What real salvation is.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

7seasrekeyed

What is salvation you ask? The true salvation of Jesus is the established state of a soul who continually walks in the Spirit and has become capable of never sinning again [1 Peter 4:1-2], doing nothing but the will of the Father in every aspect of his or her life.
dude still saying he did not say what he said

can't have an honest conversation with a person that either does not remember what they wrote or has decided maybe it was not such a good idea

Feb 1, 2020
dude still saying he did not say what he said

can't have an honest conversation with a person that either does not remember what they wrote or has decided maybe it was not such a good idea
I'm literally saying that true salvation that appears from God LITERALLY saves you from committing sin through His grace and power and you are twisting my word to the max. All can see this.

Jan 17, 2020
Here's my approach to walking in the Spirit.

“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” (2 Corinthians 10:5) (KJV 1900)

We censor every impure thought or imagination. And change the channel in our thinking on any thought that does not conform to obedience to Christ.

And we replace it with:

“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (Philippians 4:8)

Knowing Jesus is God and God is love, Jesus is lord of our lives when love rules our thoughts and actions.

E

eternally-gratefull

What you need to know about your salvation:

The Lord's salvation only fully appears to a person when he or she has completely turned from their evil ways and have lost their life for God so that they might gain their life as Jesus said [Luke 9:24, Matthew 16:25]. What is salvation you ask? The true salvation of Jesus is the established state of a soul who continually walks in the Spirit and has become capable of never sinning again [1 Peter 4:1-2], doing nothing but the will of the Father in every aspect of his or her life.

With our minds seated in heavenly places [Ephesians 2:6], we must all approach the throne of grace [Hebrews 4:16] immediately to obtain mercy and be cleansed from ALL of our unrighteousness [1 John 1:9] so that we may become a new creature [2 Corin. 5:17] with the living mind and Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ [1 Corin. 2:16]. This is what makes a person capable of doing the will of the Father-- God will quicken your Spirit and cause you to walk in a newness of life [Roman's 8:11], always producing love without blame before Him. You will then cease from your own works and enter the sabbath rest of God that Hebrews chapter 4 tells us to make sure that we labor (work very hard) to enter into. What God truly desires is for you to receive the full measure of the mind and Spirit of Jesus with all His riches of peace, love, faith, hope, joy, goodness, and power completely added to your life. Seek and pray for this without doubting and you will receive all of these things so that you may be one of the few people that Jesus spoke about who finds the way that leads to eternal life [Matthew 7:14]. Are you one of the few who will believe in this loving and pure way of life and enter the kingdom of heaven with me? If so, pray this in your utmost faith with me!!

Heavenly Father,
I can see the narrow and difficult way that leads to eternal life with You. Without Your mind and Holy Spirit within me, I will be unable to walk or find my way to eternity with You which is why I ask You now to forever hold me with Your right hand and strengthen my heart so that I may emerge victorious over the sin in my life and be able to knowingly do Your will and be filled with the fullest measure of Your mind, peace, joy, hope, faith, Spirit, and love so that I can produce satisfying fruits of righteousness and forever sit on Your throne with You!!!!!!! In Jesus name I pray, AMEN! 💖💖💖
What you just did is condemn every man woman and child who just walked the earth, as no one can meet these requirements.

what this preaches is earning salvation via works Ie, make yourself right with God first, then you can God to God and say I am ready to recieve my wage,

E

eternally-gratefull

In Roman's 8:1 if you continue on after Roman's 7 that you are quoting, Paul clearly says that those who are in Christ Jesus do NOT walk after the flesh, but walk after the Spirit.

Also, Peter said it best "Forasmuch then as Christ has suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that has suffered in the flesh has CEASED FROM SIN; that he no longer should live THE REST OF HIS TIME in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God." -1 Peter 4:1-2
1. They were saved first
2. it does not say they were no longer sinners, (see 1 John 1: 8) to see also johns view on the ability to be sinless

E

eternally-gratefull

Care to explain what you mean? I quoted 10 scripture references..
Many people quote scripture, yet have different views.

be careful, the pharisees could quote the OT verbatim, yet we’re lost to what they really said.

knowing words does not mean you “know words”

E

eternally-gratefull

one small problem: 1 John 1:8 is written in present tense, not past tense, and it's written to believers, not unbelievers, and it's written long after the author came to faith, not before, and John includes himself in the declaration - he says "we" and "us" not "you" -- so your explanation doesn't fit the text. at all.
I am still trying to,get past how we perfect ourselves before salvation

E

eternally-gratefull

When I have confessed my sin and been cleansed of all unrighteousness and now LOVE my brother and abide in the light, there is no occasion of stumbling in me.

"He that loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no occasion of stumbling in him." -1 John 2:10
And this is not a root of pride, thinking you made it.

pride itself is a sin, so is lying

your right, we can love our brothers, so while loving we will break commands, but what you do not get, is even paul said we are a work in progress, non of us loves as God loves, hence why none of us are sinless

E

eternally-gratefull

Did I say I have never sinned? Not at all. I'm saying I took my sins and confessed them to Jesus and He cleansed me of all unrighteousness and set me free from my sin as the scriptures say. And you shake your head at me? Because I have repented and taken up my cross and followed Jesus? There are a multitude of angels rejoicing in heaven over the fact that I have repented.

"Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth." -Luke 15:10
When I have confessed my sin and been cleansed of all unrighteousness and now LOVE my brother and abide in the light, there is no occasion of stumbling in me.

"He that loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no occasion of stumbling in him." -1 John 2:10
no occasion of stumbling = no son

thus you declaired yourself to be sinless

unless you made a mistake in what you said

E

eternally-gratefull

And this is not a root of pride, thinking you made it.

pride itself is a sin, so is lying

your right, we can love our brothers, so while loving we will break commands, but what you do not get, is even paul said we are a work in progress, non of us loves as God loves, hence why none of us are sinless
This should say while loving we will NOT break commands

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Paul didnt? Paul said it was not longer he that lived but Christ that lived perfectly in Him [Galatians 2:20]. He also said that they who are Christs HAVE CRUCIFIED [past tense] their flesh with its passions and desires [Galatians 5:24]
Romans 7:25, Paul said "So then with the mind I serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin". Just because you have been born again, does not mean that you will never commit sins. All scriptures must harmonize to understand the doctrine of Jesus.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
one small problem: 1 John 1:8 is written in present tense, not past tense, and it's written to believers, not unbelievers, and it's written long after the author came to faith, not before, and John includes himself in the declaration - he says "we" and "us" not "you" -- so your explanation doesn't fit the text. at all.
Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness. (1 John 1:8-10)

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
2 Timothy 3
4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; 9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.

-there will be those who deny the power of the cross in dealing with the old man.
-there will be those who would rather defend the sinful nature and the inability for holiness, than to embrace the victory which was procured
-there will be those who claim to live by faith, but are deceived.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Here's my approach to walking in the Spirit.

“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” (2 Corinthians 10:5) (KJV 1900)

We censor every impure thought or imagination. And change the channel in our thinking on any thought that does not conform to obedience to Christ.

And we replace it with:

“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (Philippians 4:8)

Knowing Jesus is God and God is love, Jesus is lord of our lives when love rules our thoughts and actions.
Someone who is walking in the Spirit would never tell other people that they have reached Sinless Perfection.

That would be comparing themselves to The Power that is the cause of their Salvation and their Walk with the Lord.

Instead, they would be saying that their sufficiency is not in themselves, but in God. So it is the Power of God (in humility) that would be boasted in and NOT someone's "perfect sinlessness".

No one could say that they are walking in the Spirit perfectly 100% of the time. Except for my daughters friend from bible college, Nicole. She is adamant that she does...:ROFL:

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Yes he COUNTS not himself to have apprehended but what says he 2 verses later in v.15?

"Let us therefore, AS MANY AS BE PERFECT, be thus minded:and if in any thing you be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this to you." -Phillipiand 3:15

He's saying that if you are perfect, consider yourself to not be perfect, unless you be otherwise minded and God has revealed it to you.
((as i read it))

as many as are mature/complete/perfect be thus minded, he says.
be of what mind?
to not consider yourself to have reached perfection, v. 13 -- and if you aren't thus minded, v.15, but think you have become perfect, God will reveal it to you, that you have not yet attained, but ought to continue to press onward toward the high mark.

Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.
(Philippians 3:16)
here he speaks broadly of all the saints, saying we have each reached to different measures. clearly being 100% perfect is not a prerequisite to being numbered among the saved.
this doesn't in itself prove sinlessness on earth impossible, but it shows that it isn't the case and that it not being the case doesn't disqualify anyone from having salvation. it remains to explore what '
perfect' means -- as i put earlier, this word in Greek doesn't necessarily have the connotation it does in English; it means also to have become fully grown, to have reached maturity, etc. Paul refers to Himself here in Philippians as though one of these 'mature' but simultaneously refers to himself as not having 'attained' the goal, but still in himself needing to continue to press on towards it.

here it is again in Ephesians:

And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head — Christ — from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.
(Ephesians 4:11-16)
see how he speaks of us all growing and being built up towards the goal of being absolutely conformed to the image of Christ? but there's no hint of the presumption that no one who hasn't reached the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ is yet saved. the saved are continually being edified and growing in knowledge of Him, in love, to this end - but still being imperfect, are even so called saints.

E

EleventhHour

What you need to know about your salvation:

The Lord's salvation only fully appears to a person when he or she has completely turned from their evil ways and have lost their life for God so that they might gain their life as Jesus said [Luke 9:24, Matthew 16:25]. What is salvation you ask? The true salvation of Jesus is the established state of a soul who continually walks in the Spirit and has become capable of never sinning again [1 Peter 4:1-2], doing nothing but the will of the Father in every aspect of his or her life.

With our minds seated in heavenly places [Ephesians 2:6], we must all approach the throne of grace [Hebrews 4:16] immediately to obtain mercy and be cleansed from ALL of our unrighteousness [1 John 1:9] so that we may become a new creature [2 Corin. 5:17] with the living mind and Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ [1 Corin. 2:16]. This is what makes a person capable of doing the will of the Father-- God will quicken your Spirit and cause you to walk in a newness of life [Roman's 8:11], always producing love without blame before Him. You will then cease from your own works and enter the sabbath rest of God that Hebrews chapter 4 tells us to make sure that we labor (work very hard) to enter into. What God truly desires is for you to receive the full measure of the mind and Spirit of Jesus with all His riches of peace, love, faith, hope, joy, goodness, and power completely added to your life. Seek and pray for this without doubting and you will receive all of these things so that you may be one of the few people that Jesus spoke about who finds the way that leads to eternal life [Matthew 7:14]. Are you one of the few who will believe in this loving and pure way of life and enter the kingdom of heaven with me? If so, pray this in your utmost faith with me!!

Heavenly Father,
I can see the narrow and difficult way that leads to eternal life with You. Without Your mind and Holy Spirit within me, I will be unable to walk or find my way to eternity with You which is why I ask You now to forever hold me with Your right hand and strengthen my heart so that I may emerge victorious over the sin in my life and be able to knowingly do Your will and be filled with the fullest measure of Your mind, peace, joy, hope, faith, Spirit, and love so that I can produce satisfying fruits of righteousness and forever sit on Your throne with You!!!!!!! In Jesus name I pray, AMEN! 💖💖💖

The only part of us that is sinless is Christ Jesus within us.

The inherited nature from Adam however does not go away.

7seasrekeyed

I'm literally saying that true salvation that appears from God LITERALLY saves you from committing sin through His grace and power and you are twisting my word to the max. All can see this.
I shan't miss the exchange

1580686404806.jpeg