music..

S

SantoSubito

Since Sanctus Real has come up so much I guess I'll mention the one thing that always bugged me about them. Why would they mash together a Latin and English word to form their name especially when it translates out to "Holy Real" or "Sacred Real"?

el

Dec 6, 2006
Since Sanctus Real has come up so much I guess I'll mention the one thing that always bugged me about them. Why would they mash together a Latin and English word to form their name especially when it translates out to "Holy Real" or "Sacred Real"?
Well I believe they called themselves like that cuz its more artsy and the word "Sanctus" sounds more like an ancient word than "Holy" or "sacred"...well thats my impression at least..lol.. might as well google their name story...

C

chimakara

I am also a metal fan, but I kinda prefer the metal bands that mix in elements of hardcore punk, genres such as metalcore and deathcore, a lot of those bands are also Christian, like The Devil Wears Prada, For Today, Impending Doom, Blessthefall, A Plea for Purging, I Built the Cross, With Blood Comes Cleansing, The Gun Show, Blood of the Martyrs, so many to name!

B

buttacup

i like everything execpt for rap

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I like Contemporary Christian Music, punk/alternative rock and Worship

Feb 9, 2011
Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie, Lady Gaga, The Doors, Pink Floyd, ALice Cooper, Motley Crue, Dope, The Murderdolls, Frankenstein Drag Queens from Planet 13, Slipknot, David Bowie, KeSha, Twisted Sister, Eminem, KMFDM, Queen, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Jefferson Airplane, Genitorturers, .....thats all I can think of right now.

This topic has been done to death! lol.