What Sacrifice?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SoulWeaver

Senior Member
Oct 25, 2014
4,889
2,528
113
Psalms 20:3 Remember all thy offerings, and accept thy burnt sacrifice; Selah.
Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

What sacrifice there is that resists walking towards the altar and strives to run back out the entrance door?
What sacrifice is there that, having been prepared, runs out of the temple to graze on some more grass?
What sacrifice is there that struggles with the High Priest and refuses to be sacrificed, even stabs the priest in struggle?

Yet we all did it...

WE are God's SACRIFICE for His good pleasure, made acceptable by Jesus Christ.
We often talk about ourselves that we are saints in Jesus, priesthood in Jesus, holy people in Jesus, warriors in Jesus, adopted children in Jesus.

Yes we never think of ourselves as SACRIFICES in Jesus really, burning with the Holy Spirit? But that's also who we are in Him. That's our new calling. I'm not someone independent, I am totally subdued to Jesus unto death, in Jesus name, I am a living SACRIFICE acceptable to Him, amen. Let us meditate on this truth and live it out.

Just something God was showing me tonight, that really fed me in my current situation. If you struggle with accepting God's will on something, allow your mind to rest on this.
 
I didnt even want to go anywhere but I just couldnt do differently. The social interaction is too much for me and it pushes me into depression. The reason why I've been on so much for a time being is momentary exceptional circumstances in my life, and that I function in waves. Later when I looked back I thought "man I must've been on some drugs" how many posts I've made in a few months o.0 I normally just keep quiet... My messages are still off and as much as I want to talk with everyone, I'll have to leave it that way. I know some might resent me for it or think I'm being inconsiderate or rude or that I dont care or whatever, but I cant help it. If they knew me in person they would understand and know. TY and anyone else who prayed for me, it's very appreciated.
 
I understand so much of how giving of yourself too much and leaving drained as I do the same thing. I think it is very common among women because we want so much to uplift and encourage each other only neglecting ourselves. But I am thankful you are back as many of us have been praying and worried for you. You left an impression on us all of a Godly woman who loves with all her heart and for that we are blessed.

God has been doing some serious work in and around me. I love you SW
 
Last edited: