What purpose is God carrying out during the Millennial Kingdom?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 21, 2016
I suggest they do. The church is the kingdom.
When Jesus sent out the apostles, before His sacrifice, He told them to proclaim the kingdom was at hand. During His ministry He describes the kingdom several times. Does His descriptions describe the kingdom you envision on earth or the church?
Hebrews 12:22
But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels

Psalm 103:19
The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
The theological term that is used to describe the state of the Kingdom at this point is, "Already but not yet". Messiah is already anointed King of the Kingdom of God, but He is not fully in charge of the government here on earth. The Millennial Kingdom is when this is fully realized!
There has never been a time when God was not fully in charge.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Messiah is already anointed King of the Kingdom of God, but He is not fully in charge of the government here on earth.
The way that is stated could lead to confusion. But what can be said with clarity is that Christ has not yet established His eternal Kingdom on earth.

There are many events which must take place before He does so. And one of those events is that God will literally give Satan 3 1/2 years to deceive the world, and many will be damned through his deception. But God says that that is because they did not love the truth to begin with, and loved unrighteousness.

turbosixx

Sep 16, 2023
The theological term that is used to describe the state of the Kingdom at this point is, "Already but not yet". Messiah is already anointed King of the Kingdom of God, but He is not fully in charge of the government here on earth. The Millennial Kingdom is when this is fully realized!
May I point out that when Jesus and the apostles were declaring the kingdom was at hand, that was before Jesus declared He had been given all authority and also before the church was established.

You didn't address the kingdom Jesus describes. May I suggest the kingdom prophesied in the OT is merely using language they would understand. Describing the greatest kingdom ever. The church is the greatest kingdom ever and it is eternal. In Christ, man now has the forgiveness of sins. It made Jew and Gentile into one new man establishing peace. Through Christ man can appeal to God. The church is sealed by the HS., ect...
When Jesus says, "Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people producing its fruits" ,or "the kingdom of heaven is like", do you feel Jesus is describing the "earthly" kingdom you envision or the church?

Also, Paul went about preaching the kingdom. Did he preach the future "earthly" kingdom or the church?
25 And now, behold, I know that none of you among whom I have gone about proclaiming the kingdom will see my face again.

8 And he entered the synagogue and for three months spoke boldly, reasoning and persuading them about the kingdom of God.

From morning till evening he expounded to them, testifying to the kingdom of God and trying to convince them about Jesus both from the Law of Moses and from the Prophets.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The church is the greatest kingdom ever and it is eternal.
Once again you are trying to spiritualize things. The Church is NOT the "greatest kingdom". The Church is within the eternal Kingdom of God, which goes well beyond the Church.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Once again you are trying to spiritualize things. The Church is NOT the "greatest kingdom". The Church is within the eternal Kingdom of God, which goes well beyond the Church.
A kingdom is a place where a king rules. The Lord rules and reigns in the hearts and minds of His people. The kingdom is within us and, therefore, within the church. Luke 17:21...the kingdom of God is within you...

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The kingdom is within us and, therefore, within the church. Luke 17:21...the kingdom of God is within you...
And that is NOT a substitute for the real, visible tangible Kingdom of God in earth. That is only UNTIL the eternal Kingdom of God is established. This will include both the Church and all the nations on earth under Christ.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
And that is NOT a substitute for the real, visible tangible Kingdom of God in earth. That is only UNTIL the eternal Kingdom of God is established. This will include both the Church and all the nations on earth under Christ.
I largely agree, but I know it isn't for the same reasons.

Dec 3, 2023
Simply put, it means,
When a believer truly learns the truth, in the process of learning, understanding the difference between truth and reality is a process of judging the world, silent judgment.

Nov 25, 2023
There has never been a time when God was not fully in charge.
2 Cor 4:3,4 "And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."
Sounds a little more complicated to me!

Nov 25, 2023
May I point out that when Jesus and the apostles were declaring the kingdom was at hand, that was before Jesus declared He had been given all authority and also before the church was established.

You didn't address the kingdom Jesus describes. May I suggest the kingdom prophesied in the OT is merely using language they would understand. Describing the greatest kingdom ever. The church is the greatest kingdom ever and it is eternal. In Christ, man now has the forgiveness of sins. It made Jew and Gentile into one new man establishing peace. Through Christ man can appeal to God. The church is sealed by the HS., ect...
When Jesus says, "Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people producing its fruits" ,or "the kingdom of heaven is like", do you feel Jesus is describing the "earthly" kingdom you envision or the church?

Also, Paul went about preaching the kingdom. Did he preach the future "earthly" kingdom or the church?
25 And now, behold, I know that none of you among whom I have gone about proclaiming the kingdom will see my face again.

8 And he entered the synagogue and for three months spoke boldly, reasoning and persuading them about the kingdom of God.

From morning till evening he expounded to them, testifying to the kingdom of God and trying to convince them about Jesus both from the Law of Moses and from the Prophets.
Yes, well it's all about the Kingdom of God. The Millennial Kingdom is simply a stage or dispensation of the Kingdom of God. Roman Catholics don't like the idea of the Millennial Kingdom because they believe they are the earthly fulfillment of God's Kingdom, and Reformed believers don't like the idea of the Millennial Kingdom because they believe the church has replaced Israel. So both of these groups tend to spiritualize or allegorize this clearly defined period of redemptive future of the earth. It sounds like you are completely unfamiliar with the doctrine of the Millennial Kingdom -it's not something I'm making up but a widely accepted doctrine around the world.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
2 Cor 4:3,4 "And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."
Sounds a little more complicated to me!
Not at all. Satan isn't God's equal. God isn't having difficulty controlling Satan. He could cast him into the deep any time. God has purpose in allowing what Satan does. This conversation would go into the ways of God and would make a great thread. But I'm not trying to derail this thread. But there is no great cosmic battle between God and Satan. Satan is a defeated foe. His doom is sure. His existence suits God's purposes.

Nov 25, 2023
Simply put, it means,
When a believer truly learns the truth, in the process of learning, understanding the difference between truth and reality is a process of judging the world, silent judgment.
I think you might have stepped into the wrong classroom. Cathartic navel poetry is two doors down.

Dec 3, 2023
I think you might have stepped into the wrong classroom. Cathartic navel poetry is two doors down.
Sorry, I just expressed my feelings based on my emotions.

glf

Mar 18, 2023
The New Covenant has already been established - Hebrews 8:7-12
"When He said, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is [fn]ready to disappear." Hebrews 8:13

So . . . no, The Millennial Kingdom has NOTHING to do with establishing a New Covenant!

Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law until all is fulfilled.

Now we know that what things soever the law says, it says to them who are under the law that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Before faith we were kept under the law shut up unto the faith that should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. But after faith, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

For this cause Jesus is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

(This means that both the old and new testaments run concurrently until the great white throne judgement where the lost will be judged by the standard contained in the law including those who are without faith during the Millennium. The new testament has no curse of death, except for a very few sins.)

If any man see his brother sin a sin that is not unto death, he shall ask, and He shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. I do not say that you shall pray for it. All unrighteous is sin and there is a sin not unto death.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law until all is fulfilled.

Now we know that what things soever the law says, it says to them who are under the law that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Before faith we were kept under the law shut up unto the faith that should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. But after faith, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

For this cause Jesus is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

(This means that both the old and new testaments run concurrently until the great white throne judgement where the lost will be judged by the standard contained in the law including those who are without faith during the Millennium. The new testament has no curse of death, except for a very few sins.)

If any man see his brother sin a sin that is not unto death, he shall ask, and He shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. I do not say that you shall pray for it. All unrighteous is sin and there is a sin not unto death.
Good stuff except for 2 covenants. The old has faded away. And Jesus blood cleansed heaven and made it new. And the kingdom of God is renewing the earth, also by His blood. Blessing is no longer tied to the law but in Christ.

turbosixx

Sep 16, 2023
Yes, well it's all about the Kingdom of God. The Millennial Kingdom is simply a stage or dispensation of the Kingdom of God. Roman Catholics don't like the idea of the Millennial Kingdom because they believe they are the earthly fulfillment of God's Kingdom, and Reformed believers don't like the idea of the Millennial Kingdom because they believe the church has replaced Israel. So both of these groups tend to spiritualize or allegorize this clearly defined period of redemptive future of the earth. It sounds like you are completely unfamiliar with the doctrine of the Millennial Kingdom -it's not something I'm making up but a widely accepted doctrine around the world.
True, I'm not completely familiar with the MK doctrine. If I don't read about it in scripture, I won't be familiar with it.
Just because something is widely accepted doesn't make it true. It's more likely to make it false.
I'm neither RC nor reformed, just Christian.

So the church is not redemptive?

I'm curious what kingdom do you believe Jesus was describing as He went around telling people that it was at hand.

ThyKingdomComeSoon

Apr 1, 2023
Good stuff except for 2 covenants. The old has faded away. And Jesus blood cleansed heaven and made it new. And the kingdom of God is renewing the earth, also by His blood. Blessing is no longer tied to the law but in Christ.
In the KJV in Matt, it is refers as a "testament", not covenant there is a difference, Jesus our messiah announced his will just before he died on the cross, he initiated the covenant but the it will be in application when he returns only.

Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Mrk 14:24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.

Blessings.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
In the KJV in Matt, it is refers as a "testament", not covenant there is a difference, Jesus our messiah announced his will just before he died on the cross, he initiated the covenant but the it will be in application when he returns only.

Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Mrk 14:24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.

Blessings.
I get the distinction, but the sending of the Spirit on Pentecost is evidence that a new covenant is in effect. Also, Hebrews states as much. And the epistles are all about how to live under such a covenant.

Dec 3, 2023
True, I'm not completely familiar with the MK doctrine. If I don't read about it in scripture, I won't be familiar with it.
Just because something is widely accepted doesn't make it true. It's more likely to make it false.
I'm neither RC nor reformed, just Christian.

So the church is not redemptive?

I'm curious what kingdom do you believe Jesus was describing as He went around telling people that it was at hand.
kingdom at our hand, what we should do to build up the kingdom with our hand.
If not, will never happen, I guess.