What PBS Nova and evolution taught me...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

So an atheist evolutionist friend of mine said I needed to get an education in science and evolution, seeing I believe we are created.

Ok..so he has me watch this Nova PBS video on science and evolution. I learned a ton!!!

ok ok...this is good.

See scientists view RNA as a major building block of life, so they were trying to create it in the lab.

Stick with me this is GOOOOOOOD.

So they took the ingredients of RNA and just kinda threw em together.

Funny thing. They didn't form in to RNA on their own......
BUT!

After the scientists heated water to a certain point, and put some THOUGHT in to the process of creating RNA, they actually CREATED RNA, synthetic life, right there in the lab!!!

Isn't that so cool???

So my atheist, evolutionist friend gave me a video that proves it takes intelligence to form one of the building blocks of life!!

Gotta love my atheist evolutionist friends. I learn so much!

Apr 6, 2011
Or they were just lucky o_O Just like when I threw that tomahawk in that game of search and destroy that wasnt intelligence that was luck.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Has anyone posted a copy of this particular program on YouTube? Sounds like something we should all watch... that is, if we're having problems falling asleep and need something to bore us to death...

I generally don't get too confrontational about what others purposefully decide to believe in but I'll always throw in little comments such as, "So these scientists can tell us how many billions and billions of years old a rock is... but they can't come up with a cure for something like the common cold..."

Things that make you go hmm. :)

1still_waters

I'll sum it up..

A super nova went BOOM BOOM at the right distance from a cloud of gas, and that eventually become us.

From BOOM BOOM super nova, to going BOOM BOOM in a Huggies diaper.

Makes sense to me.

NOT!

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
So an atheist evolutionist friend of mine said I needed to get an education in science and evolution, seeing I believe we are created.

Ok..so he has me watch this Nova PBS video on science and evolution. I learned a ton!!!

ok ok...this is good.

See scientists view RNA as a major building block of life, so they were trying to create it in the lab.

Stick with me this is GOOOOOOOD.

So they took the ingredients of RNA and just kinda threw em together.

Funny thing. They didn't form in to RNA on their own......
BUT!

After the scientists heated water to a certain point, and put some THOUGHT in to the process of creating RNA, they actually CREATED RNA, synthetic life, right there in the lab!!!

Isn't that so cool???

So my atheist, evolutionist friend gave me a video that proves it takes intelligence to form one of the building blocks of life!!

Gotta love my atheist evolutionist friends. I learn so much!

Whats even better they, still didnt create anything, thay had the building blocks to start with.. now this show how not so inttelligent they really are!

J

Jullianna

*shakes head* Stilly, stilly, stilly, did you not see the shades-of-Britney "Leave the poor little atheist evolutionists alone!!!" video on youtube?? I mean really...are the anti-christian blah, blah, blahs going to have to come in here too and tell you at least 4-5 times per post how pathetic it is for you to not be a quiet little coloring book cookiecutter Jesus follower??

Repeat after me: It's all bunnies and flowers and I'm okay your okay. (Remember to do this while skipping and tossing daisies)

And *gasp* another christian had the nerve to speak out against something in a christian forum??? (Since I've only used the word pathetic once, I'm tempted, but resisting the urge to use it again here.)

You know I love you, Stilly :) Since sarcasm seemed to be so popular in another thread, I thought I'd give it a shot just for fun. It's new, but I'm mildly entertained. :)

1still_waters

*shakes head* Stilly, stilly, stilly, did you not see the shades-of-Britney "Leave the poor little atheist evolutionists alone!!!" video on youtube?? I mean really...are the anti-christian blah, blah, blahs going to have to come in here too and tell you at least 4-5 times per post how pathetic it is for you to not be a quiet little coloring book cookiecutter Jesus follower??

Repeat after me: It's all bunnies and flowers and I'm okay your okay. (Remember to do this while skipping and tossing daisies)

And *gasp* another christian had the nerve to speak out against something in a christian forum??? (Since I've only used the word pathetic once, I'm tempted, but resisting the urge to use it again here.)

You know I love you, Stilly :) Since sarcasm seemed to be so popular in another thread, I thought I'd give it a shot just for fun. It's new, but I'm mildly entertained. :)

A

AnandaHya

I"m teaching evolution right now in our high school biology class and I found it interesting the things you can't teach. like the fact God exist makes more sense to me then saying its all by chance. lol

I figure that most of the things scientist discover may well describe how God made the world, but the time line might be off because they are thinking how long it would take of it to "naturally" happen when anyone who reads in the Bible would understand the concept of miracles.

lol we are teaching the theory of abiogenesis versus biogenensis.

Aristole talked about abiogenesis (living things coming from non living things, like flies morphing from rotten meat and sewage becoming rats)

Well in 1668 Redi did some experiments with meat, flies and three jars that showed WOW flies came from other FLIES.

Biogenesis says that LIVING THINGS come from Other living things.

begs to question where did those living things come from in the first place eeeHhhh??? lol

people like to ignore that question. if living things come from living things then how did the first living thing evolve?

Oxygen was first formed by lightning striking the water and releasing the bonds between Hydrogen and oxygen:

Let there be LIGHT!

Eukaryotic cells formed from prokaryotic cells engulfing other bacteria who are thought to become the mitochondria and chloroplast and instead of breaking it down and eating it they formed a symbiotic relationship, based on they have their own set of DNA and we have bacteria in our gut that helps us digest food and lives with us in a symbiotic relationship.

I find it interesting that no one thinks about the Divine catalyst that could have helped speed things along.

I think Science can sometimes explain HOW God does things, but not WHY or How fast. You know its the hand of God when something happens beyond HUMAN comprehension.

for example plate tectonics: it explains what happens when the plates moves: earthquakes and volcanoes,

but it does not say WHY, because GOD is the unspoken WHY. Ever thing in the world is in GOD"S hands and that is why we praise HIM who listen to our humble prayers and tells us that we are HIS. :)

YouTube - Who Am I Casting Crowns

N

NukePooch

You should do it more often.

Attachments

J

Jullianna

I"m teaching evolution right now in our high school biology class and I found it interesting the things you can't teach. like the fact God exist makes more sense to me then saying its all by chance. lol

I figure that most of the things scientist discover may well describe how God made the world, but the time line might be off because they are thinking how long it would take of it to "naturally" happen when anyone who reads in the Bible would understand the concept of miracles.

lol we are teaching the theory of abiogenesis versus biogenensis.

Aristole talked about abiogenesis (living things coming from non living things, like flies morphing from rotten meat and sewage becoming rats)

Well in 1668 Redi did some experiments with meat, flies and three jars that showed WOW flies came from other FLIES.

Biogenesis says that LIVING THINGS come from Other living things.

begs to question where did those living things come from in the first place eeeHhhh??? lol

people like to ignore that question. if living things come from living things then how did the first living thing evolve?

Oxygen was first formed by lightning striking the water and releasing the bonds between Hydrogen and oxygen:

Let there be LIGHT!

Eukaryotic cells formed from prokaryotic cells engulfing other bacteria who are thought to become the mitochondria and chloroplast and instead of breaking it down and eating it they formed a symbiotic relationship, based on they have their own set of DNA and we have bacteria in our gut that helps us digest food and lives with us in a symbiotic relationship.

I find it interesting that no one thinks about the Divine catalyst that could have helped speed things along.

I think Science can sometimes explain HOW God does things, but not WHY or How fast. You know its the hand of God when something happens beyond HUMAN comprehension.

for example plate tectonics: it explains what happens when the plates moves: earthquakes and volcanoes,

but it does not say WHY, because GOD is the unspoken WHY. Ever thing in the world is in GOD"S hands and that is why we praise HIM who listen to our humble prayers and tells us that we are HIS. :)

YouTube - Who Am I Casting Crowns
wow..that's a lot of really big words. :) Just teasing. That's awesome.

J

Jullianna

You should do it more often.
Although this picture offers an opportunity to once again use the magic "p" word...must...resist...must...find..kryptonite ...for...super power of sarcasm.

J

jimmydiggs

Even if you could build RNA from scratch in the labratory setting, all that has been proved is that it requires intelligent life to produce life.

Apr 6, 2011
Or it would prove that intelligent life was capable of creating life not that you actually needed it. I like nuclear bombs... they make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

A

AnandaHya

Or it would prove that intelligent life was capable of creating life not that you actually needed it. I like nuclear bombs... they make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
get too close and you won't feel anything inside

I love the pictures nukepooch lol :) my husband's opinion is if they are arguing then their BOTH WRONG. :)

Last edited:
N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

Does your hair ever poke you in the eye???

eugenius

Jul 17, 2009
How about the ingredients that RNA is made of. And why not go all the way down to atoms?

Man says, "I don't need God, I can make anything out of dirt, just look!!!" God yells from heaven, "Get your own dirt!!!" and takes the dirt away. The man stands there speechless unable to make anything.

Last edited:
J

jimmydiggs

How about the ingredients that RNA is made of. And why not go all the way down to atoms?

Man says, "I don't need God, I can make anything out of dirt, just look!!!" God yells from heaven, "Get your own dirt!!!" and takes the dirt away. The man stands there speechless unable to make anything.

The man would disappear as well.