What should I do?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Brittany1

So, I have a lot to be grateful for. I have God for starters. The two friends I actually have are both Christian. I have an awesome family. I have a job and car. I go to school and make really good grades. So why do I still feel like something is missing? I feel like my life still needs something in it to make it complete. I feel lonely all the time. If I'm not at school or work, I'm just sitting at home watching tv wishing I was out doing something like most normal people. I have always been a bit on the shy side. I have never really got asked to hang out with someone. I pretty much have to beg to hang out with them. I don't think there's that much wrong with me. I'm a very sweet girl, I don't think I'm that ugly, I'm smart, I consider myself fun to be around, I don't smoke, drink, cuss, anything. I am a true christian. But yet I'm all alone on a Friday night. What gives? So when a member of the opposite gender actually likes me, I jump the gun because I'm desperate to find that love and that void inside me. You see, my mom and dad got divorced after 20 years of marriage and now it's like I'm on a whole different planet from my dad. He favors my brother and he told me he wants nothing to do with me. So I am always trying to find someone to fill that emptiness. To show me love that no one else would. Then I end up doing things I regret and get hurt really bad. I fall way too easily for guys because for once I feel loved when I'm with them. Then they leave me heartbroken. I'm sorry I am just rambling to some strangers, but I really need some advice from some christians. I'm tired of living my life like this.

S

Stephen

You must grow in faith and understanding. Study God's word and pray and your relationship with God will give you a peace and joy beyond understanding. You must find fellowship with believers so I would get connected to a church that offers sound Biblical teaching and has a young adults ministry. There you can grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior and gain fellowship with believers. Do not be in a hurry to find a boyfriend...please work on your relationship with God and allow Him to shape and mold you into a woman that a solid Christian man will desire.

J

Jullianna

Brittany,

The fact that you aren't being asked out doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with you. :) You would be surprised how many attractive, shy ladies are sitting at home on Friday nights for one reason (if what we read in these threads is any indication) - the guys who like them won't ask for various reasons and the ladies are trying to be ladies and won't ask the guys. Most of the time they assume that you would turn them down or are dating someone else. Maybe working on overcoming your shyness a bit and throwing out a few hints would be helpful if that's the case. :) You look like a very pretty young lady to me and your writing shows a tender, loving heart.

So very sorry to read about your family situation. Am praying now for all of you. You are seeking God I'm sure. He can bring you to that place of healing so you can fully appreciate a healthy relationship. Please continue to seek His face and guidance to avoid the wrong guy taking advantage of your need to fill that void. God bless you richly. <3

B

Brittany1

Thanks :) that does make me feel better Jullianna. And thanks Stephen. You both have great advice :)

G

GreenNnice

Brittany, you are not alone, we all sin , have sinned, and will sin again, because that's what happened when sin entered the world back when Adam and Eve sinned.
You are not experiencing things so different from most girls out of high school and trying to manage doing a true christian life. That's good, girl, you go (and keep going) STRONGER and STRONGER . God knows your hurts, He knows your father, too, so pray to God about that want of yours. God not only listens to us, not only hears us, He acts AMAZINGLY for us , especially IF we truly want to model our life after the goodness He , and, only He can truly bring. :) So don't worry about things of your past except to help you go forward unfrowardly toward God's joyous, grace-filled future. God bless your presente, I hope we strangers helped you out. :)

R

REDMama

Trust

It is a possibility that the men, guys you are speaking of are not as mature as they should and need to be, in order to be involved with you. they don't understand what you have been through and what you need at this point in your life, and maybe alot of them also need some love and some healing. And this will create more hurt on your part and his part.

but for sure it is God's design for male and female, man and woman to come together, and with two mostly healthy individuals, the purpose is to be strong for one another.

So, don't give up.

Watch some sappy love stoires

Sleepless In Seattle (Tom Hanks)
Good Will Hunting (Matt Damon)

Good Luck and Best Wishes for learning Christ Principles for godly relationships

We're all in it, some more eager and able than others, and quite it appears sometimes smarter at this part of life.