What Really Annoys You About Others?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
People who don’t drive the speed limit while not being in the far right lane! I’m not asking you to speed. Just go the speed limit! Lol

Susanna

Apr 14, 2023
Galveston and Houston
In my younger days when I was an officer I should have been giving the ones slowing down the traffic a ticket, instead of saying “I’m sorry Sir/Ma’am, but could you please take into consideration that the speed limit here is 50, not 20?😂

Susanna

Apr 14, 2023
Galveston and Houston
I have a tendency to not be reading the room, or anything else for that matter, so I’m just going about with my shenanigans until someone tells me that “Uhm, that’s very interesting…” in a most telling way.😂

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I try to be invisible so I dont annoy others with my presence....

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
People who make jokes at the expense of the feelings of others, people who talk down to others , parents who choose to humiliate their children in front of people as a punishment , people that are all gloom and doom and are never positive.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
1700981545157.png
Pet Peeve #27

Calling Thanksgiving............" turkey day."

Black Friday.

Grumpy cat hates crowds.

And you can forget about the turkey......Grumpy jumped up on the counter and already helped himself.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
...people that are all gloom and doom and are never positive.
People say I'm crazy
For worrying all the time
You paid attention, you'd be worried too
You better pay attention
Or this world we love so much
Might... Just... Kill you

I could be wrong...
But I don't think so!

- "Monk" theme song

notmyown

May 26, 2016
People say I'm crazy
For worrying all the time
You paid attention, you'd be worried too
You better pay attention
Or this world we love so much
Might... Just... Kill you

I could be wrong...
But I don't think so!

- "Monk" theme song

years and years ago, before i was married, i saw Randy Newman at SPAC. he was opening for i forget who, but i remember he chattered between songs and was quite funny.

at one point, he said Bruce Springsteen had recently called him. according to Randy, Bruce said,
"Randy, i'm tired. Why don't you be The Boss for a while." :cool:

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
i'm annoyed by people being late & never recognizing tardiness & not apologizing or it. disrespect when you are talking to someone & then they answer their cel phone

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
People who talk smack about others when they're not around. I'm a firm believer in not saying anything about a person that you wouldn't say to their face.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
People who talk smack about others to their face. Um well at least your honest. I just keep a respectful silence.

People who want to know all the gossip, but not about you.

People who want to know all about you, but don't share anything about themselves. Then they judge you, to your face.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
what gets your goat about others? No matter where you are or what your doing…
Well, obviously that they're not more like me. I could break into a song...

Me! Me! Wonderful me!
I'm full of myself and
so darn ha-pee!

(All as I twirl in front of a mirror.)

But seriously folks, this list could go on a long ways. There are plenty of things people do that can be frustrating or annoying. God knows I'm a brilliant example.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Heres an annoying thing I cant quite figure out...people who talk too much, and people who dont say anything.

There has to be a happy medium somewhere. And what about the people who finish your sentences?

I cant imagine how annoying that would be

What if we all did that...or all talked in rhyme?

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Heres an annoying thing I cant quite figure out...people who talk too much, and people who dont say anything.

There has to be a happy medium somewhere. And what about the people who finish your sentences?

I cant imagine how annoying that would be

What if we all did that...or all talked in rhyme?
reminds me of a woman i know. holy heavens, this woman can't shut her mouth. massively selfish she is. years ago, her & i went to dinner together at Siro's restaurant in Saratoga, not a date, just friends spending time with each other. she would always see us play in the bands. on the way there, i thought her vocal cords would get sick of her. at least she was courteous & ladylike at dinner. after awhile i said to myself i would never date her & i never did! 2 of my brothers are "talk aholics". they never heard of the 3 minute rule: adult courtesy says talk for 3 mi notes & give someone else a chance.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
reminds me of a woman i know. holy heavens, this woman can't shut her mouth. massively selfish she is. years ago, her & i went to dinner together at Siro's restaurant in Saratoga, not a date, just friends spending time with each other. she would always see us play in the bands. on the way there, i thought her vocal cords would get sick of her. at least she was courteous & ladylike at dinner. after awhile i said to myself i would never date her & i never did! 2 of my brothers are "talk aholics". they never heard of the 3 minute rule: adult courtesy says talk for 3 mi notes & give someone else a chance.
oh dear

too many things I am recalling annoy me now

the chatterboxes - one lady I know, took her to the library and she chatted the entire time as I was choosing books.
the addicts - call you to have coffee as they addicted, don't care so much about you as long as they get their coffee fix. Or it might be alcohol and say lets go have a drink. So you have a glass of water and they ordering the most expensive bottle and then ask you for a ride home.

I have learned to avoid such situations now but if I do end up in them, exit with as much grace God will allow.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
People who talk on their cellphones on speaker! Oh my! The other day, hubby and I were at the store, and an older man answered his and had it on speaker. Sir, I don’t need to know your business and who should get power of attorney.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
What annoys you about others?
do you believe when looking for someone, We should all be merry and bright and be full of unicorn dust on our adventures for God to find our soul mates..?
I’m bored so think of resting bitch on ice and you may get the picture.😀
I really get bored by charmers. Or those who think you should always be be “On”

What about you?

what gets your goat about others? No matter where you are or what your doing…
Very often it is what I dislike about myself.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Very often it is what I dislike about myself.
I agree. It's definitely what I dislike about you. :p

Kidding, kidding! I don't even know you. But the joke was too good to pass up.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
People who talk on their cellphones on speaker! Oh my! The other day, hubby and I were at the store, and an older man answered his and had it on speaker. Sir, I don’t need to know your business and who should get power of attorney.
They are probably deaf because its hard to hear people on a cellphone unless held right close to the ear and you not actually supposed to do that. It damages your ears.

The polite thing to do is either go somewhere outside you can hear and have a convo, or let it go to voicemail or even txt.

Even if you dont have it on speaker, people going to hear your side of the convo anyway. This is why cellphones are banned in many public places. I dont know why cities dont just cotinue to have little booths or boxes so people can use their phones in there, like have a 'listening space'

But I suppose the whole point of cellphones, mobiles etc is so you can look like an idiot walkie talkie while using it lol